2,948 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Eidwetab said:

@GBOS I filed AR11 every time I moved and they have all been completed (status says your request to update your address is complete)... So I assume it's the right address? I have never called them before.

You can believe how incompetent USCIS is, can't you?  I am only suggesting out of caution because there were two people recently (on a January or February 2018 filers threads) have reported that they received an update that RFE has been mailed to them, then they waited a week and never got it.  Wait for it, wait for it, they called USCIS and was told that their street address were missing (only city, state, zip code were there).  One of them told USCIS that he/she received all the other letters and has never moved.  Wait for it, wait for it, USCIS told him/her that it must be him/her who made that error (how?).  USCIS can never make errors?  True story.

Edited by GBOS

2 minutes ago, GBOS said:

You can believe how incompetent USCIS is, can't you?  I am only suggesting out of caution because there were two people recently (on a January or February 2018 filers threads) have reported that they received an update that RFE has been mailed to them, then they waited a week and never got it.  Wait for it, wait for it, they called USCIS and was told that their street address were missing (only city, state, zip code were there).  One of them told USCIS that he/she received all the other letters and has never moved.  Wait for it, wait for it, USCIS told him/her that it must be him/her who made that error (how?).  USCIS can never make errors?  True story.

@GBOSwow that's scary. I'm just worried that if I call I will mess something up lol

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eidwetab said:

@GBOSwow that's scary. I'm just worried that if I call I will mess something up lol

I would just call up and first say that you did not receive a transfer notice when case went to NSC, and that now the card is about to be shipped, you want to make sure that the address USCIS has is correct.  Be prepared to talk to a parrot.  Those live parrots on the phone (tier 1) is one of the most annoying customer services I have encountered and I have only called them twice way way back in 2015.

Edited by GBOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
7 minutes ago, I751_HK said:

Anybody here who'd care got transfered to NSC on Nov 5th got RFE ?

But be glad that u even got an RFE. So many of us have status from April 9th, 2018 - case received in local office...

Your application probably warranted for an RFE anyway and at least someone is looking at it and you may get an approval in the next 3 weeks. R u an n400'er?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eidwetab said:

Just saw the "new card is being produced" message!!! I filed on October 24, 2017 to CSC and transferred to Nebraska. And finally approved today. My receipt number is WAC 18024******.

Thank you guys for all the encouraging comments and I sincerely hope this wait would be over soon for those of you that are still waiting.

But the bad news is, I'm moving out of my apartment on March 23... How long did it take you guys to receive your card in the mail? I have missed receipts in this location before. If I were to change my address now to my new address, would it have enough time to change in their system? 

N400?

Just now, David1987 said:

But be glad that u even got an RFE. So many of us have status from April 9th, 2018 - case received in local office...

Your application probably warranted for an RFE anyway and at least someone is looking at it and you may get an approval in the next 3 weeks. R u an n400'er?

Oh sorry my question was that " Anybody here whose application transfered on Nov 5th to NSC got RFE?" I guess I mis typed it. Seems like they are randomly sending rfe. I can see on the tracker . Well who knows.  I am still waiting for letter to see what they are asking for ? 

Just now, I751_HK said:

Oh sorry my question was that " Anybody here whose application transfered on Nov 5th to NSC got RFE?" I guess I mis typed it. Seems like they are randomly sending rfe. I can see on the tracker . Well who knows.  I am still waiting for letter to see what they are asking for ? 

No I didn't file N400 yet.  

5 minutes ago, David1987 said:

No I didn't file N400 

Timeline
Just now, I751_HK said:

Is it okay to travel on 18 months extension courtesy copy ?  My card expiry date was Jan 19th 2018. So 18 months from the expiry date will be july 19th 2019 right ? 

Yes and yes

1 hour ago, I751_HK said:

Is it okay to travel on 18 months extension courtesy copy ?  My card expiry date was Jan 19th 2018. So 18 months from the expiry date will be july 19th 2019 right ? 

I don't think they'll accept the courtesy copy. Or will they? Getting a stamp would be safer.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, fruitnut said:

I don't think they'll accept the courtesy copy. Or will they? Getting a stamp would be safer.

We

1 hour ago, I751_HK said:

I saw somewhere they don't accept courtesy copy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, tom1234567 said:

Hello All,

I've been reading for about half a year but this is my first post. This morning the status of my ROC has updated to "new card is being produced". I initially filed jointly on October 14th 2017 at CSC and they received the documents on October 17th 2017. They gave me case number WAC1801700XXX. I got a status update on February 25th and another one on the 27th, 2018, on myUSCIS: "Case was received at my local office". I never received an appointment for biometrics so I submitted a "missing document" inquire. They got back to me with the info that no new biometrics are needed, they would reuse the old ones.

Time went by, until November 20th 2018 when my case updated again but only on the USCIS case app (iPhone) telling me that a new office has jurisdiction over my case. A week after that, I received a letter in the mail, saying that my case was transferred to the Nebraska Service Center. Then nothing again, until this morning when my status on the phone app changed to "new card is being produced". There is no update on the myUSCIS website yet. And before I forget, I did not file for N400.

So that's it I suppose. I wish I could pass on hope, and good wishes, and comfort, but these 17 months of waiting have been nothing short of hell on earth. And there seems to be no way of calculating/understanding the process either, which makes it so unbearable. So, I guess, it comes down to this: good LUCK to you all.

Omg, my case is the same as yours! I even have the same first few wac numbers, 18017xxx. You must be either a few cases above or down below my case. Regarding my case, I have the same updates and even the same transfer dates. I had the same situation with my biometrics as well. Thank you so much for writing, you give me some hope! I hope I hear something soon as well. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m extremely happy for you! 

Edited by Ali7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, fruitnut said:

Last March, 2018, when I went to visit India.  I had my 12 months extension letter and for the secondary check ( just before you will get into US flight), they look under light for watermark and courtesy copy does not have it.  I did not receive the original 18 months extension letter after two requests and went for passport stamp to be safe before visiting India again.  Each airport and each country do differently.

Full disclaimer: I did not travel outside the country with courtesy copy and do not know whether it will accepted or not.  However, I was afraid to do it  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
18 hours ago, I751_HK said:

I’ve traveled before with the extension letter but mine has the watermarks. I suggest you to request an original copy just in case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.