methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Dadara said:

Went to INFOPASS today and was told that my case was still in process and NY i-751 filers are waiting up to 3 years...

Gave me a 551 stamp on my passport and told me to keep waiting without worrying too much or file N-400 directly.

I would recommend you to call USCIS 800 # and speak to a tier 2 officer and ask where your case is as well as the status..

1 hour ago, holidaywkhcx said:

I would recommend you to call USCIS 800 # and speak to a tier 2 officer and ask where your case is as well as the status..

My case is still in Vermont. The INFOPASS officer confirmed that.

I will go for the N-400 path. I will eventually become USC anyways...lol

Thanks for your advice though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dadara said:

My case is still in Vermont. The INFOPASS officer confirmed that.

I will go for the N-400 path. I will eventually become USC anyways...lol

Thanks for your advice though!

Aren’t a lot of September 2017 filers have already got their approvals?  Did you ask why is there such a delay? Like security checks etc.

Hi everyone just wanted to let you know my timeline.

September 21st, 2017 we filed our paperwork.

March 4th, 2018 case was transferred to local office.

December 27th, 2018 we were sent an RFE (ugh)

March 18th, 2019 our lawyer filed our RFE response for us.

Today, March 26th, 2019, my card is in the mail. 

So glad to be done with this process, yippee! Probably apply for citizenship in the next year. 

Stay positive anyone who is still waiting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A noncontributory post has been removed.  Further attempted derailments risk stronger administrative action.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Finally CARD IN HaNd! Wow! After an rfe and so much delay before that...!!!! We made sure we gathered enough and then some for the rfe! This is done now for ten years? Do we have to file yet again for another card after ten years ?!?! 

Noa1: Feb 12, 2014ARN: Feb 19, 2014Noa2: July 15, 2014NVC: July 22, 2014Left NVC: July 29, 2014CONSULATE: July 31, 2014PACKET 4: Aug 25, 2014INTERVIEW: Sept 18, 2014 APPROVED!!!!!!!US ENTRY: Oct 10,2014MARRIAGE: Nov 7,2014

AOS: Feb filersSent AOS packet via FedEx : Feb 13, 2015FedEx confirmed delivery: Feb 17, 2015Texts & Emails confirming receipt: Feb 20, 2015Check cashed: Feb 20, 2015NOA 1:received Feb 26, 2015 dated Feb 19, 2015Biometrics letter received: Feb 27, 2015Biometrics appt: Mar 12, 2015EAD Approved: Apr 24, 2015

AP Approved: Apr 24, 2015

Combo Card to Be Mailed:Combo Card Received: early MayInterview : waiver letter received :clock:Sept 15: APPROVED status online changed to "On September 15, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice." Welcome Letter received:Sept 21,2015!!!!!!

Green Card received: Sept 2015

ROC received in Vermont: Sept 1, 2017

ROC/Biometrics checks cashed: Sept 6, 2017

NOA1 received : 

24 minutes ago, Mrs.InLOve said:

Finally CARD IN HaNd! Wow! After an rfe and so much delay before that...!!!! We made sure we gathered enough and then some for the rfe! This is done now for ten years? Do we have to file yet again for another card after ten years ?!?! 

Congratulations!

How long it took them to approve you after sending out the RFE response?

Timeline

1 hour ago, Mrs.InLOve said:

If you choose not to become a US citizen, you will only file to renew your 10-year green card using Form I-90.  No evidence needed as long as you maintain your US residency with no criminal record.

Edited by GBOS

I had my combo interview yesterday at West Palm Beach, Florida. IO was very friendly. At the beginning of the interview IO told me she can't approve my N-400 today because my i-751 is pending at California office and she doesn't have access to that office. If I pass the interview then she will sent instruction to California to adjust my i-751 and once my i-751 adjusted, I will get my oath letter within a month.
Then she asked very simple question about our marriage, look at the some pictures and new papers. Then she started civic and English test - ask only three civic questions, told me to read and write one sentence. After that she handed me N-652 (Naturalization Interview Result) with checked two options - 1) You Passed the test of English and US History and Government. 2) A decision cannot  yet be made about your application.  
I was expecting a direct approval, don't know how long I have to wait :(

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Nepo Cat said:

I had my combo interview yesterday at West Palm Beach, Florida. IO was very friendly. At the beginning of the interview IO told me she can't approve my N-400 today because my i-751 is pending at California office and she doesn't have access to that office. If I pass the interview then she will sent instruction to California to adjust my i-751 and once my i-751 adjusted, I will get my oath letter within a month.
Then she asked very simple question about our marriage, look at the some pictures and new papers. Then she started civic and English test - ask only three civic questions, told me to read and write one sentence. After that she handed me N-652 (Naturalization Interview Result) with checked two options - 1) You Passed the test of English and US History and Government. 2) A decision cannot  yet be made about your application.  
I was expecting a direct approval, don't know how long I have to wait :(

Would you mind sharing with us your filing dates (receipt dates) for your I-751 and N-400?

12 minutes ago, GBOS said:

Would you mind sharing with us your filing dates (receipt dates) for your I-751 and N-400?

-751 NOA1 - 09/17/2017
N-400 NOA1- 09/12/2018

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nepo Cat said:

-751 NOA1 - 09/17/2017
N-400 NOA1- 09/12/2018

Thank you, @Nepo Cat.

So 6 months for West Palm Beach, that is pretty fast for a citizenship processing.

I find it interesting that your I-751 was not requested and/or transferred.  Hopefully CSC moves it along.  Good luck.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Nepo Cat said:

Just change my I-751 status to New Card is being Produced. :D
My case was transferred to NBC on December 2018. 

Then you are not an anomaly.  A pending I-751 is supposed to be transferred to NBC, if N-400 is filed by the applicant.  What happened actually is that your I-751 is probably at West Palm Beach and your office does not know it (that is not unusual for USCIS).  They found it and approved it today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.