Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, R Mukhtar said:

Thanks, so am I, my son and his fiance were both in tears, I mean they are just kids and they are in love, they speak every single day since the day they got engaged. I guess CR-1 is will have to be, we were just avoiding having to go back to Pakistan with a family of 5 because it's hella expensive, but I'd do anything for my son's happiness. 

thank you!

Wishing the best for you and your family :)

Timeline
Just now, paki-guy said:

Humm, just curies why you involved  senator so soon. Her interview was a month ago. You should give embassy at least 60 days to make their mind. They still have her passport. Please don't rush them in future if you go for CR-1  

I got senator involved because I wasn't able to get an answer from Embassy as to why she was in AP, We provided everything they needed. I don't know if that had a factor in the denial but I'll just wait it out next time. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, paki-guy said:

I'm glad that you understood my point. Unless she receive her passport without visa , there is still  3% hope for K-1.

They are kids, but you as an adult keep in mind that even with CR-1, there may be a delay due to her origin city. It may be a rough journey, so prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, R Mukhtar said:

AOA,

So we had our senator inquire about our case as we weren't able to get any answers from the embassy, Senator received a response that the case is being sent back to USCIS and the CO found her not eligible for this category of visa. That is all the letter said. USCIS said they don't have the case yet but will not reaffirm a k-1 application and will let it expire.

So I sent another letter to Senator this morning to see if they can get a reason for denial from the consulate since every time I call/email them they keep saying the case is in AP. My son is heartbroken, but our next step is to find out the cause for denial and then plan on getting them married in the summer. Do you know if we need to wait for the official denial letter to get married and re-apply? I heard the denial letter could take a long time. 

I don't know what they mean she is not eligible for this category of visa, do they think they are already married? I mean they aren't and can't be since the legal age to marry in Pakistan is 18 for guys. I did send a notarized consent to marry for my son with the application since in Virginia the legal age is 18 but 16 with parental consent. This sucks! 

Did they have a nikah/religious wedding?  Are they cousins/related?   There are many reasons why they would be found ineligible.   Best bet is to try for CR-1.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Did they have a nikah/religious wedding?  Are they cousins/related?   There are many reasons why they would be found ineligible.   Best bet is to try for CR-1.

No nikkah, not blood related. She is my sisters husbands niece. Nothing out of the ordinary, maybe because of the short time we visited or maybe not enough pics provided. Idk. But now we will plan to go in the summer for nikkah then file for CR1 visa. Idk why when I call them they still say case is in AP.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA, Hope everyone are ok out there.. just checking if anyone got any visa recently if so please share your experience. I wish everyone good luck and pray whoever are in AP get out soon and get their visa In Sha Allah.. 😍

5 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

AOA, Hope everyone are ok out there.. just checking if anyone got any visa recently if so please share your experience. I wish everyone good luck and pray whoever are in AP get out soon and get their visa In Sha Allah.. 😍

Will we get the visa? The waiting period seems like never ending. I hope it ends well for all of us.

11 hours ago, paki-guy said:

AoA Guys,

I have two good news.

1. Someone got visa issued yesterday from ISL Cr-1. I predicted that she will get visa on valentine day but it was issue 12 days late….. lol

She sent me the following message.

Hey! My US spouse visa got issued yesterday. Thanks for your expertees in helping me predict the timeline. Hope you continue to do so for more people who go through this. 

2. Another member in F-4 got visa issued yesterday. My prediction was Late March but he got it 30 days earlier...lol

He sent me the following message.

Brother,

Thank you so much for all the help and tips.

Alhamdulillah Visa was issued yesterday.

Wowww .. Thats a great news. 

Brother, inn mein sey kisi ka sur name Khan tha kya ? 

And 2ndly you predicted me to wait till Feb 2020 and thats way too long. 

Btw I sent embassy the email regarding the potential return of my passport as I have an international travel and its been more than 9 days I didnt get any resposnse from the embassy. 

What should I do now ? 

Any suggestion.

Timeline
4 hours ago, M.Hassan Khan said:

Wowww .. Thats a great news. 

Brother, inn mein sey kisi ka sur name Khan tha kya ? 

And 2ndly you predicted me to wait till Feb 2020 and thats way too long. 

Btw I sent embassy the email regarding the potential return of my passport as I have an international travel and its been more than 9 days I didnt get any resposnse from the embassy. 

What should I do now ? 

Any suggestion.

my husbands last name is Khan and he has been in administrative process for 18 months now :(. 

1 hour ago, Mia12392 said:

my husbands last name is Khan and he has been in administrative process for 18 months now :(. 

Omg 😢 its way too long.

So sad to hear about your case. Hope it shouldn't be the case with me. 

We dont even know whats wrong with this Khan sur name or with this AP. Why they kept us waiting for so long. 

May this wait be fruitful for u and I hope you will get good news soon.

Do keep me in your prayers too. 

Prayers can change anything. 

And please do tell me when did u get the  DS-5535 Questionnaire  so that I can have a better understanding of my case ? 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, M.Hassan Khan said:

Omg 😢 its way too long.

So sad to hear about your case. Hope it shouldn't be the case with me. 

We dont even know whats wrong with this Khan sur name or with this AP. Why they kept us waiting for so long. 

May this wait be fruitful for u and I hope you will get good news soon.

Do keep me in your prayers too. 

Prayers can change anything. 

And please do tell me when did u get the  DS-5535 Questionnaire  so that I can have a better understanding of my case ? 

My husband received a ds5535 form three days after his interview. We submitted it via email on September 6,2017. Ever since then nothing has changed. our case never gets updated and the embassy stopped replying to our inquiries. The embassy used to reply with the generic reply that our case is in admin process bla bla bla... but we don't even get that response anymore. The interview went very well and no other documents were requested. :( We don't know what the problem is or why they are doing this to us. The embassy did keep my husbands passport. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, paki-guy said:

AoA Guys,

I have two good news.

1. Someone got visa issued yesterday from ISL Cr-1. I predicted that she will get visa on valentine day but it was issue 12 days late….. lol

She sent me the following message.

Hey! My US spouse visa got issued yesterday. Thanks for your expertees in helping me predict the timeline. Hope you continue to do so for more people who go through this. 

2. Another member in F-4 got visa issued yesterday. My prediction was Late March but he got it 30 days earlier...lol

He sent me the following message.

Brother,

Thank you so much for all the help and tips.

Alhamdulillah Visa was issued yesterday.

how long was the first person in AP who received the visa? how many months. 

Need help 

f 3 category 

interview date 3 jan, 2019

simple questions asked by vo

joint sponsor required. Uploaded on 23 February, 2019.

no update 

we are 4 members. My father fiilled i-130 in 2006 march.

family members my spouse, son 17 years old, daughter 15 years old. 

When there is a chance to get updates or visa. 

Can someone please help me

thanks

ShNeed help 

f 3 category 

interview date 3 jan, 2019

simple questions asked by vo

joint sponsor required. Uploaded on 23 February, 2019.

no update 

we are 4 members. My father fiilled i-130 in 2006 march.

family members my spouse, son 17 years old, daughter 15 years old. 

When there is a chance to get updates or visa. 

Can someone please help me

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.