BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

Anyoine can help please.After you get approved how long you wait until you call NVC ? Also when you get case number from them ? What the process after that and how long takes to get visa ?

best regards

Edited by Hamidra

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hamidra said:

Anyoine can help please.After you get approved how long you wait until you call NVC ? Also when you get case number from them ? What the process after that ?

The NVC is moving faster now, so you might call after 8 days.

Look at the section called "What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2)".  It explains what paperwork you need to get ready for the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
22 hours ago, ambrella said:

I had loads of addresses, I had to write extra on the back pages. Mine took 190 days with no RFE

Ohhhh ok.. I guess some people get RFE and some people don't.. Thank you for letting me know about this!:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jeff_9802 said:

Congratulations !!!!

Thank you!

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, amaraimee said:

Hello everyone!! I have a question and I'm not sure which topic it pertains to, so I figured I would ask my favorite group haha

I am going to attend my fiance's interview in Johannesburg, South Africa. It is recommended that I get the Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccines to protect myself from contaminated food/water, etc. I called to make the appt. and the person was kind of confused as to why I didn't have a specific date/travel itinerary. I tried to explain the situation and told her we'll go with the end of March just to be safe. Do you guys think this is a tangible estimate of an interview date? We're going to have all of our paperwork and whatnot in order so when we schedule the interview, we're ready for it. We got our NOA2 Jan 26 BUT our case has yet to reach the NVC

ALSO: Has anyone else been advised/required to get vaccines to travel to their fiance's country or are planning to? I'm so lost lol if anyone could even point me in the right direction I would love you forever and ever

Thank you!

Hello fellow Minnesotan! 

It's hard to guess the interview date estimate because every country is different. I know the South African Embassy is a little bit on the slow side when processing and scheduling interviews because they take on many different countries. My fiance, a Indian citizen but Zambian resident, would have had his interview at the South African Embassy even though he is a Zambian resident. I think end of March gives you enough time but it's hard to advise. 

Also, I've been to southern Africa and Johannesburg many times.  You can just get the medication (try to get oral typhoid because it lasts much longer) at Minute Clinic. You have to know exactly what you need otherwise they will charge a lot to "diagnose" you (aka go on the US travel website and give you a prescription based off of that).

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jeff_9802 said:

The NVC is moving faster now, so you might call after 8 days.

Look at the section called "What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2)".  It explains what paperwork you need to get ready for the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Thank you :-)

do you any idea hoe long take from bein approved to get visa in hand? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, amaraimee said:

Hello everyone!! I have a question and I'm not sure which topic it pertains to, so I figured I would ask my favorite group haha

I am going to attend my fiance's interview in Johannesburg, South Africa. It is recommended that I get the Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccines to protect myself from contaminated food/water, etc. I called to make the appt. and the person was kind of confused as to why I didn't have a specific date/travel itinerary. I tried to explain the situation and told her we'll go with the end of March just to be safe. Do you guys think this is a tangible estimate of an interview date? We're going to have all of our paperwork and whatnot in order so when we schedule the interview, we're ready for it. We got our NOA2 Jan 26 BUT our case has yet to reach the NVC

ALSO: Has anyone else been advised/required to get vaccines to travel to their fiance's country or are planning to? I'm so lost lol if anyone could even point me in the right direction I would love you forever and ever

Thank you!

I work in an OB/GYN and we always recommend to get Hep A. I can't speak for the typhoid vaccine cause I don't administer that but if you go to any primary or OB/GYN doctor, they can get it for you. There are three dosage for Hep A (Twinrix). I'd get it as soon as you can.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
1 hour ago, mcgee201 said:

Hello fellow Minnesotan! 

It's hard to guess the interview date estimate because every country is different. I know the South African Embassy is a little bit on the slow side when processing and scheduling interviews because they take on many different countries. My fiance, a Indian citizen but Zambian resident, would have had his interview at the South African Embassy even though he is a Zambian resident. I think end of March gives you enough time but it's hard to advise. 

Also, I've been to southern Africa and Johannesburg many times.  You can just get the medication (try to get oral typhoid because it lasts much longer) at Minute Clinic. You have to know exactly what you need otherwise they will charge a lot to "diagnose" you (aka go on the US travel website and give you a prescription based off of that).

Yay, minnesota!! Thank you for the advice :)
Speaking of south africa/johannesburg, can I message you? I have a few questions about it :)

59 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

I work in an OB/GYN and we always recommend to get Hep A. I can't speak for the typhoid vaccine cause I don't administer that but if you go to any primary or OB/GYN doctor, they can get it for you. There are three dosage for Hep A (Twinrix). I'd get it as soon as you can.

Awesome! I have an appointment at a travel clinic in my city in 2 days so I'll be getting it then. Are there any risks/side affects I should be worried about with the Hep A vaccine?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, amaraimee said:

Yay, minnesota!! Thank you for the advice :)
Speaking of south africa/johannesburg, can I message you? I have a few questions about it :)

Awesome! I have an appointment at a travel clinic in my city in 2 days so I'll be getting it then. Are there any risks/side affects I should be worried about with the Hep A vaccine?

No, there shouldn't be anything too alarming. I will warn you, it is a strong vaccine so it might burn for a little bit. That is NORMAL and there could be a small bump from where it was given--also normal! You'll need to come back within a month for the second dosage and then 6 months for the 3rd (normally).

1 hour ago, trames87 said:

Yay! My paper notice is coming today!

Screenshot_20180207-074343.jpg

Our arrived Monday! Super fast, USCIS could be faster like USPS lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have a question, for the interview it says "MARRIAGE ENTRY issued by the Civil Registry. All married persons or previously married people are required to present a certified copy of their marriage entry. Certificates of marriage from the U.S. MUST be original certified long-form copies from the Office of Vital Records from the state where the marriage took place. No other marriage certificate will be accepted as proof of marriage in the U.S."
I was married, now divorced (I am the petitioner, btw), Do I need to submit that to my fiancee or is it something she would bring were she previously married? Thank you.

Just now, Joseph and Camila said:

I have a question, for the interview it says "MARRIAGE ENTRY issued by the Civil Registry. All married persons or previously married people are required to present a certified copy of their marriage entry. Certificates of marriage from the U.S. MUST be original certified long-form copies from the Office of Vital Records from the state where the marriage took place. No other marriage certificate will be accepted as proof of marriage in the U.S."
I was married, now divorced (I am the petitioner, btw), Do I need to submit that to my fiancee or is it something she would bring were she previously married? Thank you.

If you have a copy of it I would send it to her?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
12 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

No, there shouldn't be anything too alarming. I will warn you, it is a strong vaccine so it might burn for a little bit. That is NORMAL and there could be a small bump from where it was given--also normal! You'll need to come back within a month for the second dosage and then 6 months for the 3rd (normally).

oh boy.. haha I'm making my sister come with to hold my hand. THANK YOU! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, amaraimee said:

oh boy.. haha I'm making my sister come with to hold my hand. THANK YOU! 

No problem! It won't burn when they're injecting it but you will feel it after for a little bit! It's going to be more annoying than anything. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.