Netta

CR1 and K3

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Feeling a little confused. I'm a USC. On April 12 I filed a i130  petition for my husband, after receiving NOA1,  I filed a i129F/K3  May 1st for him to be able to come to the United States while waiting on the  CR1 process. On Saturday September 30th I received a text and email from the USCIS saying my case for the i129F/K3 was closed because benefits or status was received through other means. But when I checked the case number for the i130 is says case was received. We're still waiting for the NOA2 and did not receive any benefits. 

Edited by Netta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The K3 is obsolete. They very rarely process those anymore. Unfortunately the non USC spouse has to wait the process abroad.

Some people are able to get a tourist visa to visit their USC spouse. But if the person doesn't already have one it can be hard to prove ties to their home country and be approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Netta said:

I've been reading a lot about that and I understand they usually ignore or if the i130 is approved they close the case for the i129F. But I'm confused by the fact that they said benefits was received through other means but or i130 is still in received status. 

Hello Netta, I did the same as you: I filed an I-130 and since there was no cost, followed it up with an I-129/K3. I also received the notice saying that the I129F was closed because a benefit was received by other means. That benefit IS the I-130. So your I-130 has been approved. It takes a few days to get the NOA2 and for the USCIS status to update. The I-129 closure notice comes first. I bet you'll see your NOA2 some time this week. Congrats.

Edited by Aburashid

The website doesn't always update. I know someone whose I-130 still showed as being 'received' even after having his interview, getting his visa and starting his new life here in the US. It never changed from 'received'. Don't rely on the technology :)

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, Netta said:

I've been reading a lot about that and I understand they usually ignore or if the i130 is approved they close the case for the i129F. But I'm confused by the fact that they said benefits was received through other means but or i130 is still in received status. 

NVC has been administratively closing approved I-129F petitions for a spouse since 2010.  USCIS finally stopped processing them fairly recently.  Forget about the K3.  It hasn't been actually available since 2/1/2010.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
10 hours ago, Netta said:

Feeling a little confused. I'm a USC. On April 12 I filed a i130  petition for my husband, after receiving NOA1,  I filed a i129F/K3  May 1st for him to be able to come to the United States while waiting on the  CR1 process. On Saturday September 30th I received a text and email from the USCIS saying my case for the i129F/K3 was closed because benefits or status was received through other means. But when I checked the case number for the i130 is says case was received. We're still waiting for the NOA2 and did not receive any benefits. 

Hey!  That sounds like good news is coming for you.  I did the same thing and my K3 petition was closed and a couple of days later I received notification that on the same day the K3 was closed my I-130 was approved.  Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
9 hours ago, Netta said:

Hi everyone just an update. This morning I spoke with a tier 2 officer who informed me that our I130 was approved yesterday 10/05/17. And due to Monday being a holiday I will receive NOA2 by end of next week.  Immediately after getting off the phone with her I got 8 back to back text messages and 1 email about our K3.👇🏾I129F, PETITION:On October 6, 2017, we mailed you a notice for Receipt Number YSC**********, terminating your status. The notice explains the reasons for our action. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by November 5, 2017. K3 went from closed to terminated. 

Congratulations on getting the I-130 approved!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.