R&OC

I-130 July 2017 filers

814 posts in this topic

Well...I woke up to a text today from a number I didn't know..then I saw it was from immigration and got excited, thinking we were approved today, but we got an RFE... :unsure: :/  It just bothers me knowing if I didn't miss including something in the first place, I could've woken up to an approval today instead. And I won't know what I'm missing until I get the actual RFE in the mail so I can't get started on sending out what they want..

Edited by ajw&bmw

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ajw&bmw said:

Well...I woke up to a text today from a number I didn't know..then I saw it was from immigration and got excited, thinking we were approved today, but we got an RFE... :unsure: :/  It just bothers me knowing if I didn't miss including something in the first place, I could've woken up to an approval today instead. And I won't know what I'm missing until I get the actual RFE in the mail so I can't get started on sending out what they want..

Just curious, what is your service center and priority date?

18 minutes ago, ajw&bmw said:

Sorry 😐 

but at least you know they’re processing your petition.... try to look at what you submitted and see if there’s anything missing. 

Did you submit with help from an attorney or on your own?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got NOA1 through California July 3rd, have there been any approvals update on approvals for early July filers? X

If the best things in life are free, why is a long distance relationship so expensive!?

3rd July 2017 - NOA1
14th February - RFE
24th April 2018 - NOA2
11th May 2018 - NVC received
xx/xx/xxxx - NVC Case Number # received
xx/xx/xxxx - Medical
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview 
xx/xx/xxxx - POE
xx/xx/xxxx - Married

We did it on our own. I think what is missing is our passport photos, which I realized we didn't include after we had already sent out the I-130, and we were told to wait for an RFE and not send anything until then because it could cause further issues. But I still can't send until I get the RFE in the mail so I can confirm what they need and where to send it. Thank you for your sampathies, I agree about being glad they're at least working on our case now, it was just disappointing to see an RFE in place of an approval

18 minutes ago, microdisney said:

Just curious, what is your service center and priority date?

Potomac service center, July 10th 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Algerianwife said:

Ive seen ppl get approved in 30 days before and one just got approved  3 months so it just depends on the officer and the center...  But at least we all know one day it will be approved and all this stress will be past tense and we can live our life with our loves.  

I got received my  approval today !!!   Priority date 7/25/17 approval date 12/28/17 NSC..

Excellent to hear!!! Congrats... This news gives hope that we can receive approvals at any point of the July PDs. Wishing you all the best in the next phase.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, ajw&bmw said:

I woke up this morning to seeing your message and my heart went out to you. I would go through the entire list of requirements and think about what information may have not been sufficient. It could even be something little that you thought was irrelevant at the time. I would start here and then prepare those documents in advance so that once your RFE arrives you can just drop it off in the mail the very same day. I wish you well on this. RFEs are awful news, so it seems.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, Algerianwife said:

I am so happy we received NAO2 today

Nebraska Center priority date 7.25.17..

approval date  12.28.17...  Mashallah... 

Alhamdulillah! Happy for you guys. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 11/7/2017 at 7:38 AM, LILI&FERRA said:

Us July Filers won’t probaly hear anything until december January 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

I hope that’s the case . I’m a July I-130 filer . I hope to hear something back before the month of February . my case is in Nebraska and like most situations I’ve read on VJ . Nebraska are way behind in processing . This has been the most stressful and prolonging experience  ever . I pray we all hear something soon ... 🙏❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Fade said:

Hello, am new to d thread am a july filer, Texas. Priority date 7th. Waiting for my NOA2. Glad to be part of u.

Saaame Priority Date and Service Center as you. :D

On 1/4/2018 at 4:36 PM, Algerianwife said:

Ive seen ppl get approved in 30 days before and one just got approved  3 months so it just depends on the officer and the center...  But at least we all know one day it will be approved and all this stress will be past tense and we can live our life with our loves.  

I got received my  approval today !!!   Priority date 7/25/17 approval date 12/28/17 NSC..

You still haven’t answered.......how did you get approved so fas when Nebraska is so behind?? Did you do expedite?? We wou,d like to know. Thank you

Timeline
20 hours ago, Fade said:

Hello, am new to d thread am a july filer, Texas. Priority date 7th. Waiting for my NOA2. Glad to be part of u.

Nice to see another July 7 PD filer! There are a couple of us in this group. I wish you both well in this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.