MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, ibnfawzi said:

When I'm bored at my store, I day dream of selling my business, my house and assets and moving to my bride's country and start our new life there. The equity I have in my house would be enough to live well there. I'm originally Libyan (US Naturalized in 1992), and it's bad enough my family can't get visitor visas just to visit. But now it's been 16 months since I originally petitioned for my fiancee's K1 and still we wait with no answer.. So that's my life for now.

Pretty much similar story for most of us :( 

On 19/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, simoadr said:

Hi TangierMorocco.

Casablanca wait time for Ds5535 is 3 months to 6 months. we have group chat in whatsup if you wanna join us or your wife wanna join us. The group chat members are all Moroccans who got DS5535 and we are supporting each other. 

Hi Omar,

Can you add me to this group as my brother has DS5535

can you add please

I got another standard reply from my Senator's office today.

I hope you are doing well and having a good week so far. I have received an update from the Department of State and the U.S. Embassy in Casablanca, regarding your pending visa application, filed on behalf of YOUR SUPER AWESOME FINACEE.

The details, as provided to us by the agency, are included in the email to our office, below. The administrative processing is an extensive congressionally mandated process that cannot be waived and is a requirement.

It is a stage that takes time. It requires the case to pass through several different agency checks. It does not remain with the Department of State for duration of the review, but goes to other federal agencies so that they may complete their screening process as well. For that reason, administrative processing can take a while to see itself through. I know this has been incredibly frustrating. But, it is hard to say how much time this could take.

I do regret that this response was not more substantive, but trust that the information was helpful.

Please do feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. I will do my best to assist you.

Have a good rest of your day,

Northwestern Regional Director

Immigration Casework Coordinator

Office of U. S. Senator Tim Kaine

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Hey Guys,

I've submitted my interview on 4 April for a training purpose on 16 June.

They told me to send an email to the embassy and request the DS 5535 form so I did and send it back on 10 April.

I didn't hear back from the embassy, so I sent an email on 7 May for and update and they replied that the process may take 60 days or less and maybe more.

The question is that the training starts on 16 June and really don't need to miss it.

Do I email the embassy one more time or wait for their call or email?

Thanks all and appreciate your help.

Edited by Mel.sa
mistake

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Mel.sa said:

Hey Guys,

I've submitted my interview on 4 April for a training purpose on 16 June.

They told me to send an email to the embassy and request the DS 5535 form so I did and send it back on 10 April.

I didn't hear back from the embassy, so I sent an email on 7 May for and update and they replied that the process may take 60 days or less and maybe more.

The question is that the training starts on 16 June and really don't need to miss it.

Do I email the embassy one more time or wait for their call or email?

Thanks all and appreciate your help.

What embassy and what kind of visa you interviewed from? 

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

With sadness I have to report that we had to email the embassy and ask for them to send my husband's passport back to him. We are now close to 4 months of AP and still no end in sight. 

My husband needs his passport to travel for his work and this delay has been a real hardship on the both of us financially. I just hope and pray they will hurry up and issue the visa so we can get on with our lives instead of living on 2 separate continents

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

4 hours ago, S.S said:

I have heard not to contact the senator/congressman as it can further delay the process. Today marks 3 months since my interview, completely cluesless and helpless.

I've heard the opposite. Our immigration lawyer even recommended it.

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

3 minutes ago, ibnfawzi said:

I've heard the opposite. Our immigration lawyer even recommended it.

Oh ok. My husband is the petitioner and his lawyer said not to contact the senator and just wait. Even we are getting very much frustrated at this time. Every day i wish to hear any good news.

2 hours ago, tiyyo said:

With sadness I have to report that we had to email the embassy and ask for them to send my husband's passport back to him. We are now close to 4 months of AP and still no end in sight. 

My husband needs his passport to travel for his work and this delay has been a real hardship on the both of us financially. I just hope and pray they will hurry up and issue the visa so we can get on with our lives instead of living on 2 separate continents

Oh did the embassy reply? Did they send the passport?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Mel.sa said:

US embassy in Lebanon, Type of visa is B1/B2

There is a group on whatsapp for ppl still in ap they are also from leb jo of u wanna join send me 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.