Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
2 hours ago, green line2017 said:

At least you know now that  they a not on vacation and work hard in embassy :bonk::idea::bonk:

seeee i just wrote on you something and you share good news  

It's all about my good wishes to you i'аm so  happy for you  OMG finally  dance now  :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Hahaha! That's so funny. I liked your emojis a lot. As you say it's dance time now. What a coincidence that it happened right on time at your first post. Thanks for your good wishes and wish all of you tons of luck at the process ahead. It's time to prepare to interview for me. Will be following up you guys. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, tujna said:

Congrats!  Did you get a letter or was it through a phone call?

Thanks a lot! I called them and got it on the phone. Wish all of you good luck. 

Edited by sulusum

3 hours ago, sulusum said:

By the way I just received my P4 letter , just one day after getting my interview date on the phone. For the future records!

That's great! It was sent over email obviously right? 

Does anyone know where I can find any reviews of EB based interviews? There are many on this site but they're all family based. I want to know the kinds of questions EB candidates are being asked at their interviews. Thanks! 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
3 hours ago, miaqat2 said:

That's great! It was sent over email obviously right? 

Yes they send you P4 packet by e-mail .

I also do my own recherches   for any review  on EB(EW) employment based  visas, if i find something i will share here for sure.

Timeline

On 2/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, arnab221 said:..........................

We were approved , below is my experience for EB consular processing. 

We were up and early at the Mumbai Consulate General Bandra Kurla Complex(BKC) on a balmy 30th December 2016. Ushered in quickly through to the immigrant visa section.The number of people were much less than I had expected. The Non-immigrant sections was flooding in with hundreds of people even as the immigrant section was seeing only around 20 people at most and almost all appeared family immigrants. I saw newly married wives convincing the consular officers in what appeared like a newly put on American accent on how much they knew their husband and how much they loved them. ?  ?  ?  Then there were also many elderly couples and large families who were looking to immigrate. 

We were issued tokens by the greeters and our first stop was an Indian consular officer who brought our NVC file out of the cabinet.He returned some unnecessary filed paperwork(remember Name spelling and Priority date change paperwork??) from my file back to us. He asked us for my originals and quickly returned them after verification. He then tore open the teal colored medical envelope/s, looked at reports and placed them in the file.The X-ray CD's were not required and hence I left them at home.Consulates do not allow CD's anyways. He retained the original police clearance , and the original copy of the new one month validity employment letter and put it in the file and asked us to go back to the waiting area.We waited and watched as all members of some families were grilled one by one for over 25+ minutes by consular officers in the adjacent windows. 

Around 15 minutes later our number flashed in the interview booth and the interviewer was a beautiful young American lady. She quickly looked at my file first and asked the below questions.

1. Who is calling you ? 
2. What do you do now and where ? 
3. Tell me about your previous US trips ?
4. Where do you intend to land in the US ? 

My interview was done in 4-5 minutes of which most of it was her looking through the file and typing. She also mechanically validated the dates of the employment letter(1 month) and police clearance (1 year) and circled them off in ink. 

She closed my file and then opened my wife's file. My wife too had US travels from her organization which were independent of mine. She was asked the below questions.

1. How did you meet your husband ? 
2. When did you get married ? 
3. How many people came to your marriage ?
4. What do you do in India ?
5. What business did you have when you traveled to US ? 

She was looking at the monitor and was mechanically entering stuff while asking questions. She then looked at me and gave me a small piece of paper asking me to sign it . It stated in a few lines of text that I promised to work for the employer who sponsored my visa. She then said "Sir, your visas are approved, have a nice day" while giving me the below paper. Process took 10 minutes at most. Very light questioning when compared to grilling that family and marriage immigrants were receiving.   

Edited by green line2017

Timeline

karan1981............................said 

Hi,  eb 3 OTHER worker 

It all went well, and we were granted visa.

Following are some of the questions:

- Who is you employer?

- How long have you been working for?

- Would you go and work for same company?

- Why did your employer file your GC?

- Where are you living now?

- To my wife: Are you working, which company?

- How long have you been married?

- Any photographs?

- Where was your marriage, how many people attended the marriage.

- How old is your kid?

Thats it, pretty straight forward.

Best of luck to others.

Regards

We (my husband is the main applicant) got I824 ( petition to transfer the file from USCIS to NVC)  approved on July 20. How long does it take to hear from NVC?  Anyone  who needed a waiver recently? Our lawyer says we need to hear from NVC, pay the visa fees and then file the waiver, and that while the waiver is processing the NVC holds the case until a decision is made, then it trasfers the case to the embassy. We are an EB3 , with priority date current. 

Edited by MaryLu19

Timeline
11 hours ago, green line2017 said:

I just  Call, no interview date till now ,so must wait  and stay calm .:whistle:B-)

When was your Cc? Is your pd current? 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, green line2017 said:

15.05.2016 is current CC 27.07.2017

Your cc date seems to be early for getting an interview date at this time. It generally takes 3-5 weeks as you can see in the datasheet .  Although Embassies release the dates for EBs at the end of the month in general, there are certainly exceptions who got dates in mid-month.  You need to call them every other day until you get it.

If you call around 7.00 am-7.30 am or 11.30 pm , you will get through right away!

Good luck

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sulusum said:

Your cc date seems to be early for getting an interview date at this time. It generally takes 3-5 weeks as you can see in the datasheet .  Although Embassies release the dates for EBs at the end of the month in general, there are certainly exceptions who got dates in mid-month.  You need to call them every other day until you get it.

If you call around 7.00 am-7.30 am or 11.30 pm , you will get through right away!

Good luck

Thank you  .;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.