Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My Package was delivered today!  :D 

Does anyone know, recently how many days it takes to receive NOA1 in mail? 

- Removal of Conditions Timeline -

7/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to Vermont Service Center

8/2/17 - Package received by VSC

8/3/17 - NOA

Timeline
19 hours ago, cantofla said:

Really? I didn't realize coffee time closed down. I know that they built a bunch of condos Consumers rd.. Near the 404 and fairview.. There is always a new building when I go back to visit haha.

yeah and some more across the don mills station. 

8/3/17 - NOA

Timeline
19 hours ago, cantofla said:

Really? I didn't realize coffee time closed down. I know that they built a bunch of condos Consumers rd.. Near the 404 and fairview.. There is always a new building when I go back to visit haha.

Do you know how to update the signature portion so it shows all the dates / entries ? 

Edited by piyush31

8/3/17 - NOA

2 hours ago, piyush31 said:

My Package was delivered today!  :D 

Does anyone know, recently how many days it takes to receive NOA1 in mail? 

Congrats, mine was delivered as well. Now lets keep each other updated when NOA1 will come:)

Should be by Monday I believe, or next week for sure, as I've seen other people posted before...

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Timeline
1 hour ago, Inna&Chris said:

Congrats, mine was delivered as well. Now lets keep each other updated when NOA1 will come:)

Should be by Monday I believe, or next week for sure, as I've seen other people posted before...

Sounds good! Hopefully the check should be cashed monday / tuesday. 

How do they send out the NOA 1 ? Do they verify that the applicant has filled the application correctly and have submitted all the required documents and then issue NOA 1 or just check the cash and issue NOA 1?

8/3/17 - NOA

7 minutes ago, piyush31 said:

Sounds good! Hopefully the check should be cashed monday / tuesday. 

How do they send out the NOA 1 ? Do they verify that the applicant has filled the application correctly and have submitted all the required documents and then issue NOA 1 or just check the cash and issue NOA 1?

The NOA1 is sent by mail and its on the (what I like to call pretty paper). Its not on a regular white paper that says it doesnt grant any immigration status or benefits. It's on the official, thick paper with the watermarks.

They verify that you have a complete petition first, you are in the 90 day period, and then they process payment, then issue your NOA1.

1 hour ago, Inna&Chris said:

YAY - Mine was delivered also. Anxiously awaiting the NOA/ finger prints now.

3 hours ago, piyush31 said:

Do you know how to update the signature portion so it shows all the dates / entries ? 

Yes. Go to the top right hand corner. Click on your user name. Then:  Settings> Signature (left side)

07/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

08/01/17 - Package delivered to CSC

08/05/17 - NOA1 received by US mail

08/10/18 - Rec'd new NOA1 with 18 month extension instead of 12 months

10/15/18 - Case transferred to Nebraska

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, cantofla said:

Yay! Mine was delivered yesterday! *anxiously waits for check to be cashed*

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Timeline
2 minutes ago, cantofla said:

The NOA1 is sent by mail and its on the (what I like to call pretty paper). Its not on a regular white paper that says it doesnt grant any immigration status or benefits. It's on the official, thick paper with the watermarks.

They verify that you have a complete petition first, you are in the 90 day period, and then they process payment, then issue your NOA1.

Yes. Go to the top right hand corner. Click on your user name. Then:  Settings> Signature (left side)

Thanks! :)

8/3/17 - NOA

4 minutes ago, jfgk1987 said:

Yay! Mine was delivered yesterday! *anxiously waits for check to be cashed*

See I will never know when that happens. For both my green card and for the removal of conditions I went to my bank and got a cashier's check... Make it look more official lol

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Also - I hate to sound ungrateful now.. But I can't believe that ROCs used to take 6-8 months last year and now they're taking over 12 months.. Not that I have any plans or anything, but its just annoying having to wait so long. I'm lucky in FL they issue 8 year drivers licenses even to conditional green card holders. I know other states don't.

I really wish they would do something to address that, as that is an unreasonably long time to wait. And you can't put the blame on a new administration coming in. Because everyone removing conditions now now received their initial green card in the summer-fall of 2015, well before the election

May be that they are overworked and understaffed. I would rather pay higher fees (even significantly higher) and have applications return to their normal 6-8 months processing time frame.

#Rantover

Edited by cantofla

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, cantofla said:

See I will never know when that happens. For both my green card and for the removal of conditions I went to my bank and got a cashier's check... Make it look more official lol

1. I'm far too lazy for that; since it wasn't an absolute requirement I wasn't going out of my way 

2. The check has both of our names on it!

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

42 minutes ago, cantofla said:

Also - I hate to sound ungrateful now.. But I can't believe that ROCs used to take 6-8 months last year and now they're taking over 12 months.. Not that I have any plans or anything, but its just annoying having to wait so long. I'm lucky in FL they issue 8 year drivers licenses even to conditional green card holders. I know other states don't.

I really wish they would do something to address that, as that is an unreasonably long time to wait. And you can't put the blame on a new administration coming in. Because everyone removing conditions now now received their initial green card in the summer-fall of 2015, well before the election

May be that they are overworked and understaffed. I would rather pay higher fees (even significantly higher) and have applications return to their normal 6-8 months processing time frame.

#Rantover

Totally agree with you. It was way much faster especially in CSC than it is now, have to pray it will not get even worse. No plans for me either, but still hate waiting forever not knowing how long it's gonna take. I noticed we both filled same day and same service center, I'm in FL too.

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

48 minutes ago, Inna&Chris said:

Totally agree with you. It was way much faster especially in CSC than it is now, have to pray it will not get even worse. No plans for me either, but still hate waiting forever not knowing how long it's gonna take. I noticed we both filled same day and same service center, I'm in FL too.

Yeah - the package was received today.

Lets hope they move back to the way they used to be. Cause what's gonna happen with all these people who file their N-400 while their I-751 is still pending? Will naturalization be significantly backlogged too? There are a lot of unknowns. So hopefully they will address the timing issue.

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

I am trying to understand this new bill for "immigration reform" and the point system they are trying to create better.  I am told that this bill, if it becomes a law, will not affect people who are trying to obtain the immigration benefits based on marriage, but some people are disagreeing with that... and are saying that it will affect everyone including people who are applying for green cards for their spouses.

If this bill is passed, and it becomes the law of the land, will this new law affect the removal of conditions process of a 2-year conditional green card to become a 10-year permanent green card for someone who is married to a us citizen and has currently a conditional 2-years green card?  Will it affect obtaining the citizenship after completing the 3 years of having a green card?

Thanks everyone!

9 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

I am trying to understand this new bill for "immigration reform" and the point system they are trying to create better.  I am told that this bill, if it becomes a law, will not affect people who are trying to obtain the immigration benefits based on marriage, but some people are disagreeing with that... and are saying that it will affect everyone including people who are applying for green cards for their spouses.

If this bill is passed, and it becomes the law of the land, will this new law affect the removal of conditions process of a 2-year conditional green card to become a 10-year permanent green card for someone who is married to a us citizen and has currently a conditional 2-years green card?  Will it affect obtaining the citizenship after completing the 3 years of having a green card?

Thanks everyone!

I don't think it will affect visas for spouses, as that takes freedom of marrying the person you love, however from what I can make out and I might be wrong, is that it will limit the amount of family members the subsequent spouse can petition for to come over. I think they will be allowed to sponsor parents and minor children, but not the extended family including  their children over 21.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.