Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Feanix said:

Okay so I'll be the first to break the good news...

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!! :jest:

Sept 05th.

EVERYONE CALL UP!!! 

Congratulations! Very happy for you and for a light for us... 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know what time of the day NVC sends out email with interview date? And how long after your interview is scheduled do you receive your email with embassy appointment?  I am trying to figure out if it makes sense to call or just wait for the email.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Angela1234 said:

Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know what time of the day NVC sends out email with interview date? And how long after your interview is scheduled do you receive your email with embassy appointment?  I am trying to figure out if it makes sense to call or just wait for the email.

I was wondering the same thing :)

3 hours ago, Feanix said:

Sept 05th.

EVERYONE CALL UP!!! 

Congratulations!  And so soon!  :D:jest:

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Feanix said:

Sept 05th.

EVERYONE CALL UP!!! 

Many many many congratulations  finally  :jest::bonk::dance::jest::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Angela1234 said:

Hello everyone, 

Call and wait, wait and call this is what we all do and finally  we get to the end ,so  keep call and keep wait .;)

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
2 hours ago, green line2017 said:

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT WITH GOOD NEWS ?

COMPETITION?:jest: 

I called now and no interview :(. It's been a month and still nothing. Will try tomorrow. Good luck to other people, hoping you can get! 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, sulusum said:

I called now and no interview :(. It's been a month and still nothing. Will try tomorrow. Good luck to other people, hoping you can get! 

We are in the final line  don'т worry  it's just about time to get it  .

Just called and told categorically that now my visa category is no longer current they will not be able to schedule me an interview :(. The agent seemed to be reading the new status off the system. Which means that nothing will happen until my Priority Date is current, so at least another couple of months waiting. This is depressing... BTW this only affects EB-2 ROW people. So I guess miaqat, tujna and me.

Reading a bit more on this, the Fiscal year resets on October 1st so it should go back to current then, almost certainly. Not sure if they will schedule our interview for October before then or if they will wait till October to schedule the new interview. Seems likely that our interview will be October at the earliest and November (or maybe but unlikely December) at the latest.

Edited by enigma992

Timeline
8 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

Just called and told categorically that now my visa category is no longer current they will not be able to schedule me an interview :(. The agent seemed to be reading the new status off the system. Which means that nothing will happen until my Priority Date is current, so at least another couple of months waiting. This is depressing... BTW this only affects EB-2 ROW people. So I guess miaqat, tujna and me. Looks like the visa category will be current again in October but will have to wait and see..

How is it possible that? you already have a finished case just waiting for a visa slot this is not fair at all.

I was hoping that this would not happen because you have a completed case.

Edited by green line2017

2 minutes ago, green line2017 said:

How is it possible that? you already have a finished case just waiting for a visa slot this is not fair at all.

I was hoping that this would not happen because you have a completed case.

There has to be availability in your category for when the green card is issued, not just when you apply. I imagine this is why they were not scheduling my interview also as they knew even if I had the interview in August, I wouldn't be able to have my GC issued. It sucks but it is the law and there's nothing to be done about it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

There has to be availability in your category for when the green card is issued, not just when you apply. I imagine this is why they were not scheduling my interview also as they knew even if I had the interview in August, I wouldn't be able to have my GC issued. It sucks but it is the law and there's nothing to be done about it.

This law is  very disappointing.
You can only hope for an earlier date.
Whether it is for all countries of the Eb-2 category or only for Canada...

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

Let us know when you get email confirmation so at least we know how long it takes.

Enigma, so it is what we feared :(  If it is any consolation, the October bulletin comes out on or about Sept 10, so we should receive dates some time in early September for interviews at the very beginning of October.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.