Feanix

Scan Date to Interview - August 17 - EB visa category

701 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
9 hours ago, green line2017 said:

Just good wishes for this week for all of us!!!!:dance:

Thanks. Good luck to all! Let's see who will come up with the first interview notice...

Timeline
21 hours ago, tujna said:

I think it is going to be an eventful week :) Good luck to everyone!

I just called NVC for any updates however nothing new :(. Rep said they are no longer assigning interview dates and waiting for the September spots from Embassies. She also emphasized they will be scheduling September cases next week 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 hours ago, sulusum said:

I just called NVC for any updates however nothing new :(. Rep said they are no longer assigning interview dates and waiting for the September spots from Embassies. She also emphasized they will be scheduling September cases next week 

So much for my hopes for this week :P  Thank you for letting us know.  I also called today, nothing :)  I did see a few family cases on a long wait for interviews as well.

4 hours ago, sulusum said:

Rep said they are no longer assigning interview dates and waiting for the September spots from Embassies. She also emphasized they will be scheduling September cases next week 

Again, I really don't hold much water in what reps say since the ones I've talked to seem to be guessing most of the time and have never given me much useful information.

I get the feeling that consular processing EB Green cards are a tiny % of the green cards they handle since most EB Green Cards are done with AOS. So when they talk about when they will schedule interviews, they could very well just be talking about family based Green cards which might make up 90-95% of the Green Cards they deal with. We already are pretty sure that EB Green Cards are scheduled separately and the reps I've asked didn't know this so I wouldn't hold much water in them knowing when our EB interviews will be scheduled.

That said..I'm not saying it will be this week!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, enigma992 said:

Again, I really don't hold much water in what reps say since the ones I've talked to seem to be guessing most of the time and have never given me much useful information.

I get the feeling that consular processing EB Green cards are a tiny % of the green cards they handle since most EB Green Cards are done with AOS. So when they talk about when they will schedule interviews, they could very well just be talking about family based Green cards which might make up 90-95% of the Green Cards they deal with. We already are pretty sure that EB Green Cards are scheduled separately and the reps I've asked didn't know this so I wouldn't hold much water in them knowing when our EB interviews will be scheduled.

That said..I'm not saying it will be this week!

I agree with you. I don't think they are quite familiar with EBs seperate schedules or maybe just in some extent . Will keep calling! Let's see who will get the first interview. 

These reps don't know what they're talking about. They're just trained to pick up the phone and read what the system says. And they definitely don't know the difference between a family based case and an EB one let alone their processing times. If none of us get our dates this week then we're in trouble. If I call the NVC can I ask to speak to someone who does know what's going on? Will they let me talk to a supervisor? 

I was under the impression that EB interviews were scheduled in one shot at the end of the month because they're a small percentage. Maybe that's not the case :( 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, miaqat2 said:

These reps don't know what they're talking about. They're just trained to pick up the phone and read what the system says. And they definitely don't know the difference between a family based case and an EB one let alone their processing times. If none of us get our dates this week then we're in trouble. If I call the NVC can I ask to speak to someone who does know what's going on? Will they let me talk to a supervisor? 

I was under the impression that EB interviews were scheduled in one shot at the end of the month because they're a small percentage. Maybe that's not the case :( 

Last month EB interview dates were released on 28th and 31st of June. If that would be yardstick, we should be getting our schedules this week or next Monday. However the months before June, dates were assigned from 20th of the month till the end. 

13 minutes ago, sulusum said:

Last month EB interview dates were released on 28th and 31st of June. If that would be yardstick, we should be getting our schedules this week or next Monday. However the months before June, dates were assigned from 20th of the month till the end. 

Yes, that's why I was under the impression that EB interviews were scheduled once a month. At this point getting an interview date sounds surreal. Like I've made peace with the fact that I'll never get it lol. My case was completed in June so I've been waiting for over a month. I really hope this is a pattern and we really do get our dates this week or next. I've said this many times and I'll say it again, if there was a valid reason for this delay I would happily wait, but I can't think of one good reason why it's such a long wait from CC to interview notification for us. 

1 hour ago, enigma992 said:

Getting a supervisor is almost as difficult as getting an interview.

Oh ok I thought you could just ask to speak to one and they would put them on the phone. I've read that so many people have spoken to supervisors when they had an issue so I thought it was easy. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
34 minutes ago, miaqat2 said:

Oh ok I thought you could just ask to speak to one and they would put them on the phone. I've read that so many people have spoken to supervisors when they had an issue so I thought it was easy. 

I'm in the same boat as you. I am also June CC. I saw others getting interviews and thought for certain it would be an August interview. But I feel exactly the same way. It would be great to speak to somebody that could just clarify what we already know. Just to say 'yes we only schedule them at the end of the month, sorry for the delay, here's your interview!'. But we are here stuck in suspense while seeing the spreadsheet turn green around us. But... have hope. I have high hopes for Friday or Monday. 

1 hour ago, miaqat2 said:

I think you can get one if you are persistent but usually one is not available. You may have to call 5+ times. Supposedly it is easier to get one early in the morning or late at night.

Edited by enigma992

Timeline

I just made another call and got another disappointment :(. Very frustrating, ambiguous process... After I got cc on 3rd of July, I made my first call to NVC on 5th and was told that they were still waiting to hear from the Embassies for August scheduling and I would have gotten interview in August. August passed and now interview schedule for marriage based visa is coming up. I am afraid that they will schedule their appointments soon we be left over again... I don't understand why they are not certain for EB applicants such as other people and don't get why they put us through this stress...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.