2,948 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I agree.  Better to travel with original 18 months extension letter to be safe.  Request one first online and if they do not send it, then get an infopass for passport stamp to be safe.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:58 PM, Ali7 said:

Omg, my case is the same as yours! I even have the same first few wac numbers, 18017xxx. You must be either a few cases above or down below my case. Regarding my case, I have the same updates and even the same transfer dates. I had the same situation with my biometrics as well. Thank you so much for writing, you give me some hope! I hope I hear something soon as well. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m extremely happy for you! 

I'm on the same boat as you too, @Ali7 let's hope we get to hear some good news soon. 

I read my Rfe letter. They are asking lease again . I submitted Tax return until 2016 because that's what I had when I was filing I 751 in oct 2017. Copy of Health and life insurance . They are asking Utility bill which I submitted already at that time . Well, Affidavits are new request which I will definitely turn in.  They also mentioned that not to send a copy of documents already submitted . What should I do 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 minutes ago, mister-love said:

rsz_2screenshot_20190311-175114_casetracker.thumb.jpg.ffede9b6b0be085d0f0c8ac65df27e91.jpgIs this normal all these ppl got RFE in the same dates!

Yes, it is.  It seems like roughly 4-5 cases a day.  If the files do not have basic items they are looking for (and the petitioners did not submit any explanation with it), they will issue RFE to provide an opportunity for the petitioners to explain why their circumstances are not what normal couple is expected to be (i.e. no lease or mortgage).  Many situations are fully understandable and can be explained easily, while some files are just too thin (i.e. the petitioners really did not supply sufficient evidence).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is the list published time and time with I-751 discussion board and applicant needs to try their best  to prepare during their first two years of marriage by actively  work to make sure that they have most of those documents.  Some of them are easy, like joint credit card,  joint bank account, beneficiary to 40IK and health insurance.  Joint tax filing,  Driver licence or state ID with same address, a few utility bills to joint name, power of attorney etc.  

Edited by dilip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, TK619 said:

I'm on the same boat as you too, @Ali7 let's hope we get to hear some good news soon. 

@TK619 At least we are not alone. If I get something, I’ll let you know, but for now let’s have some hope to hear something soon🤞🏻🤞🏻

Yay! Congratulations! 

:) :) :)

3 hours ago, MrGeorgeMonopoly said:

Finally after a good 17 months wait just saw this today😁

AA8E43F3-D786-4B5C-8062-A089DDAA9214.jpeg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

13 hours ago, March777277 said:

Is your case from Vermont office?

It was. But got transferred to texas on Dec 4, 2018.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.