BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/8/2017 at 6:08 PM, Greenbaum said:

Your inquiry will be rejected with a letter stating you are still within normal processing time. 

Common sense should tell you that the more people calling, writing and emailing only takes more time and clogs up the system for those who have more urgent issues. Like I have recommended to others, get the phone app (links are below in my signature box) and install it and forget about looking and calling and emailing omg I am out of breath just saying all the things people are doing. When you go beyond 5 months then you can do the following:

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Or contact your congress person link is here to determine who that is: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

You and everyone else will get through this, it just depends on how crazy you want to make yourself. You can't hurry the system. It is what it is.

Thank you for the information. I know we are all tired of the wait, but our time will come. 

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My partner has pointed out that with Cuban and Turkish visa applications now out of the queue thanks to governmental actions, things will likely move along very slightly faster?

I have no idea if this is real or not, but I suppose every little bit helps.

With that said, though, I really feel for the people who were counting on these visas.  What do they do now?  I would be devastated.  :(

event.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, Van & Tiger said:

My partner has pointed out that with Cuban and Turkish visa applications now out of the queue thanks to governmental actions, things will likely move along very slightly faster?

With that said, though, I really feel for the people who were counting on these visas.  What do they do now?  I would be devastated.  :(

That's a very good question. I would feel devastated as well. To wait for so long, only to suspend visas... That's a nightmare.

Our K1 Journey

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Van & Tiger said:

Turkish visa applications for immigration purposes (including k1) did not stop. The only thing is b1-b2, it does not affect  USCIS petitions. 

Also there wasn't that much to begin with at a level to affect. Now if Philippines got something like that, now that would make a change ( no offense- I have nothing against Philippines immigration 😊 Just a joke about the number ) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

There was a HUGE uptick in approvals in the app and on the May filers forum. The consensus is with the DACA thing out of the way they can reprioritize. As of right now, it's looking like the pace is going to pick up alot! Right now, that is. 

Thank goodness. Hopefully things will keep accelerating for the rest of the year.

Our K1 Journey

16 hours ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

There was a HUGE uptick in approvals in the app and on the May filers forum. The consensus is with the DACA thing out of the way they can reprioritize. As of right now, it's looking like the pace is going to pick up alot! Right now, that is. 

what app are you following?

I-129F                                                                                                           AOS 

24/7/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX via FedEx                                          19/6/18   - AoS mailed to Chicago via FedEx
25/7/17 - I-129F received at Lewisville, TX                                                          20/6/18   - AoS received at Chicago. I-485/I-765/I-131
27/7/17- NOA1 Notice date on I-797C also via SMS and e-mail                      27/6/18   - check cashed by USCIS 

1/8/17 - NOA1 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy date: 27/7/17)                            28/6/18   - received NOA numbers for all three apps, "submitted date" says 25/6/18   
5/2/18 - NOA2 via SMS and e-mail and App                                                       
2/7/18     - received hardcopy NOA's for all three apps
7/2/18 - NOA2 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy dated: 2/2/18)                            6/7/18     - received letter with date for Biometrics appt            
13/2/18NVC received                                                                                           
9/7/18     - Biometrics appt            
16/2/18 - NVC case number assigned/Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'     
20/7/18   - Fingerprint Review was completed            
20/2/18 - Consulate received                                                                                 
25/7/18   - Update on Current Status on I-485: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"       
8/3/18 - Medical                                                                                                      
 15 & 29/8/18; 12 & 26/9/18; 10/10/18;  - "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS  "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018"    
23/3/18 - Interview & APPROVED!                                                                         16/10/18  - New card is being produced  (I-765) (text & email notification)
26/3/18 - Advanced Processing                                                                             17/10/18  - Approved Form I-131
27/3/18 - Issued                                                                                                        19/10/18  - Card was Mailed To Us ( I-765) (text notification)                          
3/4/18 - Visa in hand                                                                                                
20/10/18  - received hardcopy NOA's for I-765 & I-131 in mail
12/5/18 - POE                                                                                                            24/10/18 - received EAD/AP combo card in mail   

June 2018 - Wedding (L)                                                             7 & 21/11;5/12 2018;16 & 30/1/19; 27/2; 13/3; 8 & 22/5; 5 & 5 & 19/6 2019 -"We are still reviewing your case & there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

June 2019 - One Year Anniversary (L)   

19/6/19   - 365 Days / 1 year since submitting AoS

3/7/2019 -"We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time"  email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

12/7/19  -  USCUS received renewal for EAD & AP; "received date" says 10/7/19   

18/7/19   - Fingerprint Review was completed for I-765

19/7/19   - received hardcopy NOA's for both EAD & AP 

26/7/19   - received letter from USCIS that biometrics approved (didn't have to go again, this was from last years appt)
                                                                                                                                     04/9/19
   - husband rang USCIS about AP and requested expedite for AP

04/9/19   - 15 minutes after checking the USCIS website where no change was listed, it said "Interview was scheduled".  Received email from USCIS later stating "Case Status: Testing & Interview" (438 days)

05/9/19   - received text saying case was updated and to check website 
                                                                                                                                     09/9/19   - received USPS Informed Delivery that USCIS letter would arrive today & it was in the post. Rec'd email from USCIS requesting more info for expedite AP request. Faxed info back immediately. 

10/9/19   - rec'd approval for I131 renewal; 18/9-USCIS email "new card ordered"' 21/9 -"Card/Doc Production"; 23/9-2 ltrs in mail from USCIS, card mailed via USPS (text/email notifications for all)
                                                                                                                     25/9/19    - new EAD/AP card rec'd
                                                                                                                     17/10/19  - Interview in NYC
                                                                                                                                    7/11/19 -  email to check status online, finally "Case was Approved" and "New Card is Being Produced" on site.  App still not updated. 12/11/19 - card was mailed to us; 13/11/19 rec'd tracking number  
                                                                                                                                    15/11/19 - received Green Card in mail
:dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, temashana said:

what app are you following?

The USCIS App, I think the one most people here use. But, I was especially paying attention to the May filers forum. There are all sorts of people posting there saying they were approved every day now. There's also apparently one guy that has a computer program he created to track a large number of case numbers and posted some recorded approved numbers since June and the number from the last few months jumped up like 7x what it was.

2 hours ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

The USCIS App, I think the one most people here use. But, I was especially paying attention to the May filers forum. There are all sorts of people posting there saying they were approved every day now. There's also apparently one guy that has a computer program he created to track a large number of case numbers and posted some recorded approved numbers since June and the number from the last few months jumped up like 7x what it was.

Thanks. I have the USCIS app but I only see when my date is.  I'll have to investigate it more.  Appreciate your help! 

I-129F                                                                                                           AOS 

24/7/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX via FedEx                                          19/6/18   - AoS mailed to Chicago via FedEx
25/7/17 - I-129F received at Lewisville, TX                                                          20/6/18   - AoS received at Chicago. I-485/I-765/I-131
27/7/17- NOA1 Notice date on I-797C also via SMS and e-mail                      27/6/18   - check cashed by USCIS 

1/8/17 - NOA1 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy date: 27/7/17)                            28/6/18   - received NOA numbers for all three apps, "submitted date" says 25/6/18   
5/2/18 - NOA2 via SMS and e-mail and App                                                       
2/7/18     - received hardcopy NOA's for all three apps
7/2/18 - NOA2 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy dated: 2/2/18)                            6/7/18     - received letter with date for Biometrics appt            
13/2/18NVC received                                                                                           
9/7/18     - Biometrics appt            
16/2/18 - NVC case number assigned/Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'     
20/7/18   - Fingerprint Review was completed            
20/2/18 - Consulate received                                                                                 
25/7/18   - Update on Current Status on I-485: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"       
8/3/18 - Medical                                                                                                      
 15 & 29/8/18; 12 & 26/9/18; 10/10/18;  - "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS  "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018"    
23/3/18 - Interview & APPROVED!                                                                         16/10/18  - New card is being produced  (I-765) (text & email notification)
26/3/18 - Advanced Processing                                                                             17/10/18  - Approved Form I-131
27/3/18 - Issued                                                                                                        19/10/18  - Card was Mailed To Us ( I-765) (text notification)                          
3/4/18 - Visa in hand                                                                                                
20/10/18  - received hardcopy NOA's for I-765 & I-131 in mail
12/5/18 - POE                                                                                                            24/10/18 - received EAD/AP combo card in mail   

June 2018 - Wedding (L)                                                             7 & 21/11;5/12 2018;16 & 30/1/19; 27/2; 13/3; 8 & 22/5; 5 & 5 & 19/6 2019 -"We are still reviewing your case & there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

June 2019 - One Year Anniversary (L)   

19/6/19   - 365 Days / 1 year since submitting AoS

3/7/2019 -"We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time"  email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

12/7/19  -  USCUS received renewal for EAD & AP; "received date" says 10/7/19   

18/7/19   - Fingerprint Review was completed for I-765

19/7/19   - received hardcopy NOA's for both EAD & AP 

26/7/19   - received letter from USCIS that biometrics approved (didn't have to go again, this was from last years appt)
                                                                                                                                     04/9/19
   - husband rang USCIS about AP and requested expedite for AP

04/9/19   - 15 minutes after checking the USCIS website where no change was listed, it said "Interview was scheduled".  Received email from USCIS later stating "Case Status: Testing & Interview" (438 days)

05/9/19   - received text saying case was updated and to check website 
                                                                                                                                     09/9/19   - received USPS Informed Delivery that USCIS letter would arrive today & it was in the post. Rec'd email from USCIS requesting more info for expedite AP request. Faxed info back immediately. 

10/9/19   - rec'd approval for I131 renewal; 18/9-USCIS email "new card ordered"' 21/9 -"Card/Doc Production"; 23/9-2 ltrs in mail from USCIS, card mailed via USPS (text/email notifications for all)
                                                                                                                     25/9/19    - new EAD/AP card rec'd
                                                                                                                     17/10/19  - Interview in NYC
                                                                                                                                    7/11/19 -  email to check status online, finally "Case was Approved" and "New Card is Being Produced" on site.  App still not updated. 12/11/19 - card was mailed to us; 13/11/19 rec'd tracking number  
                                                                                                                                    15/11/19 - received Green Card in mail
:dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

just a question about the App, I have just downloaded it. When i look up case it says Case Active N/A - but if i add the case it says case Active 88 days.

Should I be concerned?? Only asking because 88 days is going by when I put in the date..

On 10/4/2017 at 8:01 AM, Van & Tiger said:

Oh hey mate!  Not the only ones at all!  Tell me about you two.  :D

Well long story short, we first me when she visited me in NYC in February and it was love ever since :D. Since then we've traveled quite a ton together, but hopefully this thing(visa) would go through in December so we don't ever have to worry about distance anymore. I'm glad to see there is an forum/information support system for everyone going through the same struggles.

On another note, does anyone know the number to call to change the recipient's embassy and home address? Thanks and much love to all! It'll quite the Christmas present for the NOA2 wouldn't it?

Timeline

I'm thinking I may have to turn off my app notifications. The wait is starting to drive me batty. I need distractions... Haha

Our K1 Journey

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself on here. My fiance is from Dominican Republic and I live in NYC. Our petition is being processed at the CSC and we are crossing our fingers along with the rest of you. We cannot wait to finally be together here in the states. Wishing you all luck!

I-129F Received: 07-19-2017

NOA1: 07-21-2017

NOA2: 01-23-2018

NVC Received: 01-29-2018 

Case # Assigned: 01-31-2018

NVC Sent Case: 02-03-2018

DS-160 Submitted: 02-05-2018

Consulate Received: 02-05-2018

VAC: 02-09-2018

Interview: 03-12-2018

Outcome: APPROVED!

POE: 03-17-2018

Married: 04-27-2018

USCIS Received I-485, I-765, I-131: 05-24-2018

Biometrics Fee Accepted: 06-08-18

NOA1 Recieved : 06-16-18

Biometrics Appt: 07-02-18

EAD being Produced: 09-28-18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
22 hours ago, trames87 said:

I'm thinking I may have to turn off my app notifications. The wait is starting to drive me batty. I need distractions... Haha

The same here, k1 case active for 99 days and starts to drive me crazy as well... for me it's almost impossible find a good distraction... 🙄 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.