zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I am trying to understand this new bill for "immigration reform" and the point system they are trying to create better.  I am told that this bill, if it becomes a law, will not affect people who are trying to obtain the immigration benefits based on marriage, but some people are disagreeing with that... and are saying that it will affect everyone including people who are applying for green cards for their spouses.

If this bill is passed, and it becomes the law of the land, will this new law affect the removal of conditions process of a 2-year conditional green card to become a 10-year permanent green card for someone who is married to a us citizen and has currently a conditional 2-years green card?  Will it affect obtaining the citizenship after completing the 3 years of having a green card?

Thanks everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Consequences of mailing off I 751 2 days after expiration date, does anyone know if it will really hurt us..some situations came up and we weren't able to do it.  Please if anyone has any knowledge about us, please let me know..

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Devy and Lynette said:

Consequences of mailing off I 751 2 days after expiration date, does anyone know if it will really hurt us..some situations came up and we weren't able to do it.  Please if anyone has any knowledge about us, please let me know..

Hi ;)

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/dateCalculator.html 

Your time line shows you got your conditional green card back in October, 2015... So according to this - you are  still within "90 says" window... Unless I'm missing something?.. :)

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
Just now, Ksenia_O said:

Hi ;)

Your time line shows you got your conditional green card back in October, 2015... So according to this - you are  still within "90 says" window... Unless I'm missing something?.. :)

I actually thought we did, but on his green card, the date issued says 08/09/2015, it's a little hard keeping up with these things.

ROC Timeline

Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Devy and Lynette said:

I actually thought we did, but on his green card, the date issued says 08/09/2015, it's a little hard keeping up with these things.

Oh, I see...

I'm not sure but your conditional resident status can automatically be terminated and the USCIS might order removal proceedings against you.

Actually you still have 6 days, till next Wednesday..  What I would do - get whatever documents I have, to submit I-751 paperwork ASAP and send it USPS overnight .

Is there any chance you could do that?

Also, from what I've read on VJ, people include an Explanation Letter with I-751 submission if late filing. in hope it will be accepted...

But again - I would do whatever it takes to submit ROC ASAP and send it like tomorrow or Saturday. Even Monday would still work if you send it overnight. But I wouldn't wait till then,,  

I wish you the best!!!

Edited by Ksenia_O

My husband did his biometrics appointment this morning.  He went early just by a few hours and had no issues. The KC office has always been extremely nice. Now I guess we wait.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

Oh, I see...

I'm not sure but your conditional resident status can automatically be terminated and the USCIS might order removal proceedings against you.

Actually you still have 6 days, till next Wednesday..  What I would do - get whatever documents I have, to submit I-751 paperwork ASAP and send it USPS overnight .

Is there any chance you could do that?

Also, from what I've read on VJ, people include an Explanation Letter with I-751 submission if late filing. in hope it will be accepted...

But again - I would do whatever it takes to submit ROC ASAP and send it like tomorrow or Saturday. Even Monday would still work if you send it overnight. But I wouldn't wait till then,,  

I wish you the best!!!

Thanks so much Ksenia, I really appreciate your help

ROC Timeline

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Devy and Lynette said:

Thanks so much Ksenia, I really appreciate your help

You are very welcome!

What I'm trying to say - don't worry if you don't have all documents you would want to include in your I-751 packet...

At this point I would prefer to get an RFE  or  be called for an interview rather than to be placed in removal proceeding for late filing... 

Biometrics just done in Detroit got there 15 minutes early straight in and out before my 1100 appointment time. Now what just the waiting game?? 

Married : 2014-08-29 in Detroit MI :)

I-130 Sent : 2014-10-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-10 Texas Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-10

NVC Received : 2015-03-25

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-06

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-06

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-06

Send AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-20

NVC Received AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-24

DS-261 Review : 2015-04-24 Over the phone :thumbs:

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-29

Submit DS-260 : 2015-05-01

Checklist scan date; 2015-06-08

CC at NVC : 2015-07-16

Interview Date : 2015-09-21

Visa Received : 2015-09-25

POE : 2015-10-06 :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, JayMain626 said:

Biometrics just done in Detroit got there 15 minutes early straight in and out before my 1100 appointment time. Now what just the waiting game?? 

Yep!

10 hours ago, aa1979 said:

I am trying to understand this new bill for "immigration reform" and the point system they are trying to create better.  I am told that this bill, if it becomes a law, will not affect people who are trying to obtain the immigration benefits based on marriage, but some people are disagreeing with that... and are saying that it will affect everyone including people who are applying for green cards for their spouses.

If this bill is passed, and it becomes the law of the land, will this new law affect the removal of conditions process of a 2-year conditional green card to become a 10-year permanent green card for someone who is married to a us citizen and has currently a conditional 2-years green card?  Will it affect obtaining the citizenship after completing the 3 years of having a green card?

Thanks everyone!

Here is a good article from the BBC that might help you to understand this new proposed bill. Also realize that this is a proposed bill in the Senate where it must be finalized and approved and then it must be also brought to the other house of Congress, the House of Representative to be reconciled or directly approved before it can be signed into law by the President. This can take some time. Time will see if this proposed bill will even become the law of the land.

Submitted a large flat rate box of I-751 package through USPS on 7/29/17, it was received on 7/31/17 and the check was cashed today 8/3/17. When would I have the biometrics appointment? I have an out of state business trip from August 21-25 and I'm wondering if it will be that week. I'm from CA and filled on CSC

Can I make an early biometrics if needed? Should I cancel my business trip? Thanks!

Edited by Memin

10 hours ago, Devy and Lynette said:

9 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

You are very welcome!

What I'm trying to say - don't worry if you don't have all documents you would want to include in your I-751 packet...

At this point I would prefer to get an RFE  or  be called for an interview rather than to be placed in removal proceeding for late filing... 

Yes, Devy and Lynette, I agree with Ksenia-O. Send what you have now and be ready for an RFE. Try to submit as much as you can. Be sure though that the form is complete and signed properly, that you include the complete and proper fee payment, and any required documents like the copy of front and back of green card. Any of these missing items would possibly if nor probably result in a rejection of the application. I hope you prevail in your pursuit of your ROC. Boa sorte!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Memin said:

Submitted a large flat rate box of I-751 package through USPS on 7/29/17, it was received on 7/31/17 and the check was cashed today 8/3/17. When would I have the biometrics appointment? I have an out of state business trip from August 21-25 and I'm wondering if it will be that week. I'm from CA and filled on CSC

Can I make an early biometrics if needed? Should I cancel my business trip? Thanks!

You'll likely get the notice with your appointment date before your trip. Once you have the notice you can try and do an early walk-in (whether it's allowed varies from office to office but many people have had success doing this). If they don't allow you to do a walk-in early, then you can check the box to re-schedule that will be on your original appointment date notice and send it back to USCIS. They'll send you a new appointment date. 

Anyone from VSC Received their Biometrics app? My NOA date is 07/21 and I am getting little anxious for not receiving my bio app yet...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.