Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Medi_07 said:

Mine too says April 18 !! My field office is San Francisco and it is really slow ;( 

Case status shows ready for interview on July 13th. Interview scheduled for August 30th at 11am... Hartford Connecticut 

2 minutes ago, HisForeverWife said:

Case status shows ready for interview on July 13th. Interview scheduled for August 30th at 11am... Hartford Connecticut 

Wow! It was fast!! :dance:

Good luck in your interview! Keep us updated! 

My AOS timeline

10/12/17:Package sent

10/19/17: Package received

10/25/17: SMS/ email 

10/30/17: NOA received. Priority date: 10/19/17

11/10/17: Biometric appointment notice

11/20/17: Biometric appointment

11/20/17: Biometric done

03/13/2018: Received RFE

03/23/2018: Response received 

03/30/18: EAD card is being produced 

03/03/18: EAD approved 

04/05/2018: Card in hands+ approval letter+ courtesy letter for I-693

04/09/2018: Received SSN card

04/18/2018: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview ( updated just in the end of August/18)

01/18/19: Interview scheduled 

02/26/19: Interview day ( approved )

02/26/19: Card is being produced 

03/01/19: Card was mailed to me

03/02/19: Received approval  letter for forms I-485+ I-130

03/05/19: Card in hands

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had interview on 21 August Long island NY. It was going well but IO said you have to wait for decesion. I am upset why he put me in wait. Still no update. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello. It looks like my EAD went to the wrong address. It went to a P.O. Box XXXX at a local postal office according to an USPS employee. I do not have any P.O. Box (Never did) and the address on file is correct for USCIS to send it to the correct mailing address where I reside. I went to USPS but they told me to contact the sender. 

USPS Tracking # was given by USCIS.  

What I have done so far to rectify the problem:

Online USPS inquiry resulting in: Dear First Last Name.

This message is to let you know that we have received your inquiry at the Post Office. 

After we review and investigate the information you have provided, we will contact you and work with you until the case is resolved. 

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.  We look forward to serving you. 

Sincerely,

Your United States Postal Service

Name of Poster
postmaster 
Contact #
E-mail address of Post Master.

PS: Please do not reply to this message as this email address is not monitored for responses.  Your privacy is important to us.  If you would like additional information on our privacy policy, please visit www.usps.com.

I also contacted the Post Master's email and phone (Ring, no answer) that was listed.

I also did a mail search request online on USPS resulting in:

Dear First Last name,

Thank you for using USPS.com.

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Items that meet the US Postal Service's® search guidelines will be searched for, and if found, forwarded to the address you provided.

Search Request Details:
Request Date: 08/24/2018
Reference: Search ID #XXXX
Tracking Number: XXXX

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for using the U.S. Postal Service®.

I also submitted a Service Request online to re-send the EAD with this response:

Thank you for your request: 
USCIS will review and process the request
Expect a reply by September 14, 2018
Your request ID number is SRXXXX.

USCIS mailed on 8/13/18.

First ever EAD was sent based on pending AOS C9 category which was approved for 1 year on 8/8/18.
RD: 10/4/17 for I-765/I-485 and Supplement A.

All others documents sent from USCIS have successfully delivered to my address in a timely manner in the past.
Edited by Visitor User

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, SamSam85 said:

Had the interview in San Antonio on August 23. Card produced same day. Good luck to you. I will be away from immigration forums for some time.

What questions did they ask?

Documents they wanted to see?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mica711 said:

Great news from me today guys. 

I had my AOS interview this morning at 6:45am in the Los Angeles (SFV) field office. Background info: Went without my husband as he’s deployed. 

Arrived at 6:15 and there were already about 5 people waiting there. By 6:25 they let us in the bldg and after the metal detector we were in this large room and everyone dropped off their notices at a window. About about 6:50 or so I was called to go in. (Side note but I was surprised that the officers are just people in regular office wear. For some reason I imagined them to wear TSA type uniform and to be led into an interrogation room LOL. The interview was done in the officer’s office with his desk/cubicle). When I saw two large folders of the case files we submitted almost a year ago and our ID photo on his desk it made me feel kind of nostalgic lol. The officer also never smiled but he was kind. 

I was definitely over prepared and he didn’t even ask to see half of the stuff I brought (like birth certificate etc). I was only asked about 10 or less questions. First was of course “why is your husband not here” so I presented his orders. He then asked to see all IDs i have (EAD, passport, drivers license, military ID) and to see medical. He then asked “how did you meet your husband” and to see proof of us living together, starting with last years tax return. I gave him the tax return, lease and joint bank account statement. “Would you like to submit any proof of relationship”. I showed him about 30-40 photos of our wedding and 3 vacation photos. I was surprised to see he actually went through all wedding photos lol. Then he asked to see our marriage certificate, and asked what I do for a living. 

Most of the time he was typing on the computer or writing things down and not speaking a word. He then said “on my side everything looks good. I just have to ask my supervisor to approve bc your husband wasn’t able to attend.” I asked for clarification if that meant that I was approved, but he said it was up to the supervisor and I will be receiving something in the mail in 1-2 weeks. He then took copies of all photos and my IDs once we left his office (I’m assuming to show to his supervisor). When I was leaving he said congratulations and send me on my way. I was out of the bldg by 7:20. 

At around 8:30 I already had the notification on my phone that my case had updated and it moved to “new card is being produced”. Yay!! 

Good luck to everyone it’s been great having your support and I know your interviews are happening soon too. I wish you all the best!!

Congratulations !!!

On 8/20/2018 at 1:25 PM, cepero1988 said:

I called USCIS about an action taken on my case on March 15. (I know that for the automatic emails I receive every two weeks or so).

They told me that it was that they had scheduled my interview since that time. I told them that I never received any letter or notification. I opened an SR.

People I am right now very nervous about this. Please if any of you had the same experience, it would help me to know.

I am very worried I missed that interview because I had no notification.

Thanks.

That’s so sad to hear, can you kindly let me know what did you do, how did you find out you receive an interview did you call them directly , what number . Pls kindly share and so I can do it and keep you posted as well my journey . Thank you 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Hello guys I filed my papers October 31st and up to now no update or anything regarding my status . I received employment card around February and since then no update anyone from October still waiting for Interview . Any advice?thank you so much 

I filled on 23 October got EAD in January. Interview was scheduled on 21 August. Interview went well but no update on result of interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.