CaliCat

Few Overseas Have Faith in Trump’s Leadership, Survey Finds

37 posts in this topic

Timeline

America last, America last, America last. Thank you Mr. Trump!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/us/politics/pew-survey-trump-leadership-overseas.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fus&action=click&contentCollection=us&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=7&pgtype=sectionfront

27dc-presidency-master768.jpg

President Trump, left, gathered with other foreign leaders at the NATO summit meeting in Brussels in May. Mr. Trump will make his second overseas trip next week. CreditStephen Crowley/The New York Times

WASHINGTON — Faith in American leadership has plunged in many nations around the world in the months since President Trump took office, according to a new survey, underscoring the challenges facing the new president as he prepares to make his second overseas trip next week.

Just 22 percent of those interviewed outside the United States expressed confidence in Mr. Trump to do the right thing, compared with 64 percent who had similar confidence in the late stages of President Barack Obama’s administration, according to the Pew Research Center. In only two of 37 countries in the survey did Mr. Trump fare better than Mr. Obama: Russiaand Israel.

“Trump and many of his key policies are broadly unpopular around the globe, and ratings for the U.S. have declined steeply in many nations,” the center said in a report released on Monday. “The sharp decline in how much global publics trust the U.S. president on the world stage is especially pronounced among some of America’s closest allies in Europe and Asia, as well as neighboring Mexico and Canada.”

The findings come despite concerted efforts by Mr. Trump to build relationships with world leaders. On Monday, he met with Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India at the White House and he is scheduled to host President Moon Jae-in of South Korea for a two-day visit starting on Thursday. As president, he has brought the leaders of China and Japan to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida and telephoned other world leaders dozens of times.

Another fake piece from the lame stream media. Does it look like I care about what other countries think of my president? I don't care what they think because I voted for him and he's doing a good job.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Another fake piece from the lame stream media. Does it look like I care about what other countries think of my president? I don't care what they think because I voted for him and he's doing a good job.

And if they don't like it they can go back to where they came from! Wait...uh

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
10 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I don't think they were writing it for you specifically and exclusively. You may not care, but the MDR/MORs do care. They complained and moaned and pitched many a hissy fit during the Obama administration, because they were afraid other leaders were going to look down on America. Their fears came to materialize with so-called president Trump.

Of course, all that happened before alternate facts were in play, so chances are that currently they will call it a win, that America is the butt of the world's jokes these days. 

Edited by CaliCat

Timeline
26 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

Which bills? Which bills are these countries not paying?

I have a feeling they are not paying Trump to party and golf at Trump brand hotels. We pay those bills.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

I'm not surprised, Trump has become an national embarrassment to the rest of the world. It's no surprise the only two countries who see him in a positive light are Russia and Israel. That tells you a lot.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

2 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

I'm not surprised, Trump has become an national embarrassment to the rest of the world. It's no surprise the only two countries who see him in a positive light are Russia and Israel. That tells you a lot.

13 hours ago, CaliCat said:

In only two of 37 countries in the survey did Mr. Trump fare better than Mr. Obama: Russiaand Israel.

The only two out of 37 surveyed. There are 196 countries in the world. A majority of them were not surveyed so this actually doesn't tell us much at all.

4 hours ago, CaliCat said:

Which bills? Which bills are these countries not paying?

Well it looks like many of these countries are NATO member nations who don't pay their fair share of the costs of NATO. But Trump has announced that will change so there is one example. Also many of these nations have US military personnel in them aiding in their national security and Trump is starting to scale that back or making these nations pay a larger share of the costs (not to mention the free weapons they get from us which is being scaled back). Another example is the Paris climate cult deal. The US won't be paying the majority of the costs for the existence of this cult anymore. There are more examples but I think I have proven my point here.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
14 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

The only two out of 37 surveyed. There are 196 countries in the world. A majority of them were not surveyed so this actually doesn't tell us much at all.

Well it looks like many of these countries are NATO member nations who don't pay their fair share of the costs of NATO. But Trump has announced that will change so there is one example. Also many of these nations have US military personnel in them aiding in their national security and Trump is starting to scale that back or making these nations pay a larger share of the costs (not to mention the free weapons they get from us which is being scaled back). Another example is the Paris climate cult deal. The US won't be paying the majority of the costs for the existence of this cult anymore. There are more examples but I think I have proven my point here.

The 37 countries surveyed are countries with more prominence in the world stage. Out of those only Israel and Russia see our so-called president favorably. It must be of some consolation that Trump is popular among the third world. LOL.

It is true that the US has bases in many of these countries, but in the big scheme of things, our military being posted all over the world has little do to with security for the sake of security, and more with the guarantee that we maintain our influence globally. Don't take me wrong. If we don't do it, the Russians of the Chinese will gladly take care of that protection, as a means to leverage their interests. These countries may not pay us directly, but they make our lifestyle possible to a great extent. 

Edited by CaliCat

Timeline
14 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

So trump is popular in Russia and unpopular with our long standing allies and nations with strong democracies. Got it.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

2 minutes ago, ccneat said:

So trump is popular in Russia and unpopular with our long standing allies and nations with strong democracies. Got it.

Long standing allies who have gotten welfare checks from us for a long time who are now being told we are not the world's piggy bank and they are going to have to pay their own expenses. This is to be expected. Until we don't have a single person in the US living on the streets or going with out basis human necessities (unless they choose to live that way) we shouldn't give a penny of our tax money to other nations for anything. 

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Long standing allies who have gotten welfare checks from us for a long time who are now being told we are not the world's piggy bank and they are going to have to pay their own expenses. This is to be expected. Until we don't have a single person in the US living on the streets or going with out basis human necessities (unless they choose to live that way) we shouldn't give a penny of our tax money to other nations for anything. 

Are you proposing we close up shop in the Philippines, if they don't agree to pay us for protection?