13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband interview was today in New Delhi and after the 10 questions the officer asked to my husband and ask for photos he give all to her and the papers he was asking to sit and wait haft hour later she came with a paper said they can't give him the visa cuz is missing a document .... he was in London U.K. For few years they want the police certificate from there which I send one from London and India but they said to my husband they don't have it ... I'm trying to get another police certificate....but I'm afraid that they will not give the visa to someone who guides me, please....we was waiting for 1 year and 4 month . Thank ..

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

what is ur question? Did they keep his passport? Did they give him a letter?

Secondly they said they don't have UK PCC.. that's is not a new thing. Embassy and NVC and other governmental agency are known to lose the documents. Get a New PCC from UK and submit it. Post that you should be good.

P.S:  Be detailed in question and be straightforward if you want detailed swift and honest reply to your questions

Timeline

I know I'm so sorry ... they give him back his passport and the letter my question is 

When returning the passport does that mean that they were denied the visa? 

Thank you bunny&nijan

Timeline

Hello !! Guys 

I'm confuse cuz she told to my husband that we don't send the pcc from London and we did...... my husband was checking all the paper and between the paper was the pcc from London and she told him we never send it ...and she give him this cover sheet too what is the red dot means?..... thank both 

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove attachement containing full name.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You put the cover sheet with the document they asked for and send it to the embassy. Then you wait. 

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Monal said:

Hello !! Guys 

I'm confuse cuz she told to my husband that we don't send the pcc from London and we did...... my husband was checking all the paper and between the paper was the pcc from London and she told him we never send it ...and she give him this cover sheet too what is the red dot means?..... thank both 

Just follow the instructions, send them a copy of the PPC they have (obviously) misplaced and put the cover letter as noted -- make sure it goes to the address they have listed. Once they receive it, they will contact you again. 

You might also want to track your status online, but that is not necessary.

Question, did your husband bring a copy of his PPCs to the interview? I gather not, since he has received the dreaded 221G. :( 

Anyhow, what is done is done, but going forward try having copies of all important things when going to the Embassy.

By the way, they lost our marriage certificate after they requested it via an RFE -- I had copies of everything so I handed one to the VO during my husband's interview (which I attended).

Anything is possible when it comes to paperwork being misplaced by USCIS or NVC. Best to have copies of these vital paperwork (birth certificate, marriage certificate, PCC, divorce decree etc.) with you.

Lastly, the sooner you send the needed document/s as per the instructions on the letter, the sooner your husband will receive his visa, so do not wait ok!  :whistle:

Best of luck! 

P.S: Edited to add that the red dot might be an internal thing, but is not something that really makes or breaks a case...nor one that you should stress yourself about. Just send the missing docs and you should be good to go! :thumbs:

Edited by amul

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

To prevent loss of documents that sit on a desk and get seperated from a case, label the new ones in the upper right hand corner with case #, both names, and both DOB's

immigration uses case #'s to open your files 

Did you keep a record (copy) of documents sent to immigraiton / ?  You should have copies of all documents / i have a file of all mine / i figure to not throw any away until he has his citzenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.