MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, StoneLand said:

After 10 months of waiting. My status finally changed to issued. Now waiting to receive my passport. I pray All of you here get yours asap. Keep up the patience. 

Congrats! Where did you interview from?

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, StoneLand said:

After 10 months of waiting. My status finally changed to issued. Now waiting to receive my passport. I pray All of you here get yours asap. Keep up the patience. 

Congrats!!! Where was your interview? and did they ever ask for a second medical? 

Hello,

I have been following this discussion and see most of the people who filled up 5535 are gettin visa approval between 8 to 12months...please let me know if that understanding is correct.

Also how many people here are waiting beyond one year after submitting 5535.... does anyone know that?

thanks and best wishes to all

On 8/3/2017 at 2:07 AM, SaRy said:

Thank you! :) 

On 6/20/2018 at 11:42 PM, ajsingh said:

Hello,

I have been following this discussion and see most of the people who filled up 5535 are gettin visa approval between 8 to 12months...please let me know if that understanding is correct.

Also how many people here are waiting beyond one year after submitting 5535.... does anyone know that?

thanks and best wishes to all

10 months still Ap #CR1

6 minutes ago, S.S said:

Where was your interview? I have noticed that some Countries are taking way more time.. 

My fiancee interviewed in Casablanca Morocco. Next week is 9 months of AP. Last week is 16 months since the initial application for I-129f/K1 

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Guys,

I applied for a Student visa (F-1) at Hyderabad Consulate. My VI was on 5th June and the visa was approved. But after some days, I got refused under 221(g) and was asked to fill DS-5535.

Here's the timeline of my case:

4th June: Case created        
5th June: Case updated                    // VI on 5th June (Status: Administrative Processing)
11th June: Case last updated          // Got an email from the consulate regarding my rejection. Was asked to fill DS-5535 form in the email format. I submitted the form on that day itself.

18th June: Case last updated
19th June: Case last updated          // Status changed to Issued
20th June                                            // Email from the consulate to collect the passport
21st June                                            // Collected my passport with visa :)

PS: I had traveled to the US a couple of times before on a B1/B2 visa and I wasn't asked about it during my VI. I suspect this to be the reason for refusal.

All the best for the ones still waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.