Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

APPROVED!!

I had my interview this morning at US Embassy, London (the new embassy). I was asked to wait in front of windows 20-21 in the immigrant visa counselor section. I was called 5 minutes later at window 20. An officer had my I-140 package and the supporting documents I sent to NVC on his desk. He asked for my passport, photographs and checklist in the beginning. Later, he asked my birth certificate and police certificates. He verified all these documents with the NVC packages, gave me an X-ray CD and took my finger prints. After then he asked me to wait until my token is called again. He forwarded all the packages and documents to another officer at Window 21 and I was called 10 minutes later. The officer was a nice guy and he asked me to take an oath. 

The interview lasted for about 5 minutes and it was the most easy and simple interview ever had. These are the questions he asked:

1. Have you been to the US before? Since I had a J1 visa and a B1/B2 visa, he said that all US visa will be cancelled.

2. What was the purpose of your earlier J1 visa?

3. What will you do in the US?

4. You have a recommendation letters from UCLA and UC Berkeley, that seems impressive.

5. What is highest academic degree?

6. You have a strong record of publications, almost all of them are focused on earthquake. You should go to California. We really need a specialized person like you.

7. That's it. We will keep you passport to stamp a visa and original police certificates. You will get your visa in 2-3 weeks.

Thank you everyone who helped me in this journey. Good luck ahead.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
17 hours ago, maham8 said:

Hello Guys,

APPROVED!!

I had my interview this morning at US Embassy, London (the new embassy). I was asked to wait in front of windows 20-21 in the immigrant visa counselor section. I was called 5 minutes later at window 20. An officer had my I-140 package and the supporting documents I sent to NVC on his desk. He asked for my passport, photographs and checklist in the beginning. Later, he asked my birth certificate and police certificates. He verified all these documents with the NVC packages, gave me an X-ray CD and took my finger prints. After then he asked me to wait until my token is called again. He forwarded all the packages and documents to another officer at Window 21 and I was called 10 minutes later. The officer was a nice guy and he asked me to take an oath. 

The interview lasted for about 5 minutes and it was the most easy and simple interview ever had. These are the questions he asked:

1. Have you been to the US before? Since I had a J1 visa and a B1/B2 visa, he said that all US visa will be cancelled.

4. You have a recommendation letters from UCLA and UC Berkeley, that seems impressive.

6. You have a strong record of publications, almost all of them are focused on earthquake. You should go to California. We really need a specialized person like you.

7. That's it. We will keep you passport to stamp a visa and original police certificates. You will get your visa in 2-3 weeks.

Congrats. All the best. 

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
On 1/26/2018 at 4:07 AM, maham8 said:

Hello Guys,

APPROVED!!

Great news. Congratulations!

Filed: Other Timeline
On 27/01/2018 at 1:07 AM, maham8 said:

Hello Guys,

APPROVED!!

wow, congratulations! you get thorugh this journey. Did they ask you about job offer?

1 hour ago, aucklandfam said:

wow, congratulations! you get thorugh this journey. Did they ask you about job offer?

Thank you! They asked me what I would do in the states. While answering that question, I talked about few possible offers I have from the US employers and their willingness to hire me after I receive my visa. I pointed out the possible company and the office location I am interested in too and the work I would do there.  I had an email correspondence with all the interested employers but the officer didn't ask for it.

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, maham8 said:

Thank you! They asked me what I would do in the states. While answering that question, I talked about few possible offers I have from the US employers and their willingness to hire me after I receive my visa. I pointed out the possible company and the office location I am interested in too and the work I would do there.  I had an email correspondence with all the interested employers but the officer didn't ask for it.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I am a little bit of worry as my interview is on middle of March, but I do still not get any postive response from the employer yet.

They didn't particularly ask for a job offer. I think all we think to make them feel that we will continue working in the same field. Good luck for your interview. Let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to help you.

2 hours ago, maham8 said:

They didn't particularly ask for a job offer. I think all we think to make them feel that we will continue working in the same field. Good luck for your interview. Let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to help you.

Thank you very much for your advice. Hopefully I will get it thought without any problems.

Timeline

I do not want to bring  bad news, but for EB2 and EB3 visas job offer letter is essential for the visa to be issued. For EB1 (which is what @maham8 got) you do not need a job offer. Is on the list of documents needed for the interview  (just like the police clearance and medical examination),  and needs to be within a month of the interview. I would call the employer and do everything I could to get one.  Read all the previous posts on this page of the forum and read other members experience,  they all needed the job offer, and most of the interview questions focus on verifying the relationship with the employer , your job duties and qualifications for the job. 

Best wishes.

22 hours ago, maryLu said:

I do not want to bring  bad news, but for EB2 and EB3 visas job offer letter is essential for the visa to be issued. For EB1 (which is what @maham8 got) you do not need a job offer. Is on the list of documents needed for the interview  (just like the police clearance and medical examination),  and needs to be within a month of the interview. I would call the employer and do everything I could to get one.  Read all the previous posts on this page of the forum and read other members experience,  they all needed the job offer, and most of the interview questions focus on verifying the relationship with the employer , your job duties and qualifications for the job. 

Best wishes.

Yes, job offers are required for EB2 and EB3 but not for EB2-NIW and EB1-A category. EB2-NIW is the national interest waiver category which waives the requirements of job offer and therefore the labour certification. Self petition is allowed for both EB2-NIW and EB1-A category.

Congrats @maham8 !

Sadly I wasn't so lucky. Interview on the 30th. I was first up and I think I got the guy on a bad day. Was utterly grilled, felt like half my file was just ignored. I got a blue 221(g) form and I'm now in Administrative Processing.

All I can do now is wait.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

Congrats @maham8 !

Sadly I wasn't so lucky. Interview on the 30th. I was first up and I think I got the guy on a bad day. Was utterly grilled, felt like half my file was just ignored. I got a blue 221(g) form and I'm now in Administrative Processing.

All I can do now is wait.

Sorry to hear that. Why were you grilled for? Where did you interview? Did you have all the required documents?

1 minute ago, maryLu said:

Sorry to hear that. Why were you grilled for? Where did you interview? Did you have all the required documents?

I was at the new London embassy like @maham8 . I had all the documentation, I'm in AP based entirely off the interview.

I wrote a review based on my experiences here: www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=23161

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 1/30/2018 at 9:28 PM, maryLu said:

Best wishes.

Offer letter is something they ask for 1st at the EB3 visa interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.