JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, chatchat said:

Guys! I just check on CEAC and it says 'At NVC' and the AOS line disappeared. I guess I just got case completed today. I asked my husband to call NVC when he wakes up tomorrow morning to reconfirm.

I am so over the moon now.  By the way, what's next??? lol  book my medical check up and then wait for interview date?

PS: my scan date was 22 June and my cc date is... 23 August.

Yay!! Congrats! You have to have the interview date first before you can book the medical exam, but yes that's what's next! Happy for you!! Ready for my CC too!

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Happyfamily03 said:

Thank you. We will call NVC tonight to confirm. 

We just cant believe it because we are expecting a checklist because we fill out I864ez instead of I864. 

We didnt know and probably we didnt read properly as well that income outside USA doesnt count if it doesnt continue once we move to US. They might ask us to bring new form during interview instead. 

Im waiting for their email and see what they need but we are happy and grateful :)

Wow, that's even better!! U may need to bring an updated one to the interview but at least u don't have to wait at NVC again! 😄😄

53 minutes ago, chatchat said:

Guys! I just check on CEAC and it says 'At NVC' and the AOS line disappeared. I guess I just got case completed today. I asked my husband to call NVC when he wakes up tomorrow morning to reconfirm.

I am so over the moon now.  By the way, what's next??? lol  book my medical check up and then wait for interview date?

Yaaaaaay! Congratulations 😄😄

57 minutes ago, chatchat said:

Same thing happen to me. Congrats :)

IR1 / Nebraska Service Center

07/31/2014 : Married 

02/15/2017: Sent I-130 

02/22/2017: NOA1

03/30/2017: NOA2 YAYYYyyyyy  36 days after NOA1.. Blessed  

04/19/2017: Email from NVC

04/19/2017: DS-261 unlocked

04/21/2017: AOS paid

04/25/2017: IV paid

06/14/2017: Sent AOS Package

06/21/2017: Scan date

08/23/2017: Case Complete (9 weeks)

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/06/2017: Received email from NVC regarding Interview Date

10/25/2017: Interview Date

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

36 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

Yay!! Congrats! You have to have the interview date first before you can book the medical exam, but yes that's what's next! Happy for you!! Ready for my CC too!

Thanks! Good luck with yours. Your CC is coming your way, any minutes now!

21 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

Yaaaaaay! Congratulations 😄😄

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Happyfamily03 said:

Same thing happen to me. Congrats :)

Thanks! and Congratulations to you too!!

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Yaaayyy! 1st SD 6/15, 2nd SD 8/14...

CC this evening. Supervisor Amanda came through! She called and personally reviewed our marriage certificate translation and said 'congrats, case closed'!

20170823_224350.png

Edited by Elleandeff

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elleandeff said:

Yaaayyy! 1st SD 6/15, 2nd SD 8/14...

CC this evening. Supervisor Amanda came through! She called and personally reviewed our marriage certificate translation and said 'congrats, case closed'!

20170823_224350.png

Congrats.....you're so lucky. I'm happy for you.

@Elleandeff, did you simply request a supervisor review?  If so, how long did it take them to get back to you?  I requested one as well.  They said up to 6 weeks.  I am hoping sooner.  I also sent in my "missing" document today.  I would hate to think my clock resets to 11 more weeks!!

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
4 hours ago, enriquesblanco said:

@Elleandeff, did you simply request a supervisor review?  If so, how long did it take them to get back to you?  I requested one as well.  They said up to 6 weeks.  I am hoping sooner.  I also sent in my "missing" document today.  I would hate to think my clock resets to 11 more weeks!!

@enriquesblanco , I did call and tell them the document the checklist asked for wasn't the one we had. So they then put it into supervisor review. I had to call so many times to make sure I was sending in the correct document because the embassy was confused, basically. 

Once i sent in the document, I called and asked to have the same supervisor look at it. I met with a lot of resistance from some reps, but eventually the supervisor requested the document go directly to her when it arrived. Then I just called every other day to get updates. Until eventually she called me and said she had the document and was closing the case.

My advice would be, if you start a supervisor review, find out the name of the supervisor as soon as it is assigned. Each time you call, stress that you are following up on the supervisor review with THAT supervisor, so they dont start a new review every time. Because that can reset the clock. Just be persistent in a nice way and with a little luck they might get to you earlier :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kenya
Timeline

CHECKLIST!!!! After 9 weeks of waiting our clock has reset. We missed sending my mother in laws marriage certificate. When we initially sent the documents, we didn't know her marriage cert is what they required. My wife got her citizenship through me so we sent in our marriage certificate as my wife is the petitioner. My mother in law is not immigrating with her husband neither is he included in this case as a follow to join. We will do his application at a later time when he is ready to immigrate. Am hoping this is something they could ask her to take to the interview. Trying to contact NVC and inquire. Any thoughts on this? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Just checking in.

Congrats to the CC's!

Next week we will make 9 weeks. Our country reviewing time seems to be at the same. Roughly 9 and a half and that's also what we waited the first time around so hopefully soon! It's been a very long NVC journey. 

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Has anyone tried contacting their state senator? If so, how did it help? I am trying to understand how they can help with this process and if its worth my time to try and contact mine.

Looking forward to all of us getting CC soon!!

Edited by AOKLO
Deleted text by mistake

36 minutes ago, AOKLO said:

Has anyone tried contacting their state senator? If so, how did it help? I am trying to understand how they can help with this process and if its worth my time to try and contact mine.

Looking forward to all of us getting CC soon!!

I'd say probably only if it went past the 11 week mark would that maybe help expedite things? Other than that you're still within the realm of their expected wait time. I tried contacting mine while our case was at USCIS but I never got a reply. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Carlabrazil said:

Guys, any idea when is gonna our interviews? 

Thank you 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

If you got CC this month you will probably get your date the first two weeks of September ( interview in October)  if your embassy has dates available. It all depends on how many cases from your country got Thier CC before you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.