KatieS

Help- Feeling Overwhelmed

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just wondering if there is patient person that might be able to talk me through my Fiancé visa application. 

Im moving to America, but we are feeling confused with conflicted information regarding what we need to send in initially. I was hoping to send all the forms to him from Australia tomorrow. 

He's done his part of the i-129 and G form paperwork and so have I. 

But I am confused in what else I need to send him now. 

Is there anyone I could chat to here via text perhaps? 

Does anyone know if letters from family and friends need to besent now too? If so, can they be emailed or must they be signed and sent in mail? 

Thanks so much VJ family! 

Katie. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You only need to sent him a letter of intent to marry and passport pictures.

The G-235A is not needed anymore and the I-129F is filled out by the USC.

Other then that if you have bordingpasses and pictures and so on from visits you guys have had then sent that also.

Timeline

Thankyou! So the G 235a is DEFINITELY not needed anymore? We followed instructions here that told us we had to fill it in? 

What about a signature line? As there is no where for me to sign the I-129. 

Do I need the passport photos stamped or cited or signed by someone? 

Thanks so much for your help!! :) 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, KatieS said:

Thankyou! So the G 235a is DEFINITELY not needed anymore? We followed instructions here that told us we had to fill it in? 

What about a signature line? As there is no where for me to sign the I-129. 

Do I need the passport photos stamped or cited or signed by someone? 

Thanks so much for your help!! :) 

Make sure you are using the updated form.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Timeline

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

I am stuck on the section 5a where it talks about waivers.

We  both ticked the first box where it says 'Multiple Filer' no previous restraining orders etc etc but then realised this is only for people that have filed for a K-1 before? Neither of us have filed for a k-1 before so do we just leave this whole section blank? 

Sorry, it feels like a dumb question. I just wanted to double check. 

Ive attached the section here. 

IMG_1623.PNG

8 minutes ago, KatieS said:

I am stuck on the section 5a where it talks about waivers.

We  both ticked the first box where it says 'Multiple Filer' no previous restraining orders etc etc but then realised this is only for people that have filed for a K-1 before? Neither of us have filed for a k-1 before so do we just leave this whole section blank? 

Sorry, it feels like a dumb question. I just wanted to double check.

You don't need a multiple filter waiver unless you've met certain requirements. If you've never petitioned for somebody before, then you would leave these all blank.

Have you petitioned for anybody before?

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf (p.7 towards the bottom)

I'm confused when you say you both ticked the box...only the (USC)  petitioner completes the I-129F form.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Okay I don't mean this in a bad way at all so please don't take it that way.

But I think you should read the instructions in here on the petition and what is needed and what is not. 

The I-129F is filed out by the USC as said above all you have to send is what we listed above.

If you want to fill it out together then no problems but you guys need to read the instructions that I linked to earlier along with the

forms and all. You want to get this right the first time so you don't have to deal with to much RFE which stands for request for more evidence or if you make a mistake on the form and so on it will be more wait time.

Why are you each filing out the form?

Timeline

No that's fine, I appreciate your honesty. Thankyou, it's just that there are certain details that either clash, or we can't find specifically.  

I work 11 hour days so I do probably need to try and find time somehow to read through it more. It's been a bit full on my end. 

We we are both filling out the form because it asks for 'Your Beneficiary details' I have about 5 pages of info Coty needs, so I'm filling in my part here to send to him. 

However, since there is no need for the G 235 now and no need for a signature, he could do it all his end and just fill in my parts.

However... the instructions do say if I've used the extra form at the back to fill in more employment history and living history that I have to sign and date it. 

I guess im just trying to use this as a help in between. 

Timeline

Neither of us have petitioned for anyone before, we got that section confused. So we'll just leave it blank. 

Thanks again for your patience. I'll try and read things in more detail on the weekend. 

Breath, relax, shake your head and repeat. Now that you are somewhat calm :D:D.

The information on this forum is plenty, very helpful and can become overwhelming at times.

When I started my journey I found it most useful to thoroughly read the instructions that came from the USCIS, there forms and there website. And use them over the instructions I found here. Forms change, rules change and guidelines may not be updated as often here. In the end the instructions on the form are the ones you have to follow.

Also be aware that forums tend to draw more topics about problems than about things that went right. That is just the nature of things.

The other thing I can not emphasize enough is to look at the reviews for your embassy/consulate and to read through your local forum. Many things that are important for one embassy are not even considered in another.

Now, breath again. And remember that if I could have figured out how to do this, so can you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, KatieS said:

Neither of us have petitioned for anyone before, we got that section confused. So we'll just leave it blank. 

Thanks again for your patience. I'll try and read things in more detail on the weekend. 

When I submitted my I 129f....I found it helpful to remind myself that the questions are not "trick" questions...don't over think it....it is just asking what it asks...

As for the passport photos....you just have to write the name of the person lightly in pencil on the back of the photo...

Happy journey :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you can try googling your question too.. the answer will come up.  i also found a helpful youtube video that went through the entire application and i found it very helpful.  

Timeline

You guys rock. Thankyou so much for your encouragement and tips and the time you took to write. 

I'm going to have another good read through everything tonight after work. 

Feeling more peaceful about it now. 

Thanks again. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, KatieS said:

You guys rock. Thankyou so much for your encouragement and tips and the time you took to write. 

I'm going to have another good read through everything tonight after work. 

Feeling more peaceful about it now. 

Thanks again. :) 

Hi! I don't know if I am too late, but if you still need help, and if you want, I can send you our "Table of Contents". We got a NOA2, so I'm sure they were satisfied with the documents we provided. We did get an RFE, though, but it was unnecessary as they asked us to send passport photos we already sent them, meaning they lost our photos. If you need further help, we can chat so I can help you organize your documents. I can also send you samples of our cover letters and intent to marry. 

I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Timeline
9 hours ago, KatieS said:

No that's fine, I appreciate your honesty. Thankyou, it's just that there are certain details that either clash, or we can't find specifically.  

I work 11 hour days so I do probably need to try and find time somehow to read through it more. It's been a bit full on my end. 

We we are both filling out the form because it asks for 'Your Beneficiary details' I have about 5 pages of info Coty needs, so I'm filling in my part here to send to him. 

However, since there is no need for the G 235 now and no need for a signature, he could do it all his end and just fill in my parts.

However... the instructions do say if I've used the extra form at the back to fill in more employment history and living history that I have to sign and date it. 

I guess im just trying to use this as a help in between. 

Maybe find a day where you both are off and can sit down on webcam together then? 

That way you can get it done and talk about it at the same time. People in here are also very helpfull.

Here is the forum for K-1's and they are all going through it now 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-amp-procedures/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/128-k-1-fiancee-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.