zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Lelyze said:

Hi, March 2015 filer here :)

Nice to be back on the merry-go-round with you!

AOS Journey

3.25 Pack sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) by Overnight FedEx

3.26 Pack arrived at Chicago Lockbox

3.31 Email and texts arrived saying case was received, receipt # allocated, all MSC numbers

4.6 NOIs received by mail

4.17 Letter with biometrics appointment date received

4.21 Walked in early to ASC for biometrics appointment (original date was 4.27) and was seen

6.16 Put in request with service center as EAD over 75 days

6.17 Called State Senator's office and asked for their help with chasing USCIS for the EAD

6.18 Status updated saying EAD card being shipped

6.19 EAD arrived

6.28 i-485 status updated to "Ready for Interview"

9.27 Interview attended

10.05 Green card received

ROC Journey

*realizes that ROC window opens 24 days after I'm due to give birth to first child, panics, and starts to figure out the prep now, even through it's January and 5 months early*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Leo7777 said:

We ALL have a new concern now.

President Trump is asking for legislation that will SUBSTANTIALLY change our immigration rules.

It is meant to implement a skills based system requiring English skills, education, work skills and ability to earn an income in place of family considerations.

Specifically targeted are 'chain immigration' wherein family members come in based on family ties.

This is exactly  what most of us are relying on when we bring spouses into USA.

At the very least, our processes will be slowed and delayed even more as this legislation unfolds and is debated, etc.

Can you please provide some sources/links about this?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Eric & Idalia said:

Can you please provide some sources/links about this?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politics/trump-skills-immigration-plan-cotton-perdue/index.html

I took that to mean that those of us who are here as spouses and children of USCs are still safe, as it seems more targeted at "other" family members such as siblings, parents, etc. But @Leo7777 has a good point that at the very least, this bill would redirect USCIS resources and cause even more delays...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

K-1 Visa Timeline

I-129F Received : 2014-08-29

NOA1 : 2014-09-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-07

NVC Received : 2014-10-30

Paid visa fee $265 : 2014-11-19

Submitted DS-160 Form 2014-11-19

Interview scheduled - 2015-1-22

Visa Issued and in Hand on 2015-1-31!!       

AOS Timeline

Mailed out AOS Package to USCIS to Chicago Lockbox with tracking and signature 2015-05-09

Received email and text notification of AOS package 2015-05-15

Received hard copy of NOA1's for 3 AOS packet 2015-05-21

Successful Biometrics walk in SF Field Office on 2015-06-03

Got email notification AOS interview scheduled on 2015-09-03

Green Card in Hand - 2015-10-14!!! YAY!!!

I-751 ( ROC )

July 8, 2017 mailed I-751 packet via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking #

July 10th, 2017 I-751 Package was delivered to PO Box to USCIS Laguna Niguel

July 12, 2017  Check cashed from CSC

July 13, 2017 Received NOA1 in the mail, NOA1 Dated July 10th

February 26, 2018 case transferred to local office

August 17, 2018 Received new extension letter

September 19, 2018 Case transferred and new office has jurisdiction

September 24th, 2018 Received case transfer notice in the mail to Texas Center

October 17, 2018 Card in Production APPROVED!!! WHOO-WHOO!!!!:dance::dance:

NO RFE or Interview on ROC I751!!!

October 22nd, 2018 USPS tracking updated GC to arrive on Oct 24th!

October 23rd, 2018 Green Card in Hand!!

N-400

Dec 15th, 2018 Filed online and got NOA1

Dec 21st, 2018 Biometrics Appointment scheduled online scheduled for Jan 9th 2019

Jan 2nd, 2019 Successful Biometrics walk in

September 27, 2019 Interview Scheduled for Nov 8, 2019

Interview on Nov 8, 2019 Passed! :dance::wow:

Oath Ceremony scheduled on Dec 12, 2019

Attended Oath Ceremony Officially a US Citizen! :wow::dance:

Applied for US Passport Dec 12th, 2019

Passport in hand on Jan 17th, 2020

6 hours ago, Tcarrol said:

I've been following the July 2016 group.  So many of them are having to attend infopass meetings to extend their resident cards into fourth years.  I've been looking at the actual law regarding what timelines are on USCIS.  Haven't found it, but here is a link to the actual procedure for ROC.

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-11261/0-0-0-22009/0-0-0-22036.html#0-0-0-14595

I believe if the law states that a conditional resident card is two years, and that an application is due within 90 days of the expiration date, then there is an expectation that a new card should be granted at the time of its expiration.  Now, we are given an extension of one year, and even that is not being complied with anymore.  If USCIS is suppose to be self funding with our application fees, then why is there such a delay?  

As I mentioned before, after six months, I plan to take up that issue with my State Senator.  Life is too short to have such uncertainty for so long a period of time.

Why is it that no one is contacting their congressional representatives at the 90 day mark after NOA1? 

According to the document you linked, it says, "The director must either waive the requirement for an interview and adjudicate the petition or arrange for an interview within 90 days of the date on which the petition was properly filed."

Perhaps you may want to visit your senator sooner?

I used my representative during my K1 petition and got an answer within one week of their involvement. I am sure that this involvement was instrumental to the decision coming as it did.

Edited by CB & FM

Timeline
48 minutes ago, WinnfieldJules said:

It's all over the news..

45 minutes ago, theanswerisdance said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politics/trump-skills-immigration-plan-cotton-perdue/index.html

I took that to mean that those of us who are here as spouses and children of USCs are still safe, as it seems more targeted at "other" family members such as siblings, parents, etc. But @Leo7777 has a good point that at the very least, this bill would redirect USCIS resources and cause even more delays...

37 minutes ago, zeta054 said:

Thank you! I'm at work and usually my laptop sends me an alert when Trump does something. I didn't get anything today.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, CLMIKE said:

In regards to Trumps immigration announcements today, I think we should all just take a deep breath and see how this all shakes out.  Immigration paperwork can be extremely stressful.  Waiting for over a  year to get approved can be extremely stressful as well.  I can remember when I filed the K-1 petition for my wife there was a government shutdown immediately afterwards.  I panicked.  And in the end, she still got approved, in a decent amount of time.  We had a 6 month delay (even received a letter) when having to wait on the 2 year green card as well.  Applied in October 2014, got the delayed letter in Feb of 2015 due to the back log, got the green card in September of 2015.

I had kneejerk reactions then on the government shutdown, and the 6 month delays.  Caused myself a lot of heart burn and probably premature grey hairs in worrying.  And in the end, it didn't matter.  We were patient, she got approved, and we're fine.  

Leo is right that potentially services from USCIS might be delayed a bit, but at this point it's in proposal stage.  It will have to be agreed upon by the House and the Senate.  And it will probably have to be properly drafted and many procedures wrote.  This isn't something that can change immediately, even if approved.  And let's be honest, almost all of Trumps proposals have been shot down.  USCIS should not be affected by this until the actual procedural changes are created, ratified in both House and Senate, etc etc.  Which takes time.  Could future generations be affected?  Yes of course.   If my wife's mother ever decided to want to live with us (ha no...but you get my drift) I might face challenges that way.  But spouses and children shouldn't be affected per all the articles I've seen about this today.  And until they actually MAKE a change, USCIS will be just as slow as usual, but shouldn't be any slower.

I'm not trying to stir anything here, I'm just hoping to offer some advice to all of us.  Let's not kneejerk react just yet and panic.  Let's all remember to breath, we are still with our loved ones, we're following all procedures, we're filling in the paperwork, and we'll wait.  Yes it's a long wait, but as long as you follow all the rules while waiting, you're not at risk of having your loved one deported.  And everything Trump does takes time to implement, if even approved.  Time that hell we may all have our green cards by then.  Don't panic just yet, breath.  Sure, stay informed, and know in the back of your minds that maybe this might delay us a bit, but don't panic.  It will work out in the end.

I wish I could give this a 'reputation"  more than once :) Absolutely agree.

10 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

I wish I could give this a 'reputation"  more than once :) Absolutely agree.

Thanks

That being said...I'm in the same boat as all of you.  If this does screw us all over, I'll be first in line at Tom Cotton's offices.  He's in my state after all lol.

Also, I did find this on a pretty right wing site.  So take it with a grain of salt.  But it's more info than I found on the CNN articles.  Also, the words below are not mine, copy and pasted from the site.  So no judging poor CLMIKE that he's a right wing nut job.  Nut job yes.  I'll take that one, but I prefer to not discuss my political preferences (I voted for Bruce Campbell this year)

"The Cotton-Perdue bill makes a number of significant changes to the current program. First, it focuses family immigration more narrowly. Currently, two-thirds of the million-plus foreign citizens who get green cards (i.e., permanent residence that can lead to citizenship) each year qualify only because they have relatives already here. This nepotistic system does not screen for skills or education. It also drives chain migration, as each cohort of immigrants sponsors the next one.

The RAISE Act would limit family immigration rights to the actual nuclear family: husbands, wives, and little kids of American citizens and legal residents. The current categories for adult siblings—adult sons and daughters—and parents would be retired. U.S. citizens could still bring in their elderly parents in need of caretaking, but only on renewable nonimmigrant visas (no green cards or citizenship) and only after proving that they’ve paid for health insurance up front.

The second major element in this restructuring addresses the employment-based immigration flow. It is now a jumble of categories and subcategories, the main result of which is to provide steady work for immigration lawyers. The Cotton-Perdue bill would rationalize this mess by creating one, streamlined points system, along the lines of similar schemes in Canada and Australia. Points would be awarded to potential candidates based mainly on education, English-language ability and age, and those who meet a certain benchmark would be in the pool for green cards, with the top scorers being selected first.

The bill would also eliminate the egregious Diversity Visa Lottery and cap refugee admissions at fifty thousand per year, rather than allow the president let in as many as he wants, as is the case today."

Edited by CLMIKE

I-129F Date: September 24th 2013
I-129F delivered (via USPS update): September 27th 2013 4:40 am
Check cashed: 10/2/2013 
NOA1 email: 10/2/2013
NOA1 hardcopy arrived: 10/7/2013

Alien registration number recieved: 10/21/2013
NOA2 email: 11/7/2013  only 37 days between NOA1 and NOA2...

NOA2 hard copy recieved: 11/12/2013
USCIS shipped I-129F approved petition to NVC: 12/9/2013
NVC receives petition: 12/17/2013

NVC ships petition to London embassy: 12/19/2013
London receives petition: 12/23/2013

CEAC marked as ready: 12/23/2013
Random CEAC status updated date: 12/27/2013

Readiness of Action form submitted: 3/11/2014 (original medical date of 3/12 delayed...)
Medical in London: 4/16/2014
Packet 4 received: 4/28/2014
Interview date: 5/12/2014 APPROVED!!! 

Enter US:  August 2014

Married:  October 2014

Adjustment of status paperwork sent:  End October 2014

Biometrics:  November 2014

Letter from USCIS telling us backlog, expecting an answer in 6 months:  Feb 2015

Interview with USCIS:  August 2015.  Agent says will be approving

Receive Greencard:  Sep 2015

File for Removing of Conditions:  7/27/17

NOA1 Letter:  Dated 8/1, receive 8/5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

Hey guys, I have couple quick question but wasn't able to find answer on the forum. I am sure there is one but it will be faster just to ask here.

when filling i-751, do i need to provide fee for my child for biometrics too even if he was born in US and already has American passport? The way USCIS website worded it makes me question this even though I think it is pretty obvious that child is not having condition removed. He is already Citizen just by being born here, right?

Is Marriage certificate a must in Evidence docs? We can't seem to find the paper and we moved to a different state. Should I bother and try to get the Certificate or you think USCIS might have it on file from when We filled for Green Card after K1 visa?

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone! 

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

5/21/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date CSC

5/22/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

5/29/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy

VJ Timeline estimated NOA2 approval date between June 16, 2014 and June 25, 2014

6/20/2014 - Txt and E-mail received that I-129f has been approved. BOOM :energy:
6/25/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy

7/2/2014 - Received NVC Case Number via Phone(Called 3 days in a row. Between 6:30 and 7:30am CST. Got through with first attempt. On hold for 30 minutes all three times.)

7/8/2014 - US Embassy of Georgia has received the package

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

8/20/2014 - Interview date - DENIED. :blink:

9/29/2014 - Mirracle :energy:

10/14/2014 - Visa Recevied.(Extra cost for shipping passport and package is approx $200 :secret:)

11/13/2014 - US Entry!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

======================================================

11/24/2014 - SSN Received

12/12/2014 - Getting Married (L)

12/27/2014 - AOS Package sent

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

3/10/2014 - EAD has been processed

:jest:

2 hours ago, Leo7777 said:

We ALL have a new concern now.

President Trump is asking for legislation that will SUBSTANTIALLY change our immigration rules.

It is meant to implement a skills based system requiring English skills, education, work skills and ability to earn an income in place of family considerations.

Specifically targeted are 'chain immigration' wherein family members come in based on family ties.

This is exactly  what most of us are relying on when we bring spouses into USA.

At the very least, our processes will be slowed and delayed even more as this legislation unfolds and is debated, etc.

Although on one hand, that might be correct, but Trump had to have used the same system for his current wife who had to migrate to USA from her country.  I think since we are already in the system, our marriages will be honored, but you're right that anything can happen during this discussion.  I don't believe Trump has the votes for this after witnessing what happened with Heath Care.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Maxzim said:

Hey guys, I have couple quick question but wasn't able to find answer on the forum. I am sure there is one but it will be faster just to ask here.

when filling i-751, do i need to provide fee for my child for biometrics too even if he was born in US and already has American passport? The way USCIS website worded it makes me question this even though I think it is pretty obvious that child is not having condition removed. He is already Citizen just by being born here, right?

Is Marriage certificate a must in Evidence docs? We can't seem to find the paper and we moved to a different state. Should I bother and try to get the Certificate or you think USCIS might have it on file from when We filled for Green Card after K1 visa?

Thanks in advance and good luck everyone! 

HI ;)
1. - NO, you don't have to pay a biometric fee for USC child. 

I-751, Part. 5.- you only mention  a dependent (a child), whose conditions on the resident status has to be removed as well as yours.  In your case - there is nothing to remove , kid is already a USC :) .

But kid's birth certificate could be submitted with ROC paperwork... 

2.  Yes, a lot of VJ folks included Marriage Certificate in their I-751 submission.. We didn't :)  As you said  it's been already filed with AOS paperwork, so USCIS  has it in their system/record.

So far - no problem. I've already gotten my Extension Letter and had Biometric done.

Good luck :)

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
1 hour ago, CLMIKE said:

In regards to Trumps immigration announcements today, I think we should all just take a deep breath and see how this all shakes out.  Immigration paperwork can be extremely stressful.  Waiting for over a  year to get approved can be extremely stressful as well.  I can remember when I filed the K-1 petition for my wife there was a government shutdown immediately afterwards.  I panicked.  And in the end, she still got approved, in a decent amount of time.  We had a 6 month delay (even received a letter) when having to wait on the 2 year green card as well.  Applied in October 2014, got the delayed letter in Feb of 2015 due to the back log, got the green card in September of 2015.

I had kneejerk reactions then on the government shutdown, and the 6 month delays.  Caused myself a lot of heart burn and probably premature grey hairs in worrying.  And in the end, it didn't matter.  We were patient, she got approved, and we're fine.  

Leo is right that potentially services from USCIS might be delayed a bit, but at this point it's in proposal stage.  It will have to be agreed upon by the House and the Senate.  And it will probably have to be properly drafted and many procedures wrote.  This isn't something that can change immediately, even if approved.  And let's be honest, almost all of Trumps proposals have been shot down.  USCIS should not be affected by this until the actual procedural changes are created, ratified in both House and Senate, etc etc.  Which takes time.  Could future generations be affected?  Yes of course.   If my wife's mother ever decided to want to live with us (ha no...but you get my drift) I might face challenges that way.  But spouses and children shouldn't be affected per all the articles I've seen about this today.  And until they actually MAKE a change, USCIS will be just as slow as usual, but shouldn't be any slower.

I'm not trying to stir anything here, I'm just hoping to offer some advice to all of us.  Let's not kneejerk react just yet and panic.  Let's all remember to breath, we are still with our loved ones, we're following all procedures, we're filling in the paperwork, and we'll wait.  Yes it's a long wait, but as long as you follow all the rules while waiting, you're not at risk of having your loved one deported.  And everything Trump does takes time to implement, if even approved.  Time that hell we may all have our green cards by then.  Don't panic just yet, breath.  Sure, stay informed, and know in the back of your minds that maybe this might delay us a bit, but don't panic.  It will work out in the end.

1 hour ago, Tcarrol said:

Although on one hand, that might be correct, but Trump had to have used the same system for his current wife who had to migrate to USA from her country.  I think since we are already in the system, our marriages will be honored, but you're right that anything can happen during this discussion.  I don't believe Trump has the votes for this after witnessing what happened with Heath Care.

Tcarrol, it is my understanding that his wife was a LPR already before they got married. She didn't obtain any immigration-related benefits for marrying him. Read what CLMIKE posted. He's right. Let's get informed, but not so nervous.

biometrics completed this morning. now we wait....

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.