13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got a RFE 12 days after I originally sent my i129f, and it's now been exactly 10 days since I sent my petition back to USCIS. I read that you should recieve a NOA within 10-14 days after sending it. Should I worry about this or is this normal? 

Is this CSC? I think they have a lot of petitions to handle presently with insufficient manpower. It's taking longer to get a NOA2 these days so I think there would probably be some delay too upon their receipt of your RFE response. Maybe call the customer service?

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

@KULtoATL I sent mine to the Dallas P.O Box. That could be true. Also, I was thinking it could be due to the labour day weekend, and I'm sure they would have all had the weekend off, so it could be pushed a few days. What do you think? 

Just now, kenmal97 said:

@KULtoATL I sent mine to the Dallas P.O Box. That could be true. Also, I was thinking it could be due to the labour day weekend, and I'm sure they would have all had the weekend off, so it could be pushed a few days. What do you think? 

Yes, holiday weekend plus Harvey! So that's gonna add on a little more time :(

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline

@KULtoATL that's right! I worry and worry. Thank you for your feedback. Let's hope it gets back to me soon! I wasn't aware you could get ahold of them by customer service, so thank you for informing me on that :)

Timeline

@Morty I think it's NOA1? I did some research and I've read you get sent a hard copy telling you your case has been received and reviewed, 10-14 days after sending the petition 

8 minutes ago, kenmal97 said:

@KULtoATL that's right! I worry and worry. Thank you for your feedback. Let's hope it gets back to me soon! I wasn't aware you could get ahold of them by customer service, so thank you for informing me on that :)

Yes, you can call the USCIS CS hotline: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us

But frankly, you might wanna wait another week or so. Even if you call now, they'll probably answer you with common CS scripts, which wouldn't give you much of an answer. 

1 minute ago, kenmal97 said:

@Morty I think it's NOA1? I did some research and I've read you get sent a hard copy telling you your case has been received and reviewed, 10-14 days after sending the petition 

NOA1 is their acknowledgment of receipt when they get your petition initially. NOA2 is approval notice after they have adjudicated your petition. Since you've gotten a RFE and responded to it, now you're waiting for NOA2 or a denial.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kenmal97 said:

Have you tried checking on the website to see what the status says?

Its weird to get an RFE and not an NOA1, NOA1 is just stating that they've received it, and obviously since you've received an RFE, they've received it and have looked at it.

Timeline

@Morty @KULtoATL I will definitely wait another week or so. I didn't realize I was now waiting for the actual acceptance of it, I thought I'd still get a NOA1 even though I got an RFE. My petition got denied at first for an outdated form, and I believe @KULtoATLhelped me solve that :)@Morty I haven't tried the website but I will look into it. Thank you 

You didn't get an rfe - your first application was rejected not denied - that means you had to resend the same application.

An rfe is a request for further evidence that you get AFTER its been accepted. You are still waiting on your NOA1 (acceptance receipt, Form i797c) it's only been 10 days, you have nothing to worry about. It can take even up to 30 days. 10-14 is just an average estimate. I'm sure you'll get it soon.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

*** Zombie thread locked.

VJ Moderation 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.