Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, Feanix said:

Why does your sponsor want you to move date?

if they want you to move to September/October, when do they want you to arrive? 

Your visa lasts 6 months from medical so as long as you are within, I don't see why it is worth changing the date. 

What was your CC date and interview notification date please? 

14 hours ago, miaqat said:

Hello :) It's really not up to your employer! It's not child's play! I'm sure he knows how tough this journey has been and to finally have an interview date is a big deal! I think you should go to your August interview and travel whenever you want. You don't have to check in with your employer before September or October. Just take this extra time before he wants you as settling in time for yourself. 

What country is your interview in and what are your CC and interview notification dates? 

Hi Guys, she's on the spreadsheet.. You'll see this has been a very long journey for her.. Been dealing with this since 3/4/2010... 

4 hours ago, jen targ said:

> They want to move the date because of "ironing out" required documents by the local authority (my country)--job order and other paperwork needed to submit to my country's overseas employment department. There's a lot of bureaucratic red tape involved, as I understand.

Hmm, can you reach out to other employees that have been able to get their visa? Maybe they can provide you with some insight..

4 hours ago, jen targ said:

> I asked them when I can leave, they said it "depends on the need"; that some applicants are able to leave within 2 weeks after getting their visa approved, some after 2 months, some after 5 months but definitely not immediately. Along with not proceeding with the interview, they said not to proceed with the medical yet because they know it lasts for only 6 months.

Hmm. If they want you to move the date to September or October, you can contact your embassy to change the date. Maybe the embassy is used to this due to the amount of bureaucratic red tape involved.. I just hope your employer won't string you along too much and have you reschedule several times.. Not sure how long you have to schedule an appointment once you've received your CC..  Maybe you can ask your embassy that question..

Meanwhile, i hope you can seek out feedback from your colleagues who have already been through this and have made it to the states. Maybe they can give you some great advice or at least peace of mind.. hang in there.. Really sucks that after 7 years, you're still dealing with setbacks... 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

No interview date for me yet - Canada, CC June 13th, EB-2. Called NVC Friday evening, still nothing.

Have emailed the Montreal consulate since that worked for someone with a family based green card. Will see what they say.

In next week or two we all must have a dates .Don't worry ,but for  September, I think  the August is done in my opinion.There is Enigma in our cases 😃 Someone from Bletchley park is knows the dates . Sorry for the joke  I needed   we all needed.

On 7/12/2017 at 10:52 AM, miaqat said:

OMG! This is not good at all! If we don't get our interview dates this month, we're screwed! Starting August our priority dates won't be current anymore which means it could be months or even years before we get an interview date! 

This is disappointing... EB-2 will not be current just at the worst possible moment for us. According to the link below, they expect it to go back to current by October so would at most be a couple of months delay, but still disheartening :(

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/state-department-makes-predictions-about-eb-cut-date-movement

Timeline
7 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

This is disappointing... EB-2 will not be current just at the worst possible moment for us. According to the link below, they expect it to go back to current by October so would at most be a couple of months delay, but still disheartening :(

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/state-department-makes-predictions-about-eb-cut-date-movement

Read this 

Seek for Tujna response

Edited by green line2017

Timeline

It is highly likely that the cut-off date movement predicted by the State Department will occur. Persons seeking permanent residence through the EB process should take note of this predicted movement and plan accordingly. In particular, persons in the EB-2 Rest of the World category may wish to consider filing adjustment of status applications before the anticipated retrogression in this category occurs in July or August. Once this retrogression occurs, only persons with priority dates before the new cut-off date will be able to file such applications.

You  have already filled application you must just wait  for a visa .The next who must file is affected !!!

Edited by green line2017

Timeline

Everyone who have filled application and wait for a visa number on EB-2 preference must read.

It is highly likely that the cut-off date movement predicted by the State Department will occur. Persons seeking permanent residence through the EB process should take note of this predicted movement and plan accordingly. In particular, persons in the EB-2 Rest of the World category may wish to consider filing adjustment of status applications before the anticipated retrogression in this category occurs in July or August. Once this retrogression occurs, only persons with priority dates before the new cut-off date will be able to file such applications.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, miaqat said:

@JBMG are there any diversity lottery visa candidates on the spreadsheet? Do you know how these people differ from family or employment based visas? Are they generally processed faster, slower etc?  

The Dv based green card process is very different cases   Dv applicant is sent to Kcc if I remember 

kentucky consular center .In case number there is a numbers from small to big number and once visa number is ready the Kcc give the applicant date for interview on visa bulletin there is table with Dv cut numbers too .That what I know for this process. I play this lottery  for a 12 years with no success..

No more lottery for me 😎

http://dvlottery-2018.com/visa-bulletin.php

Edited by green line2017

5 minutes ago, green line2017 said:

The Dv based green card process is very different cases   Dv applicant is sent to Kcc if I remember 

kentucky consular center .In case number there is a numbers from small to big number and once visa number is ready the Kcc give the applicant date for interview on visa bulletin there is table with Dv cut numbers too .That what I know for this process. I play this lottery  for a 12 years with no success..

No more lottery for me 😎

A friend of mine doing DV got his case completed in August and got his interview notification in November :((((((((( so I hope they are different! 

@enigma992 I think visas already in process will not be affected by the retrogression. Hopefully we will get our interview dates before August. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, miaqat said:

A friend of mine doing DV got his case completed in August and got his interview notification in November :((((((((( so I hope they are different! 

@enigma992 I think visas already in process will not be affected by the retrogression. Hopefully we will get our interview dates before August. 

Yay that's what I read for you guys  you are safe and just wait for a visa stump .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
51 minutes ago, miaqat said:

@JBMG are there any diversity lottery visa candidates on the spreadsheet? Do you know how these people differ from family or employment based visas? Are they generally processed faster, slower etc?  

oh wow, i have no idea.. I don't know anything about this visa type.. 

5 hours ago, miaqat said:

I hope so. Technically they do not schedule interviews if PD is not current but hopefully we have already passed that point. I am waiting 5 weeks now for interview!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good morning, afternoon, evening wherever it is you live in the world! The weekend is over and I'm hoping it's a good week for us EB visa applicants. If all can update whenever you receive your interview and country of embassy that would be great. Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.