Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, faithful12 said:

Did you have to call the NVC to know you had a CC? 

Yes Faithfull2 we need to call and confirm because the cc acknowledgement main saying your case is momentarily complete will be received little later than actual CC date. After the CC you will get a conf email stating momentarily complete and then you will get another email after interview is scheduled. Hopefully for your case (CC - 7th Nov) you might get the interview late December or may be beginning of January too because of holidays. You can call them once in a week to get the interview date. 

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
6 hours ago, maham8 said:

Is there anybody waiting for interview at the US Embassy in London?

I am waiting for my interview dates.

CC- Nov 13

I don't know of anyone in London. There is one member having the interview today in Canada, and there have been a couple of interviews in Europe this last couple of months. Look on this thread. 

I'm waiting for the US Embassy in London. Literally just got off the phone with the NVC. Case complete on the 17th November and just waiting on the dates now. The lady at the NVC suggested that January would be the absolute earliest an interview would be scheduled.

That's fine. I'm tied up on this day job until May 31st 2018.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

I'm waiting for the US Embassy in London. Literally just got off the phone with the NVC. Case complete on the 17th November and just waiting on the dates now. The lady at the NVC suggested that January would be the absolute earliest an interview would be scheduled.

That's fine. I'm tied up on this day job until May 31st 2018.

How exciting. Can you believe is almost over? Is it an EB3 visa?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Richard Purves said:

EB-1 :)

I fully expect this to drag out to half way through next year.

EB-1 ! How exciting!  I'm sure everything will  go very smoothly from now on. 

8 hours ago, maryLu said:

EB-1 ! How exciting!  I'm sure everything will  go very smoothly from now on. 

I might be forced to reschedule my interview if it happens too quickly. I'm tied to a work contract that I cannot break until end of May 2018. If the 11 week thing that people mention had happened instead of 7, I'd have a little more time. I have to dismantle my life, both in the UK where I'm from but also in Switzerland where I reside.

They never tell you juggling your life before the move will be tough ;)

On 20/11/2017 at 11:44 PM, maryLu said:

@enigma992 best wishes for your interview! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks! I was approved.

Interview in Montreal was fairly straight forward. Lots of waiting around (about 3 hours) but interview itself was just 3 questions:

1) What will you be doing in your new job?

2) When was the last time you were in the US?

3) Why are you applying from Canada?

Interview took 5mins then was approved.

Also had to a sign a piece of paper saying that my Green Card was tied to my job offer and if my job offer was withdrawn, then I could not continue with my application.

They asked for my, and my spouses Canadian visa so do make sure you have that if you go to an interview in a country where you are not a citizen. They don't list this on most of the checklists so you need to make sure you have this. They didn't ask me for anything else that wasn't on the checklist.

Edited by enigma992

Timeline
2 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Thanks! I was approved.

Interview in Montreal was fairly straight forward. Lots of waiting around (about 3 hours) but interview itself was just 3 questions:

Also had to a sign a piece of paper saying that my Green Card was tied to my job offer and if my job offer was withdrawn, then I could not continue with my application.

They asked for my, and my spouses Canadian visa so do make sure you have that if you go to an interview in a country where you are not a citizen. They don't list this on most of the checklists so you need to make sure you have this. They didn't ask me for anything else that wasn't on the checklist.

CONGRATULATIONS! How  exciting!  I know you have been waiting for a long time to get to this point. Thanks for letting us know how the interview went. What is your home country?  Wish you all the best in this new chapter !

8 hours ago, maryLu said:

CONGRATULATIONS! How  exciting!  I know you have been waiting for a long time to get to this point. Thanks for letting us know how the interview went. What is your home country?  Wish you all the best in this new chapter !

Home country is Ireland. Thanks for the good wishes! Yes, I was waiting a long time... over a year since case went to NVC. At least it is nearly over now!!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Thanks! I was approved.

congratulation. did you apply for EB2-NIW?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.