Desertrose9

Why did my fiances case got sent back to USCIS after his interview in Kabul?

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

You need to very precise with a second petition. Address everything that may have been of concern to the officer. To be honest, it is very odd for a mother and a daughter to both file fiance petitions at the same time for two males who know each other. Although they didnt mention it, any prudent officer could have put one and one together.   I know you dont want to "lose a month" by filing the petition when you return by you can not e-sign any document, it has to be original signatures. Next, you really need to make sure you address the reasons why thw K-1 was denied, you really need to talk to him. Further, any other glaring issues, age differences, cultural differences, what does he do for a living? 

What does your mom plan to do, I really think that the petitions now are "connected", meaning they know you and your mom are petitioning for men that know each other. If you dont mind me asking how old is your mom, and her fiancé? 

I'm not being negative but, this whole situation just "stinks. 

21 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

You need to very precise with a second petition. Address everything that may have been of concern to the officer. To be honest, it is very odd for a mother and a daughter to both file fiance petitions at the same time for two males who know each other. Although they didnt mention it, any prudent officer could have put one and one together.   I know you dont want to "lose a month" by filing the petition when you return by you can not e-sign any document, it has to be original signatures. Next, you really need to make sure you address the reasons why thw K-1 was denied, you really need to talk to him. Further, any other glaring issues, age differences, cultural differences, what does he do for a living? 

What does your mom plan to do, I really think that the petitions now are "connected", meaning they know you and your mom are petitioning for men that know each other. If you dont mind me asking how old is your mom, and her fiancé? 

I'm not being negative but, this whole situation just "stinks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, Maria1989 said:

I can physically be there and sign the paper works when im staying with him in Kabul, no need for e signatures and as for as the marriage certificate all they will need is a copy so i can send a copy to my friend via email

whose helped people in marriage petitions in the past 

my moms fiance is about 15 years younger than her but like i said my fiance and him dont know each other personally they just live in Kabul and they mer for the time with us so prior to that they didnt know each other

andmy fiance is 24 im 31 not a big age difference, he worked for a very well known american base as a guard At the time of his interview in afg its not a normal life there where its easy living or job hunting options sonhis contract ended shortly before Ramadan, 2017. Hes currently out of a job, and im a on a financial budget but i had a successful business owner who is my friend that wa the co sponsper

and when i asked my lawyer if maybe there was something suspiscious thatvym mother and i applied almost at the same timing also with ththe same lawyer he said one lawyer can file for five people from the same house hold for instance..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The reasons seem pretty obvious to an outsider as they no doubt did to the CO.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Desertrose9 said:

I can physically be there and sign the paper works when im staying with him in Kabul, no need for e signatures and as for as the marriage certificate all they will need is a copy so i can send a copy to my friend via email

whose helped people in marriage petitions in the past  Careful with "people who have helped others file petitions before".

my moms fiance is about 15 years younger than her but like i said my fiance and him dont know each other personally they just live in Kabul and they mer for the time with us so prior to that they didnt know each other Not a too big of an age difference for your mom and you with your
fiances.

andmy fiance is 24 im 31 not a big age difference, he worked for a very well known american base as a guard At the time of his interview in afg its not a normal life there where its easy living or job hunting options sonhis contract ended shortly before Ramadan, 2017. Hes currently out of a job, and im a on a financial budget but i had a successful business owner who is my friend that wa the co sponsper

and when i asked my lawyer if maybe there was something suspiscious thatvym mother and i applied almost at the same timing also with ththe same lawyer he said one lawyer can file for five people from the same house hold for instance.. Sure one can do that but it is a red flag
when both mother and daughter find their fiances in the same country and file petitions at the same time, it has nothing to do with
what you lawyer said, sorry that made no sense to me what he said.
I would not be in such a rush to file and take my time or you will not end up with a good quality package. Gather some bona fide
evidence first, lease, joint bank account, joint cc, joint land ownership, photos of you together at varies events etc.....then submit that.
You seem to be in a huge hurry to file.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

whose helped people in marriage petitions in the past 

my moms fiance is about 15 years younger than her but like i said my fiance and him dont know each other personally they just live in Kabul and they mer for the time with us so prior to that they didnt know each other

and when i asked my lawyer if maybe there was something suspiscious thatvym mother and i applied almost at the same timing also with ththe same lawyer he said one lawyer can file for five people from the same house hold for instance..

Wait wait.... You have the same lawyer, you dont even have the finances to do the Affidavit of support and you have a friend that is willing to sponsor your fiance, ummmm would that be the same person willing to sponsor your mother's fiance as well? I'm sorry looks Very Suspicious. Further..... I have worked in the Legal Field since 2000. That is 17 years. Currently, I do Paralegal work for a law firm recently listed as one of the top firms in the State of Michigan, I was a Courtroom Clerk ( you know that person sitting next to the Judge, and no not the Reporter that is typing), I was also a Judicial Assistant (you know that person that you often see coming from the back offices of the courtroom, the person preparing the Courts Orders, doing research for the Judge), yep that was me. So Listen to me....... All Caps coming .......... YOUR LAWYER IS A LIAR, AND HE DOES NOT CARE IF YOUR PETITION IS SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, HE DOES NOT CARE IF YOUR MOTHER'S PETITION IS SUCCESSFUL. BY THE TIME YOU ARE AT THE INTERVIEW, AND DENIED, HE HAS ALREADY COLLECTED HIS FEES ON BOTH OF YOUR FILES. 

And by the way, if your lawyer tells you that it is not suspicious for 5 family members in the same household to file petitions for recently married spouses, or in your case not yet married fiances, in the same household, not only is he a liar but that is bordering and could be perceived as malpractice, legal misconduct, or an intentional misrepresentation. A lay person can tell you that sounds suspicious, you are not talking about 5 people who accepted a job offer to work at a facility for a two year period, you are talking about 5 people in the same hosuehold getting married to 5 foreign spouses at the same time. Laughable......... Your case seems even more suspicious because you are a mother and daughter getting married at the same time, both to foreign spouses. That isn't a typical event.  You have referenced him as your Lawyer, meaning you have paid him, you signed a retainer for his services. I'm sorry to say you and your mom have wasted your money. 

For others that may be interested, its best to get counsel if ever needed by word of mouth. Also law is like medicine, just because someone is a lawyer doesn't mean they should be handling your case. For example, would you go to a Dentist for heart surgery? Check your attorney's area of practice, any attorney that says they do everything, run..... I don't want someone who normally handles criminal files working on my file regarding a domestic matter or an immigration matter. You get the point I'm making. If you can't get a word of mouth referral, contact your local bar association for a referral, they won't recommend anyone not in good standing or with a known history of grievances or suspensions. 

I wrote all this because I'm trying to help you. And guess what, it's free. But, I get the feeling that because you paid your lawyer, you will more than likely, follow his legal advice. There is nothing better than "bought advice".

Good luck to you

Edited by Maria1989

The smell test is not being passed.  Mother and daughter both divorce and soon after petition for two younger men.  

The lawyer really should not have sent the petition unless the case had more evidence of relationships.  My lawyer even suggested visiting a few times (which we did not need to do.)

Regardless, the plan of petitioning from Afghanistan sounds like a really bad plan.  Go to Afghanistan if you wish, spend a month or more there, take many, many pictures with family.  Then return to the US and file for the marriage petition a few months after.  

If you need a sponsor for the fiance visa, then you don't make enough money.  If your fiancé just lost his job, he doesn't make enough money.  If you file from Afghanistan, (not to mention how to get the petition with the original signature to the States) it looks very desperate. This isn't a dash to the US, this is a life long bond.  

Your second petition will fail without sufficient evidence of your relationship.  Send communication; not just photos.  Communications take time.  You don't want your case to look like a wife/visa for hire!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline
On 8/5/2017 at 10:03 PM, Ebunoluwa said:

Joint bank account? Lease? Waht r u talking about lol we are both broke the only way i can make a joint account under my chase is to provide proof of his id and he would have to physically be here in new york i dont know how i could do those suggestions if hes 8000 miles away

and obviously im in a hurry we are love and the distance is really hurting our relationship we want to be together finally 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I always think the important thing to bear in mind is that they can not keep you apart.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Joint bank account? Lease? Waht r u talking about lol we are both broke the only way i can make a joint account under my chase is to provide proof of his id and he would have to physically be here in new york i dont know how i could do those suggestions if hes 8000 miles away

and obviously im in a hurry we are love and the distance is really hurting our relationship we want to be together finally 

You said you want to live there for a while and file from there. You would have to live somewhere, as in an apartment perhaps so a lease with
both of your names on it would be good.
He should have a bank account with your name on it as a joint account, I am aware it wouldn't work on your bank account in the US.
If he owns a little piece of land or a car then put that in both names.
I am talking about in his country because it sounded like you want to stay there and file from there.
I am trying to help you so take it easy.
Yes, obviously you are in a hurry and as I keep saying that is not in your favor.
Everyone here wants to be together, no one wants to be apart, so move there temporarily until approved and have good evidence
for the embassy by living together.
If it is hurting your relationship then re evaluate why that is and make changes to improve that, it should strengthen it with fresh
commitment, not hurt it. Hurrying is not the answer. Endurance and evidence is.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

7 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

What do you mean, your sponsor was someone else?

I was wondering that myself.

It sounds like she had her mother on the Affidavit of support, which of course would bring mom into the case.  So mom must earn enough to pay for two men.  

I do recall the OP mentioning that she had to send in tax returns earlier in this post and then I was surprised that her attorney sent off such a petition without tax returns!!!  If he was worth his education, he would have sent copies of the forms AND at least the transcripts from the IRS!

Well, we will see how fast this goes.  At least rent in Kabul is cheap and the homes are large so her and her mother can both stay in AFG to improve their cases.  

(Wish I had access to my popcorn animation...)

Edited by Amhara

Signature coming soon...

Timeline
21 hours ago, Ebunoluwa said:

You said you want to live there for a while and file from there. You would have to live somewhere, as in an apartment perhaps so a lease with
both of your names on it would be good.
He should have a bank account with your name on it as a joint account, I am aware it wouldn't work on your bank account in the US.
If he owns a little piece of land or a car then put that in both names.
I am talking about in his country because it sounded like you want to stay there and file from there.
I am trying to help you so take it easy.
Yes, obviously you are in a hurry and as I keep saying that is not in your favor.
Everyone here wants to be together, no one wants to be apart, so move there temporarily until approved and have good evidence
for the embassy by living together.
If it is hurting your relationship then re evaluate why that is and make changes to improve that, it should strengthen it with fresh
commitment, not hurt it. Hurrying is not the answer. Endurance and evidence is. He doesnt own land or a car, any other sugggestions ?

Ok sorry and thanks for the info on that.youre  right i shouldnt rush- so ill be staying with his parents i dont know how i could get a lease from that or something?

.s so lets say i live there for a few months  and still apply from there i should still wait after building those relationships etc for the firsft few months then apply?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Desertrose9 said:

Ok sorry and thanks for the info on that.youre  right i shouldnt rush- so ill be staying with his parents i dont know how i could get a lease from that or something?

.s so lets say i live there for a few months  and still apply from there i should still wait after building those relationships etc for the firsft few months then apply?

Yes, build and grow the relationship, gather evidence, then file. Your fiance would know how to get a lease or get an affidavit from his parents stating
they approve of your relationship and that you live with them temporarily. Excellent evidence.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Desertrose9 said:

Hey u guys are assuming things i dont understand really so let me CLARIFY SOMETHINg: I NEVER SAID MY LAWYER DIDNT SEND MY TAX RETURNS HE SENT MINE AS WELL AS MY CO SPONSERS ETC- 

my mom was affidavit of support- however she didnt co sponsor my fiance because she didnt meet the guidelines for funds to sponder 2 men- thank you very much

my mother isnt goinf with me im doing this all on my own. Also because i dont want our cases to seem suspicious again

- i was planning on living with his parents for a few months, or maybe just a month- 

My bad, it was another person who didn't send their tax returns.

Not going with your mother will not make the case seem less suspicious.  Your mother would not be on the affidavit of support unless she was the co-sponsor.  Unless, of course, the same successful business man is sponsoring both guys that don't know each other.  That's what makes us confused about what you are saying.

Now your visit is down from several months to one month.  As everyone has said, it's your evidence of a bone fide relationship that will matter most.  You aren't in an arranged marriage, so relationship will matter.  

A marriage visa is easier to get, but of course, you could still face problems and it will not be fast.  Take lots of photos and have a good size wedding.  If you had a traditional Afghan wedding, that would have some weight for the interviewer.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~A number of posts removed for either personal attacks, language, going off topic and/or quoting a removed post. Post constructively or do not post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/10/2017 at 3:31 PM, Ebunoluwa said:

Yes, build and grow the relationship, gather evidence, then file. Your fiance would know how to get a lease or get an affidavit from his parents stating
they approve of your relationship and that you live with them temporarily. Excellent evidence.

Thats true but in kabul theres no lease, like in the US , he lives in a small mud house which belongs to his aunt and i believe they pay rent.. he wouldnt know how to get an affidavit from his parents how do you think he should do it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.