38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I would like to ask if anyone know the process on how to cancel an old k1 visa petition at the embassy level? The old petitioner signed a withdrawal letter, scanned and emailed it to me. We broke up during the process and it was a year ago. Currently, my new k1 visa petition is still at the embassy. Unfortunately i got denied due to multiple petitions active but we are asking now for a review. Also how to submit additional documents? Has anyone know the process on requesting for a review for final evaluation before they will forward it to uscis? 

Edited by Mia2018
More details

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is this just your second?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Mia2018 said:

Hi everyone. I would like to ask if anyone know the process on how to cancel an old k1 visa petition at the embassy level? The old petitioner signed a withdrawal letter, scanned and emailed it to me. We broke up during the process and it was a year ago. Currently, my new k1 visa petition is still at the embassy. Unfortunately i got denied due to multiple petitions active but we are asking now for a review. Also how to submit additional documents? Has anyone know the process on requesting for a review for final evaluation before they will forward it to uscis? 

WHEN YOUR OLD PETITIONER SENTYOU THE LETTER?, IF IT WAS NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY,

BUT IF HE SENT YOU THE LETTER MONTHS GO YOU SHOULD SEND  THAT LETTER TO THE EMBASSY AND THEY SEND THE CASE BACK TO USCIS.

IN MY CASE MY EX FIANCE SENT A LETTER TO THE EMBASSY AND THE EMBASSY SENT THE CASE BACK TO USCIS, THEN MY NEW PETITIONER SENT OUR PETITION, NOW I AM WAITING MY NOA2.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Timeline
14 hours ago, f f said:

how long was it between the petitions. it may seem odd to uscis that you could fall out with one usc then fall in love with another so quickly that your willing to move to the us.

Its a year ago since i had my first k1 petition approved

13 hours ago, krisryan2016 said:

did they deny the petition during your interview at the embassy with your 2nd k1?

Yes they denied me due to multiple petitions active

Timeline
3 hours ago, Unidentified said:

I agree. Prepare to be asked about it at the interview. 

Is your caps lock button broken?

Well, they didn't 

4 hours ago, Unidentified said:

I agree. Prepare to be asked about it at the interview. 

Is your caps lock button broken?

The consulate officer didnt ask me a lot of questions only 5 questions. She was very easy on me. Unlike other applicants thats been grilled. And questions for almost 20 mins.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mia2018 said:

Well, they didn't 

The consulate officer didnt ask me a lot of questions only 5 questions. She was very easy on me. Unlike other applicants thats been grilled. And questions for almost 20 mins.

But you got denied? 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

But you got denied? 

Yes the consular officer said she cant approve me because i got 2 active petitions and she said she has to put a closure to the first petition and said all the work is on her.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mia2018 said:

Yes the consular officer said she cant approve me because i got 2 active petitions and she said she has to put a closure to the first petition and said all the work is on her.

So sounds like she's closing it for you.

Your wrote the she said "the work is on her".

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Shauneg said:

So sounds like she's closing it for you.

Your wrote the she said "the work is on her".

Yes thats what she said and told me i dont have to go to embassy again for an interview because they will just contact us and later on when i left embassy after the interview i was called back to the releasing window and the releasing officer handed over a piece of paper stating they cannot issue me a visa due to multiple petitions. And thats why im here looking for more information. 

Edited by Mia2018

6 hours ago, Mia2018 said:

The consulate officer didnt ask me a lot of questions only 5 questions. 

She didn't need to. She likely had already made up her mind before you arrived. 

Is this the right time scale? 12 months ago you were about to marry an American and move overseas. In 12 months you have split up, met someone else, decided to marry him, decided to move overseas for him and gone through the whole K-1 process again? That's fast, to say the least.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JFH said:

She didn't need to. She likely had already made up her mind before you arrived. 

Is this the right time scale? 12 months ago you were about to marry an American and move overseas. In 12 months you have split up, met someone else, decided to marry him, decided to move overseas for him and gone through the whole K-1 process again? That's fast, to say the least.

I agree. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.