JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

We got a check list. Here is what is missing from my husbands  My stepsons was a CC and just to bring financial support with us to the interview. How did he get approved but not his dad?????

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________ We received your Immigrant Visa Application; however, we have not received an Affidavit of Support form. You must submit an Affidavit of Support form before we can complete your case. Please go to our website http://nvc.state.gov for instructions on how to obtain, complete, and submit an Affidavit of Support form. When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.

We sent both mine and Mothers. Mine was questionable but my mother should have been fine.

______9 - MILITARY RECORDS:________________________________________ Please submit a photocopy of the applicant's official military records.

We sent. It is in both languages and really only says that he was complete and his date.

______6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION:____________________________________ We cannot accept the marriage termination document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth in the box at the top of the page. The next page will be your country's "reciprocity schedule". Click on "Marriage, Divorce Certificates" on the left-hand side. This will take you to a page with the exact requirements for the type of marriage termination document you must submit to the NVC. If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview, you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says the:  Translation is accurate Translator is competent to translate

We sent and the very clear translation.

Feeling so discouraged right now.

11 minutes ago, AOKLO said:

We got a check list. Here is what is missing from my husbands  My stepsons was a CC and just to bring financial support with us to the interview. How did he get approved but not his dad?????

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________ We received your Immigrant Visa Application; however, we have not received an Affidavit of Support form. You must submit an Affidavit of Support form before we can complete your case. Please go to our website http://nvc.state.gov for instructions on how to obtain, complete, and submit an Affidavit of Support form. When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.

We sent both mine and Mothers. Mine was questionable but my mother should have been fine.

______9 - MILITARY RECORDS:________________________________________ Please submit a photocopy of the applicant's official military records.

We sent. It is in both languages and really only says that he was complete and his date.

______6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION:____________________________________ We cannot accept the marriage termination document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth in the box at the top of the page. The next page will be your country's "reciprocity schedule". Click on "Marriage, Divorce Certificates" on the left-hand side. This will take you to a page with the exact requirements for the type of marriage termination document you must submit to the NVC. If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview, you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says the:  Translation is accurate Translator is competent to translate

We sent and the very clear translation.

Feeling so discouraged right now.

Sorry to hear about the checklist. Maybe you can call NVC and ask for supervisor or something? Congrats on CC for your stepson and your husband's will be getting his CC soon. Stay positive :)

IR1 / Nebraska Service Center

07/31/2014 : Married 

02/15/2017: Sent I-130 

02/22/2017: NOA1

03/30/2017: NOA2 YAYYYyyyyy  36 days after NOA1.. Blessed  

04/19/2017: Email from NVC

04/19/2017: DS-261 unlocked

04/21/2017: AOS paid

04/25/2017: IV paid

06/14/2017: Sent AOS Package

06/21/2017: Scan date

08/23/2017: Case Complete (9 weeks)

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/06/2017: Received email from NVC regarding Interview Date

10/25/2017: Interview Date

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

Hi, so i already receive email from NVC and it says bring to interview or send to nvc, we will bring to interview instead. It says that send photocopies of civil documents (which we sent before, i will bring more copies to interview) and copy of I864 (will fill out 864ez, wrong form for us haha.)

Anyone here sent Proof of Domicile and didnt go back till your husband/wife interview? Me and my wife has 1 child and she is also on the way.. So we will wait till she gives birth and will postpone the interview. She is a lil bit delicate that is why she refuse to do Chest Xray and Vaccinations. 

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When reviewing your case, we noticed that your sponsor might not have a principal residence or be
domiciled in the United States. A sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who lives
in the United States and plans to stay indefinitely.
If your sponsor is living outside the United States temporarily, they must show:
 They left the United States for only a limited time,
 They intend to keep their residence in the United States, and
 Evidence of continued ties to the United States

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

Please disregard my above post.

Actually please disregard my above message. I am quite confuse now.. I think i really got a checklist ( I will NVC tonight to confirm). Can anyone help with this, or anyone same situation?

This is what NVC sent: (I removed those general and impt info)

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or
that need additional information. Please review the instructions on the attached pages.

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or
that need additional information. Please review the instructions on the attached pages.
The instructions will ask you to either: 
 Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview;
or
 Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the
Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet.

As per my understanding, it is not really to bring to interview right? I have to refer to attached pages for the instructions

National Visa Center

Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet
National Visa Center
ATTN: DR

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

 Send photocopies of your civil documents (e.g., birth certificate). Send a
copy of a signed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support(s).

Meaning, I have to send it to NVC and not to bring to interview?Though we have sent copies of civil documents before. Just that we used that wrong form. We used 864ez instead of 864

_____CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When reviewing your case, we noticed that your sponsor might not have a principal residence or be
domiciled in the United States. A sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who lives
If your sponsor is living outside the United States temporarily, they must show:
 Evidence of continued ties to the United States.

You will need to bring proof of your sponsor's domicile to your visa interview. (This i understand, my wife can just bring it to interview, which we sent to NVC as well)

Edited by Happyfamily03

@Happyfamily03, each checklist begins with "the instructions will tell you to send the documents in OR bring them with you."  When I read your instructions, it shows bring them with you.  Sounds like you will have a case complete, and you simply need to be sure and bring the requested documents to interview.

It gets confusing with all of the different instructions.  Much of it is just there to re-advise on how to send in documents.  So, when you send in civil documents, you send in copies...when you send in the I-864, it must be signed, etc. etc.  

Like I said before, looks like you just need to bring them to the interview.  Congrats and look out for your CC!!

Edited by enriquesblanco

@AOKLO, I suggest you call for a supervisor review.  Maybe they can shed some light, or simply understand what you have sent.  Who knows, maybe you can bring "corrected" documents to your interview.  It is worth the phone call.

4 minutes ago, enriquesblanco said:

@Happyfamily03, each checklist begins with "the instructions will tell you to send the documents in OR bring them with you."  When I read your instructions, it shows bring them with you.  Sounds like you will have a case complete, and you simply need to be sure and bring the requested documents to interview.

It gets confusing with all of the different instructions.  Much of it is just there to re-advise on how to send in documents.  So, when you send in civil documents, you send in copies...when you send in the I-864, it must be signed, etc. etc.  

Like I said before, looks like you just need to bring them to the interview.  Congrats and look out for your CC!!

Thanks. We will call NVC tonight to confirm. Ya it gets all confusing.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, enriquesblanco said:

@AOKLO, I suggest you call for a supervisor review.  Maybe they can shed some light, or simply understand what you have sent.  Who knows, maybe you can bring "corrected" documents to your interview.  It is worth the phone call.

I plan to the second they open! I know we had it all. My Stepson was approved so clearly the AOS was in there. I know we sent the other docs as well. As the second wife, I made sure that the divorce decree was in there in both languages. We were married in Norway so I know it's legal. It's the only way that Norway sends it. When it comes to the military record we are a little unsure if what we sent was just not what they wanted or if they misplaced it. 

Ugh this process!!!

52 minutes ago, Happyfamily03 said:

Actually please disregard my above message. I am quite confuse now.. I think i really got a checklist ( I will NVC tonight to confirm). Can anyone help with this, or anyone same situation?

 Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview;
or
 Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the

As per my understanding, it is not really to bring to interview right? I have to refer to attached pages for the instructions

National Visa Center

National Visa Center

Meaning, I have to send it to NVC and not to bring to interview?Though we have sent copies of civil documents before. Just that we used that wrong form. We used 864ez instead of 864

You will need to bring proof of your sponsor's domicile to your visa interview. (This i understand, my wife can just bring it to interview, which we sent to NVC as well)

Hi!

My husband is also living with me outside US. We have submitted to proof domicile the following documents. Hope it helps. I am still waiting for my case to be completed, so I don`t know if they are going to ask for anything else.

2017-08-25_LI.jpg

Edited by crwalk

6 minutes ago, crwalk said:

Hi!

My husband is also living with me outside US. We have submitted to proof domicile the following documents. Hope it helps. I am still waiting for my case to be completed, so I don`t know if they are going to ask for anything else.

2017-08-25_LI.jpg

I think your proof of domicile is stronger than what we sent :) 

3 minutes ago, Happyfamily03 said:

I think your proof of domicile is stronger than what we sent :) 

Hopefully we will be fine. What I understood of your checklist the only thing you have to send to them is the below. All the rest you can take to the interview. 

Just now, crwalk said:

Hopefully we will be fine. What I understood of your checklist the only thing you have to send to them is the below. All the rest you can take to the interview. 

That is what i understood too. But according to some who got automatic checklist, it is normal and just bring it to interview. Will call NVC to check and confirm what we need to do. 

Timeline

I just got off the phone with NVC. We have been sent to a supervisor for review but it can take up to 6 weeks for them to review it.  We are going to send the copies that they feel were missing or unacceptable again, but she was not able to tell me why they were not correct in the first place. However, if we send it also gets the papers back in the 11-week file pile.

Hubby called back and they said they would make note that we are resending requested support documents so once it is reviewed they should look for those as well.

Prayers to whom ever please!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 hours ago, Happyfamily03 said:

or

National Visa Center

National Visa Center

You have a CC the only thing pertaining to your case is the correspondence instructions. The Info on the barcode sheet is normal. I received a checklist and mine also said the same at the top. All that matters is what it says under correspondence instructions. Of course u can call to confirm but I'm very confident after comparing mine to yours. The first page is stating they are missing something. The second page is the barcode sheet for if you were required to send in. Third sheet is your personalized instructions

Edited by Adreamer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.