Ify.o

Going to give birth in the u s

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, controlla said:

You might wanna consider a career with custom and border protection so you can personally deny people like "them" from entering the US.

Why single out the OP? Thousands of women from Asia, Africa, Europe come over to the US to give birth to their children for obvious reasons (US citizenship for their kids). Most are wealthy. The OP probably is too regardless of whether or not s/he understands basic english. If you have no credible answers/advise for the OP then don't type anything.

It isn't singling out the OP, anybody who does this is abusing the system, especially if they are planning on skipping out on the bill.  Jus soli is to prevent an underclass from forming in America, the children of immigrants who RESIDE in the country already.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Just now, N-o-l-a said:

It isn't singling out the OP, anybody who does this is abusing the system, especially if they are planning on skipping out on the bill.

You might wanna consider a career with the CBP too. The OP never mentioned skipping the bill. I skimmed through this thread and s/he clearly states that they are paying the bills and also, she was here last year and stayed for a few months. Clearly, they can afford to pay thousands of dollars to travel multiple times between their home country and  the US. 

Giving birth in the US is not abusing the system. There is no law that forbids a foreigner from coming to the US to give birth for the purpose of birthright citizenship for their child.

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

Timeline
Just now, controlla said:

You might wanna consider a career with the CBP too. The OP never mentioned skipping the bill. I skimmed through this thread and s/he clearly states that they are paying the bills and also, she was here last year and stayed for a few months. Clearly, they can afford to pay thousands of dollars to travel multiple times between their home country and  the US. 

So he's got $200,000 saved up for possible complications related to a family member's birth?

My b.s. meter is going off.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Cost is about the same in a private European hospital and the care is arguably better, why not go there if they aren't just fishing for jus soli?  

3/26/18 Biometrics

1 minute ago, N-o-l-a said:

So he's got $200,000 saved up for possible complications related to a family member's birth?

My b.s. meter is going off.

I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. It's none of my business. And it's none of yours too. Do you wanna maybe call the interviewing officer at the embassy in Lagos or Abuja and ask for a copy of their bank statements?

Like I said to some other person on here, if you have no answers or advice for the OP then let them be. They have their visas.

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

All that the OP wants to do is what the Asians have been doing all along. I stand, not, in his quest. 

1. However, we all seem to be missing one important question that the OP should atleast answer. How did the wife get the tourist visa? On what basis was it given? OP, you're now trying to use the visa for something else?  I doubt if he'll answer this since it's not useful to him. Seems like the wife came for something else, and now has tons of ideas. 

He may or may not have the money. I won't indulge in that. We surely don't know. In my experience with Nigerians, they "seem" to have money, somehow.  Which bring me to my second question:

2. OP, if you have the money, as you say, why not put her in the next flight like all the wealthy people do and admit her to any hospital? Why are you still comparing prices? I feel like you're asking to see if you can make it, and if not, lie at POE of your intention. For all there is, you have to achieve your goals.

3. He doesn't seem to understand what the phrase "show up with $100 bill" means. I may understand if he doesn't know what Medicaid/ Medicare is, but the phrase? Seems all you want is to get the baby to the US, and you've just got this idea after your wife's visit, and now running left- right and center to get answers. 

My conclusion: This doesn't add up nor make sense. We may be looking at a case of 'hit n run' meaning ' pay the minimum, deliver, gather documents and vanish.' I stand corrected. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A Nigerian woman has run up a £330,000 bill for NHS treatment after she gave birth prematurely to quadruplets in a London hospital.

The woman was taken ill on a flight from the US to Nigeria via Heathrow.

It comes as a group of MPs have urged the government to take "urgent action" to recover more money for treating foreign patients.

A Public Accounts Committee report says the system for recouping costs from overseas patients is "chaotic".

The case of the Nigerian woman is thought to be one of the NHS's biggest unpaid bills for an overseas patient.

The woman, who is included in the BBC Two programme Hospital, was due to give birth in the US, where she has family, but had been turned away for not having the right hospital paperwork.

She was taken ill on her flight home to Nigeria and ended up in St Mary's A&E, which covers Heathrow after her flight stopped over at the airport.

Priscilla was three months away from her due date.

She gave birth to one baby who died and she and her three children were all placed in intensive care.

Another of her children died on Saturday and her two surviving children remain in intensive care which costs £20,000 a week per child.

Priscilla was released from hospital after six weeks and is being supported by a charity as she has no family in the UK and admits she has no ability to pay the bill.

She was refused admittance  to the US as she had not shown ability to pay.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Three posts have been removed because they were noncontributory or worse.

This thread devolved into bickering and hasn't recovered, so it's now closed to further comment.

Do not restart this thread or refer to it elsewhere.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.