4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Aug 7 14 and 21 are big, guess because Mondays. I wonder if they check the lockbox in the morning on Friday and all the petitions that come in on Friday and Saturday and Monday morning are all in the lockbox thus making those days with a lot of petitions.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Billandlhay said:

Agree.. August 8 here too.. still waiting in vain 😣

Feels like my case will be one of those that end up going 240 days 😂😒 im inpatient at this point 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello to all August filers. We’re August 14 filers and are just now getting involved in the forum after having read all postings very closely.

I have a question for @Naes regarding the privacy issues in including WAC numbers: Did VJ legal team advise that you can not include WAC numbers in Scan Postings on VJ or has that been your self-imposed practice to protect VJ members’ privacy?

I ask this because, although there may be a privacy issue with the disclosure of personal information within a petition, case numbers are generally public information. That said, because of my very limited time on VJ, I am not privy to any VJ members expressing concern with their WACs being included in Scan Postings.  I am interested in your input regarding recontinuing the inclusion of WACs in Scan Postings going forward.

Thanks for reading!

Jason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
56 minutes ago, blenheim said:

I called USCIS just now for the hell of it since I've never called before, mostly wanted to see if they could tell me if my case was assigned or not yet, and was told the usual by a kind woman that they haven't touched a case after June 27th yet and they haven't looked at August 😂 So thankful I have this forum to be less in the dark.

I was told the same thing....That they were working on June and that August would not be touched for another 2 months! I got so sad about that then came on the forum an saw that people were actually getting August approvals. Ughhh not sure why they would say that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jason32903 said:

Hello to all August filers. We’re August 14 filers and are just now getting involved in the forum after having read all postings very closely.

I have a question for @Naes regarding the privacy issues in including WAC numbers: Did VJ legal team advise that you can not include WAC numbers in Scan Postings on VJ or has that been your self-imposed practice to protect VJ members’ privacy?

I ask this because, although there may be a privacy issue with the disclosure of personal information within a petition, case numbers are generally public information. That said, because of my very limited time on VJ, I am not privy to any VJ members expressing concern with their WACs being included in Scan Postings.  I am interested in your input regarding recontinuing the inclusion of WACs in Scan Postings going forward.

Thanks for reading!

Jason

@Naes

@JSCGPV

7 minutes ago, gomes + MF said:

Where do I check when were the last approved Filers in August?

I'm NOA1 on Aug 8th.. just trying to get a sense on how things are moving and what day of august they are already processing.

You might want to check page 149. There was a full day scan posted by amazing @Naes that shows the dates being touched as of yesterday. :)

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Jason32903 said:

Thanks for reading!

Jason

21 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Although it didn't happen too me at the start, but in earlier months, many posts containing WAC numbers were deleted. The members were warned by VJ moderators that we are Not to post WAC numbers due to Terms of Service (TOS) and privacy issues.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 minute ago, JSCGPV said:

Although it didn't happen too me at the start, but in earlier months, many posts containing WAC numbers were deleted. The members were warned by VJ moderators that we are Not to post WAC numbers due to Terms of Service (TOS) and privacy issues.

I read the TOS again in closer detail, although, as yet, have not contacted VJ legal counsel directly on the matter. With all due respect for our wonderful moderators, I see nothing in the TOS that would prohibit under its terms or current law the disclosure of WACs. Remember that Moderators are members of VJ, not employees. If a moderator made a decision without consulting VJ legal and that decision is wrong, based on the TOS, this decision is reversible.

There is language in the TOS that states:

if a member disagrees with a Moderators use of these "moderation" abilities they may contact VisaJourney and request that the Moderators actions be reviewed. The final decision on whether to reverse or alter a Moderator's action(s) will be decided at the sole discretion of VisaJourney.

My initial thought is this: If USCIS did not want the WACs disclosed publicly they would not include them in publicly-accessible data (of course, USCIS terms also apply). But again, there is no specific language in the TOS that prohibits posting WAC numbers.

The only issue that many VJers have with the Scan Postings currently is that it is generally hard to decipher which cases surrounding their own are being touched and how to anticipate their approvals.

I will dig deeper if necessary to confirm.

Jason

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.