1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
57 minutes ago, May2017 said:

Same just a week before you, I guess we need to wait some more😕

yeah i will call again tomorrow and see if they have any update... i faxed my documents again today just to make sure they got all the evidence. have you been to a infopass appointment before ? hopefully they can do something then when i go there on monday...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 7/29/2017 at 3:15 PM, Lili08 said:

Hi guys!

Maybe I'm overthinking too much but it is normal that the status on my I-130, I-131 and I-765 is " Case was received" since 08 June, I've alreay done biometrics weeks ago and I thought somehing would change at least on I-131 and I-765.Does someone else status on this forms hasn't changed? 

Same boat here, I-130, I-485 and I-765 are on "Case was received" since June 06, today is day 79 and no updates no changes...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, seal72 said:

Same boat here, I-130, I-485 and I-765 are on "Case was received" since June 06, today is day 79 and no updates no changes...

Early to Mid May filers who did not expedite are just getting their EADs so it can be assumed that we would be getting our EADs late August if we're lucky or sometime mid September.

As for online status, our I485 status changed from FP received to Interview Ready to be Scheduled last 08/14. I'm not sure what this entails. No exact date or paper notice yet, though. 

Just hoping for the best and hoping to start working soon. Good luck to us all!!

Filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 at Chicago, IL

Field Office - San Jose, CA

Married - 01/28/17 

PD - 05/31/17

NOA1 (I-485, I-130, I-765) - 06/09/17 (Receipts start with MSC)

Biometrics - 06/27/17

"Interview Ready to be Scheduled" - 08/14/17

"Interview Scheduled" - 09/12/17

Interview NOA - 09/15/17

Interview Date - 10/13/17

EAD "Card in Production" - 09/19/17 (112 Days)

EAD "Case Approved" - 09/20/17

EAD "Card Mailed" - 09/21/17

EAD Approval Letter Received - 09/23/17

EAD Received - 09/25/17

Timeline
1 minute ago, niknik said:

Early to Mid May filers who did not expedite are just getting their EADs so it can be assumed that we would be getting our EADs late August if we're lucky or sometime mid September.

As for online status, our I485 status changed from FP received to Interview Ready to be Scheduled last 08/14. I'm not sure what this entails. No exact date or paper notice yet, though. 

Just hoping for the best and hoping to start working soon. Good luck to us all!!

Hi Guys, yeah i am the same.... currently on day 70.. my case was received June 8th 2017... completed my bio metrics on July 6th..  I tried to expedite  on 10th August 7 days ago as i have a job offer and need to start on September 4th. :( hope well all get the good news soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Emmz said:

hi just want to ask after i got my ssn in cali do we need to get mariage license first before we get married ? 

Yes you do need a marriage license before getting married in CA.

The general process is : find the website of your local clerk office - submit your informations and make an appointment- go to the clerk to get your marriage license- getting married when your are prepared!

it varies on different counties. But CA marriage license is only valid for a marriage in CA. And your need to get married in a certain period (90days I remember, but not sure) after your license will be issued.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/15/2017 at 6:11 PM, mgsanch509 said:

Hey guys!

Our I-485 Application to adjust status was APPROVED today at the INTERVIEW!!!!

Field Office: Yakima WA USCIS

Interview date: 08/15/2017

Interview approved: 08/15/2017

It was really simple, nothing too complicated or to worry about really...I'm the petitioner, and I wasn't asked any questions at all which was weird. I was so prepared, I took every document listed on the interview NOA letter and more. I even took with me plenty of relationship evidence and even my marriage license. I wasnt asked for any of that nor did IO bothered to ask to see it. He only asked my husbands passport and my ID. IO asked my husband questions about the I-485 application previously submitted to make sure no important fact was left out. IO asked security clearance questions instead of relationship questions or dates. 

"Have you ever been arrested?"

"Have been involved in a gang, mafia, or been part of human trafficking?"

" Did you ever forced onto someon sexually?"

"Are you or been involved in the Military?"

"Have you had any conflict with any IO in the USA?

"Are you involved in espionage against the USA?

" Have you operated firearms?"

"Do you have children?" 

Since my husband doesn't speak English and IO called an official approved interpreter to interpret for him. IO didn't want me to interpret the security clearance questions for obvious reasons. After that section of questions, I was able to interpret the rest of his questions to my husband. Then finally the moment of truth, he said everything submitted was properly completed and approved, that he would also approve our I-485 for his conditional green card. IO shook our hands and told us he would get his GC in less than 10 days, that my husband can start looking for a job and apply for his social security. I was like, oh officer, we have his SSN long time ago! He just laughed and said goodluck to both of us! Yayy!!! Then he said, oh yeah let me see your wedding pictures...(after he had already approved us) IO looked at a few and didnt even see all of them. He said that way I can noted it that I at least looked at them lol. Wierdo. 

The moment I walked out the office and was getting in the car, I received a USCIS email and Text notification that the card was being ordered and its in production!!!!! 

Omg congratulations! Our case is waiting to be scheduled for an interview so I hope it goes as smoothly as yours!! I'm in Northern Virginia so I'm at least glad that people here are very liberal.

K1 Fiance Visa Application

11/01/16: I-129F sent through USPS

11/08/16: NOA1 SMS confirmation received

01/30/17: NOA2 SMS confirmation received

02/14/17: NVC received and case number assigned

02/22/17: Consulate (Manila) received case

03/07/17: SLEC Medical Exam Day 1

03/08/17: SLEC Medixal Exam Day 2

03/15/17: US Consul Interview Day **APPROVED**

03/15/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

03/16/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ISSUED

03/21/17: Passport received in mail

03/25/17: POE at IAD Washington, DC

05/19/17: Married in Alexandria, VA ❤️

Adjustment of Status

06/17/17: I-485, I-765, I-131 sent through USPS

06/24/17: NOA1 SMS and email notification for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

06/29/17: NOA1 I-797 for I-485, I-765 and I-131 received by mail

06/30/17: I-797C appointment notice for biometrics received by mail

07/13/17: Biometrics appointment

09/18/17: Called USCIS to expedite I-765

09/26/17: EAD/AP Status Change to New Card is Being Produced

09/29/17: EAD/AP Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

02/14/18: I-485 Status Change to Interview is Scheduled

02/16/18: Received interview confirmation in mail

03/22/18: INTERVIEW (PASSED!)

03/27/18: I-485 Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

03/30/18: Got Green Card!

Removal of Conditions

02/28/20: Sent I-751

03/03/20: NOA1 received

10/27/21: Approved after 18 months of waiting

10/29/21: Received 10 year Green Card

Naturalization

04/30/21: Filed N-400 online and received NOA1 on same day

01/06/22: Interview for Naturalization went well, APPROVED! (6 months after filing, much faster I wonder if it's because it was filed during Biden admin)

02/25/22: Oathtaking Ceremony and receipt of Certificate. Thank you so much for your help everyone! ^^

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

GM  fellow filers I need ur assistance I need to apply for my ssn card/number. I am in the Brooklyn area between Utica N Eastern Parkway n needs to locate the closest card centre from my location. Appreciate your help.  Thank u

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jass said:

Hi guys,

Day 76 since filing. Me and my husband are really getting impatient with the EAD. He is ready to start working and my bank account is ready as well lol 

This made me laugh.. I think we all feel this quote. I don't want to pick up any more overtime/PRN shifts at the hospital on Saturdays anymore. I think I say this once a week to my husband while we are waiting for his EAD. Hahaha

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

I'm at 63 days since filing. Had no update since biometrics.

My timeline predicts early-mid October for my EAD. This could mean almost 2 more months :dead:

Now I know why Americans moan about the government. It took me and my wife 2 and a half hours just to change the name on her driver's license haha 

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Timeline
12 hours ago, May2017 said:

Same just a week before you, I guess we need to wait some more😕

Just received the below ... should I call them ??? It was completed but didn't tell me the outcome ? 

On August 17, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1D2201705008MSC, was completed....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, AshMarty said:

This made me laugh.. I think we all feel this quote. I don't want to pick up any more overtime/PRN shifts at the hospital on Saturdays anymore. I think I say this once a week to my husband while we are waiting for his EAD. Hahaha

Hahaha. Yes!! I'm so tired of doing weekend shifts. Thank God I have the option to do so, but I'm so tired and don't get to see him as much. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, Jass said:

Hahaha. Yes!! I'm so tired of doing weekend shifts. Thank God I have the option to do so, but I'm so tired and don't get to see him as much. 

Hahaha... Yes, I agree. I know I am lucky I work in Health Care and have the option for PRN shifts when needed but I would rather be home hanging out with my husband. <3

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.