Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
51 minutes ago, cathniss said:

Hi! Called NVC yesterday and I was informed that my case is already complete since sept 28. Any idea how long it takes to get an itervview?

Hi!

it depends on how busy is your embassy , but usually it takes 3-5 weeks to get the P4 / the letter for the interview/  :)

Congrats for the CC

Hello... I got a scan date for the 28th august and haven't received the cc as yet. Does anyone know the average time for that now? 

If i ask to change my name now, is that going to affect the review time?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, D&Kcrump said:

Hello... I got a scan date for the 28th august and haven't received the cc as yet. Does anyone know the average time for that now? 

Hello ,there is not such thing like time frame  this is NVC .

About the changing name if you do that now all case from the begin is zero  that affect everything  including USCIS  ..

1 minute ago, green line2017 said:

Hello ,there is not such thing like time frame  this is NVC .

About the changing name if you do that now all case from the begin is zero  that affect everything  including USCIS  ..

oh noooo.:(

Timeline
39 minutes ago, D&Kcrump said:

About the CC, usually it takes from 30-90 days, from scan date to CC. And from 30-60 days from CC to P4 / letter for interview/ but it depends on how busy is your embassy. But every case is different. 

About the name why you need changing, have you change it and now asking or you want to change it ?

2 minutes ago, green line2017 said:

About the CC, usually it takes from 30-90 days, from scan date to CC. And from 30-60 days from CC to P4 / letter for interview/ but it depends on how busy is your embassy. But every case is different. 

About the name why you need changing, have you change it and now asking or you want to change it ?

Okay... I got married and changed my name in my passport, so that's why. When I spoke to the guy from nvc he said, its better to do it now, rather than waiting until i reach to the embassy. I just didn't know if it would affect the processing time.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, D&Kcrump said:

Okay... I got married and changed my name in my passport, so that's why. When I spoke to the guy from nvc he said, its better to do it now, rather than waiting until i reach to the embassy. I just didn't know if it would affect the processing time.

This is other case then, this is family name .But this may affect in some how your case, may you ask your  lawyer if  you have  or other opinion  ...

Maybe the best option is to explain this on interview  . Keep us posted .

read here 

Edited by green line2017

On 14/10/2017 at 9:16 AM, green line2017 said:

Hello @enigma992 any news from you,? W up with your case  ?

No news :(

I've tried emailing the consulate - they just pushed me back to the NVC. I've tried requested an expedite, that was refused. I am hoping beyond hope that since my PD again became current on Oct 1st that I went back in the queue then and will get a date at the end of this month.

Anyone think I would have any luck pushing for a supervisor and mentioning that I have been waiting since early June?

All,

I know, all of you guys in this thread are at the end of NVC processing. However, wanted to post this question and see if I can get any help.

My I824 was approved by USCIS in July 2017. I'm yet to get a case number from NVC. When I call NVC and provide my I824 / I140 / I485 receipt numbers, they say they do not have the case in their database.

When I contact USCIS, every time they create service request and I do not get proper response for the service request. Contacted Congressman/Ombudsman, still waiting for response from them.

Is anyone in the same boat? or come across this situation? Is there anything I can do here?

Thanks in advance for all your help & inputs.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
7 hours ago, greenin2017 said:

All,

I know, all of you guys in this thread are at the end of NVC processing. However, wanted to post this question and see if I can get any help.

My I824 was approved by USCIS in July 2017. I'm yet to get a case number from NVC. When I call NVC and provide my I824 / I140 / I485 receipt numbers, they say they do not have the case in their database.

When I contact USCIS, every time they create service request and I do not get proper response for the service request. Contacted Congressman/Ombudsman, still waiting for response from them.

Is anyone in the same boat? or come across this situation? Is there anything I can do here?

Thanks in advance for all your help & inputs.

Sorry to hear that. Our I 824 got approved end of July, case got  to NVC after 5 weeks . I called a couple of times, the second time  they gave me the case number and receipt number over the phone.  We  payed the visa fee and we are waiting for a waiver now.  Is your priority date current? Maybe try calling USCIS see when they sent it out.   Best wishes, hopefully you will hear from them soon.

Timeline
3 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Finally received interview notification today. November 22nd. Yay!!!! Finally.... Will be 5 and half months since case complete and almost exactly 12 months since my case made it to the NVC.

OMG That is so Great i"аm so happy for you now it"s time for happy dance  for you :jest::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
9 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Finally received interview notification today. November 22nd. Yay!!!! Finally.... Will be 5 and half months since case complete and almost exactly 12 months since my case made it to the NVC.

Hugeeeee congrats, so happy for you!!!!  Almost over!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.