Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, miaqat2 said:

So it's Wednesday and still no interview date :( I'm not hopeful about this week even though it's my 4th week after CC 😭

I spoke with NVC yesterday and was told that August is now fully assigned and they will be moving onto September next week. I would recommend just enjoying the next week and not focusing on the interview date too much (as much as it is very difficult) and give them a call next week. If you call them next Friday, that takes us to the 28th and if you take a look at @JBMG spreadsheet, interviews in June started being handed out then for the first week in August. I think the call next Friday will be good news and you can expect an interview early September :) 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Feanix said:

I spoke with NVC yesterday and was told that August is now fully assigned and they will be moving onto September next week. I would recommend just enjoying the next week and not focusing on the interview date too much (as much as it is very difficult) and give them a call next week. If you call them next Friday, that takes us to the 28th and if you take a look at @JBMG spreadsheet, interviews in June started being handed out then for the first week in August. I think the call next Friday will be good news and you can expect an interview early September :) 

I mostly agree with you. I am in the 3rd week and don't have to much hope for August. However I have the feeling that someone may still get a chance to be interviewed in August depends on the Embassy for sure... I will give a  shot this Friday and see if I will be surprised! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, sulusum said:

I mostly agree with you. I am in the 3rd week and don't have to much hope for August. However I have the feeling that someone may still get a chance to be interviewed in August depends on the Embassy for sure... I will give a  shot this Friday and see if I will be surprised! 

Yes I'm sure some will still get August depending on how busy the embassy is, but in general will be September :) for example, other VJ's from my country who received interviews last Friday were only the second week of August so perhaps they still have dates for late August, but since I was told by NVC that they are gone, I am setting my sights on the first week of September. 

13 hours ago, miaqat2 said:

So it's Wednesday and still no interview date :( I'm not hopeful about this week even though it's my 4th week after CC 😭

I got a reply from Montreal consulate today basically telling me to wait for NVC to schedule my interview as they don't have my record yet :(. For someone with a spousal green card app, emailing Montreal had worked so I was hopeful.

What is most frustrating is not knowing when the interview will be, even if they could say that it won't be until October, at least then I could plan accordingly.

What seems odd is that nobody here on VJ, EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 has had an interview scheduled for some time. It is a small sample set but it just seems like the NVC has not scheduled any EB interviews for any country. My CC was June 13th and I haven't heard of a single EB interview scheduled since then.

Edited by enigma992

17 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

I got a reply from Montreal consulate today basically telling me to wait for NVC to schedule my interview as they don't have my record yet :(. For someone with a spousal green card app, emailing Montreal had worked so I was hopeful.

What is most frustrating is not knowing when the interview will be, even if they could say that it won't be until October, at least then I could plan accordingly.

What seems odd is that nobody here on VJ, EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 has had an interview scheduled for some time. It is a small sample set but it just seems like the NVC has not scheduled any EB interviews for any country. My CC was June 13th and I haven't heard of a single EB interview scheduled since then.

I feel ya! I totally understand! I don't have a problem with them telling me my interview is in October but at least I can go on with my life rather than sitting here next to my email and the phone :( I haven't been able to take a summer holiday or travel back to my home country to see my family! Everyone is having a great summer and I'm just here worrying about the interview. I can't relax. I just don't understand why they haven't scheduled any EB interviews, it's very strange. There's no logical reason for the delay. I've reached out to the embassy too and they said the exact same thing. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

I saw EB interview notifications on June 28 and 30 in the spreadsheet with 21 and 29 days to receive notification

If I were you, I would plan for October and be happy if something shows up ahead of schedule.  I think we will know pretty soon! Good thing for you is Canada is close :)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, tujna said:

I saw EB interview notifications on June 28 and 30 in the spreadsheet with 21 and 29 days to receive notification

If I were you, I would plan for October and be happy if something shows up ahead of schedule.  I think we will know pretty soon! Good thing for you is Canada is close :)

I agree with you tujna. I hope that we will get our scheduled dates at the last dates of the this month. I also do not find any logic for pushing back the dates for EBs this much. Many marriage based guys receive their dates in a couple days but for us uncertainty is killing. 

Edited by sulusum
not finished

13 minutes ago, tujna said:

I will wait until October if I have to but the not knowing and waiting is more difficult than you make it sound, given my current work and living situation. Ultimately you are right in that there is nothing we can do and just have to expect the worst, but it is tricky. My company will not be happy if I tell them I wont be able to move down until after October but I guess I just wont tell them anything for now.

Timeline
Just now, enigma992 said:

I will wait until October if I have to but the not knowing and waiting is more difficult than you make it sound, given my current work and living situation. Ultimately you are right in that there is nothing we can do and just have to expect the worst, but it is tricky. My company will not be happy if I tell them I wont be able to move down until after October but I guess I just wont tell them anything for now.

I can understand your difficulty since yours CC date is really way longer than us and you are almost getting to 40 days. Just wish you luck to have your interview schedule soon. In the past many people from Canada have also gotten their interview dates later than other countries. I guess Canada is busier than other countries for interviews...Just hang in there a couple more days, and I am very optimistic we all will be scheduled before next week ends...

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

I understand very well, trust me.  However, try to enjoy Canada while you still live there - I think there is plenty to enjoy there ;)

Edited by tujna

31 minutes ago, sulusum said:

I can understand your difficulty since yours CC date is really way longer than us and you are almost getting to 40 days. Just wish you luck to have your interview schedule soon. In the past many people from Canada have also gotten their interview dates later than other countries. I guess Canada is busier than other countries for interviews...Just hang in there a couple more days, and I am very optimistic we all will be scheduled before next week ends...

Thanks. I had a checklist too so have been at NVC since end of December arg. Hopefully the pattern is that they assign them at the end of every month. Lets wait and see! 

Edited by enigma992

Timeline
1 hour ago, enigma992 said:

Thanks. I had a checklist too so have been at NVC since end of December arg. Hopefully the pattern is that they assign them at the end of every month. Lets wait and see! 

It's going to be late next week or early the week after. You heard it here first ;-p have faith! October is a no no. September for sure. 

1 hour ago, Feanix said:

It's going to be late next week or early the week after. You heard it here first ;-p have faith! October is a no no. September for sure. 

I hope you are right but I am EB-2 and from August 1st, my priority date is no longer current and according to the rules your interview cannot be scheduled if your priority date is not current. Maybe they are not as strict on that in reality..

Either way, fingers crossed for end of next week. It does seem like they do the EB scheduling at the end of the month based on the last ones they scheduled so maybe I just missed the cut for last month and will make this month! We will find out!

Edited by enigma992

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
3 hours ago, enigma992 said:

I hope you are right but I am EB-2 and from August 1st, my priority date is no longer current and according to the rules your interview cannot be scheduled if your priority date is not current. Maybe they are not as strict on that in reality..

Either way, fingers crossed for end of next week. It does seem like they do the EB scheduling at the end of the month based on the last ones they scheduled so maybe I just missed the cut for last month and will make this month! We will find out!

I think once you have CC there is no reason to delay your case even if you on EB-2 pref. This is just my opinion, but i hope it works  for you .

Next week you find that email just enjoy your Life for now  i know how you feel trust me on that  i wait for CC  like forever but i know there is a people  wait for a  years  to get CG .So we are the HAPPY ONES God blessed  :jest:;) .Keep Hope  next week is our week .!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.