Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, tujna said:

Enigma, so it is what we feared :(  If it is any consolation, the October bulletin comes out on or about Sept 10, so we should receive dates some time in early September for interviews at the very beginning of October.

I'AM SO SORRY  THIS IS NOT REAL ...................

13 minutes ago, tujna said:

Enigma, so it is what we feared :(  If it is any consolation, the October bulletin comes out on or about Sept 10, so we should receive dates some time in early September for interviews at the very beginning of October.

Yeah, I've read up on this some more today and it will almost 100% certainly go back to current on October 1st. Do you know if they will schedule interviews before the PD becomes current? This happened last year too so there should be some evidence to see when people in our situation got their interview but I cannot see at the moment.

And yes green-line, EB-2 ROW means "Rest of World", not just Canada. Basically any country outside China, the Philippines , India and Mexico.

To put a positive spin on it, it looks likely we will get an interview no later than October and even if we had received an interview date today it probably would have been September, so it is hopefully just a 1 month delay. I have been at NVC since December :(

Edited by enigma992

Timeline
3 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

To put a positive spin on it, it looks likely we will get an interview no later than October and even if we had received an interview date today it probably would have been September, so maybe just another 1 month delay.

Well it's light in dark  hope not delay too long  your dates  Enigma ,Tujna  ,Miaqat 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
5 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Yeah, I've read up on this some more today and it will almost 100% certainly go back to current on October 1st. Do you know if they will schedule interviews before the PD becomes current? This happened last year too so there should be some evidence to see when people in our situation got their interview but I cannot see at the moment.

And yes green-line, EB-2 ROW means "Rest of World", not just Canada. Basically any country outside China, the Philippines , India and Mexico.

To put a positive spin on it, it looks likely we will get an interview no later than October and even if we had received an interview date today it probably would have been September, so it is hopefully just a 1 month delay. I have been at NVC since December :(

Yes, I know some people were sent interview dates in the month preceding becoming current for the following month, so come September we can start calling again.  Logically makes sense - just like they didn't schedule you for August knowing dates will not be current, they should be scheduling for October knowing that we will be current. CO stated that EB2 will be current in October, so I would say the chance is close to 100%.  Pretty much looks like an eternity now till September though.

Timeline
6 hours ago, enigma992 said:

And I like your positive spin, pretty much is a matter of a few weeks now. You pretty much got the shortest stick, waiting all this time after cc. You should be the first one scheduled! I feel like having a date for the interview is what we need so that we can plan accordingly and relax a bit till then :) 

Timeline
6 hours ago, enigma992 said:

And I like your positive spin, pretty much is a matter of a few weeks now. You pretty much got the shortest stick, waiting all this time after cc. You should be the first one scheduled! I feel like having a date for the interview is what we need so that we can plan accordingly and relax a bit till then :) 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Just called and told categorically that now my visa category is no longer current they will not be able to schedule me an interview :(. The agent seemed to be reading the new status off the system. Which means that nothing will happen until my Priority Date is current, so at least another couple of months waiting. This is depressing... BTW this only affects EB-2 ROW people. So I guess miaqat, tujna and me.

Reading a bit more on this, the Fiscal year resets on October 1st so it should go back to current then, almost certainly. Not sure if they will schedule our interview for October before then or if they will wait till October to schedule the new interview. Seems likely that our interview will be October at the earliest and November (or maybe but unlikely December) at the latest.

I am so sorry to hear that. It's unbelievable how things can get complicated (and uncertain) for EB petitioners while waiting to get their interview dates . Hoping that you and other EB2s can get a date in October as soon as your PD becomes current again.

I was almost certain that we would be given a date this week but starting to lose my expectations and even motivation...Just Feanix got a date on Sep 5th (his CC was June 28th). My CC was on July 3rd, still have a chance to get a date but as I said kind of depressed from negative answers each time by the reps.

Will let you know if things change.

Hi guys, I couldn't stay away too long lol.

@enigma992 I called the NVC and got the same info. I'm hoping they would schedule our interviews in September for October and not start to schedule them in October. It just makes more sense.

The funny thing is that when I heard of this August retrogression a few weeks ago I called my lawyer and asked her to do sth about this. She said "don't worry this doesn't affect you coz ur green card is already in process" - well guess what, it did affect me :( anyway thank God for everything.

11 minutes ago, miaqat2 said:

@enigma992 I called the NVC and got the same info. I'm hoping they would schedule our interviews in September for October and not start to schedule them in October. It just makes more sense.

The funny thing is that when I heard of this August retrogression a few weeks ago I called my lawyer and asked her to do sth about this. She said "don't worry this doesn't affect you coz ur green card is already in process" - well guess what, it did affect me :( anyway thank God for everything.

Sorry forgot to tag @tujna too :) 

Congrats @Feanix!!!!! 😃😃😃

Timeline
5 hours ago, miaqat2 said:

Unless we get somehow missed, we should receive the dates in September.  I think NVC is trying to move cases out the door as fast as possible :)  And your lawyer was obviously wrong but in her defense, lawyers do not deal with NVC much so maybe this is why.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, tujna said:

Guys, I have a question for you, how long does it take to get the CC notification email after the CC date?  Tomorrow will be a week and we still haven't gotten it.

Usually it takes between 5 and 7 days ( as i read somewhere) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.