Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, vajaster said:

Guys I have a question - do you mail COPY'S of documents or the ORIGINALS?

(For example: tax transcript, bank statements, etc.)

Copies! Don't send originals, you might never see those again...

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

11 minutes ago, jfgk1987 said:

Hey I remember you from the January 2014 K-1 filers!

Our package was just accepted at VSC this morning so we're August filers too :) 

Hey, nice to see you again here. 

Good luck with the process. Hope it's not gonna take years, lol. Now as I heard both centers processing same long. I can't wait to hear from them and get biometrics appt done:)

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jfgk1987 said:

Copies! Don't send originals, you might never see those again...

Are you sure? I thought both tax transcripts and affidavits had to be in original form.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened....08/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/23/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/25/17
NOA1 Mailed......................08/30/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................08/31/17
Biometrics Mailed...............09/20/17
Biometrics Received..........09/22/17
Biometrics Appointment.....10/03/17
Approved............................09/24/18

N400 Timeline

90 Day Window Opens...........08/22/18

N-400 Filed (Online)...............08/23/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/24/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/31/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/21/18

In Line For Interview.............05/23/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............05/24/19

Interview................................07/01/19

Oath.......................................07/17/19

Timeline
18 hours ago, cantofla said:

It will. I'm really not worried, and I don't plan on traveling out of the country so I could care less lol. I already am building up the file for the N-400.

What part of Canada are you from?

You should be fine even if you plan to travel outside the US. Just bring your extension letter and expired green card with you. 

ROC Timeline

N400 Timeline

Timeline
5 minutes ago, K & V said:

Are you sure? I thought both tax transcripts and affidavits had to be in original form.

As per pages 5-6 from the I-751 Instructions;

Evidence of the Relationship Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in “good faith” and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended. The documents should include, but are not limited to, the following examples:

1. Birth certificates of children born during the time of this marriage, if any;

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence;

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts with transaction history, complete joint Federal and State tax returns, insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, or joint installment or other loans. If applicable, submit copies of military Leave and Earnings Statements showing receipt of Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) with family members and/or Form DD-1172 for military family member identification cards;

4. Other documents that you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered for the purpose of evading U.S. immigration laws; and

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above

One thing they ask for originals is if you have a criminal record.

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Timeline
7 minutes ago, jfgk1987 said:

As per pages 5-6 from the I-751 Instructions;

Evidence of the Relationship Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in “good faith” and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended. The documents should include, but are not limited to, the following examples:

1. Birth certificates of children born during the time of this marriage, if any;

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence;

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts with transaction history, complete joint Federal and State tax returns, insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, or joint installment or other loans. If applicable, submit copies of military Leave and Earnings Statements showing receipt of Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) with family members and/or Form DD-1172 for military family member identification cards;

4. Other documents that you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered for the purpose of evading U.S. immigration laws; and

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above

Ok, thanks! 

ROC Timeline

N400 Timeline

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K & V said:

Ok, thanks! 

I take that back; in the middle of #5

Sorry! So you need originals of the affidavits but make copies to keep for yourself. I personally didn't send any affidavits because I had a mountain of other stuff so I never bothered to read it until just now.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

1 hour ago, piyush31 said:

Haha. Yeah, I will start preparing for Naturalization soon. I am from Toronto. How about you?

Toronto as well, born and raised! From near Leslie and Sheppard intersection in North York. Been living in the US for a long time though, just shy of 17 years this December.

1 hour ago, vajaster said:

Guys I have a question - do you mail COPY'S of documents or the ORIGINALS?

(For example: tax transcript, bank statements, etc.)

Copies! Never send originals unless they're specifically requested by USCIS. The tax transcripts I did actually send the originals, because, they are easily retrieved. I requested two sets from the IRS. I kept one set, mailed off the other set. But every other type of proof, only send copies.

The only exception to that rule was our marriage certificate. I made sure to get a certified copy of that.

- Removal of Conditions Timeline -

07/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

08/01/17 - Package delivered to CSC

08/05/17 - NOA1 received by US mail

08/10/18 - Rec'd new NOA1 with 18 month extension instead of 12 months

10/15/18 - Case transferred to Nebraska

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Remember this is the type of evidence you can submit. Affidavits are not mandatory and to be honest not really relevant. (Who is going to not get a favorable one written?)

ROC Timeline

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, cantofla said:

Toronto as well, born and raised! From near Leslie and Sheppard intersection in North York. Been living in the US for a long time though, just shy of 17 years this December.

I lived near Victoria Park and Sheppard intersection. wow! For me, it's only been a lil over 2 years in the states. 

7/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to Vermont Service Center

8/2/17 - Package received by VSC

8/3/17 - NOA

7 minutes ago, piyush31 said:

I lived near Victoria Park and Sheppard intersection. wow! For me, it's only been a lil over 2 years in the states. 

Victoria Park and Sheppard.... Let me think.... Thats where the food basics is and there is a coffee time and CIBC bank I think.. My grandmother used to take me there with the bus when I was a little kid. And we'd go up to the walmart a little further up in Agincourt.

Good memories. I used to be so good about going back to visit every 3-4 months. Now I'm lucky if I make it there once a year

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, cantofla said:

Victoria Park and Sheppard.... Let me think.... Thats where the food basics is and there is a coffee time and CIBC bank I think.. My grandmother used to take me there with the bus when I was a little kid. And we'd go up to the walmart a little further up in Agincourt.

Good memories. I used to be so good about going back to visit every 3-4 months. Now I'm lucky if I make it there once a year

yup thats the place. :)

Coffee time closed down and now there is another place called Eggsmart. Same here, last year I think I went three times but none for this year.. I miss Toronto.. 

7/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to Vermont Service Center

8/2/17 - Package received by VSC

8/3/17 - NOA

On 7/20/2017 at 6:19 AM, DaveNot said:

Yes applying for naturalization come January pending or not my I751

January? Isn't that too early?

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

1 hour ago, piyush31 said:

yup thats the place. :)

Coffee time closed down and now there is another place called Eggsmart. Same here, last year I think I went three times but none for this year.. I miss Toronto.. 

Really? I didn't realize coffee time closed down. I know that they built a bunch of condos Consumers rd.. Near the 404 and fairview.. There is always a new building when I go back to visit haha.

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.