2,532 posts in this topic

Hi All,  Good luck on all of you who have started ROC.

I will be filing on Jun27 and trying to get my ducks all in a row.

Have gone that huge thread that CoolCat did as well as others. Forgive me if I am repeating what has already been asked /answered elsewhere but since threads/forums  can contain old stuff, I want to be certain.

1) on the i751 form (yeah only 1 form!) , Part 5 is "your children" ..whose children? Mine or my spouse? I have no kids but he has 2. ( if his, the question about 'is child applying with you?' throws me off)

2) part of evidence... affidavits  ..do they have to be notarized?

3) I read about getting IRS transcripts.. so what you filed ( via a cpa) and/or your W2s not good enough?  What is that link to get these? Will they send via email? 

4)I am planning to travel Aug 4-14 to Canada, so I was told that after filing a NOA1 will be sent which basically gives you a 1 yr extension. However since my GC will still be valid , I don't really need it in order to re-enter the US.  Question: since my driver's license is based on  my proof of residency , when do I renew my license - before the GC expiration date or do I wait until that date? When renewed, I guess it will be renewed for only 1 yr and then I will have to go again after I get the 10yr GC?  

Thanks in advance. 

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

5 hours ago, tdotca said:

3) I read about getting IRS transcripts.. so what you filed ( via a cpa) and/or your W2s not good enough?  What is that link to get these? Will they send via email?

Hello! Here is the link to request the transcripts. It is free and you have more than enough time to receive them in the mail. It arrives from 5 to 10 business days so request as soon as possible.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript 

2 hours ago, PauPau said:

Hello! Here is the link to request the transcripts. It is free and you have more than enough time to receive them in the mail. It arrives from 5 to 10 business days so request as soon as possible.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript 

Sorry but I got confused! it gave me 2 options Account transcript or Return transcript! which one USCIS prefer?

Thanks!

@First According to this thread the preference is for tax return transcripts as long as you didn't amend your return after filing (in which case get a copy of both), but it may not matter. Anyways, I send return transcripts. I had to put in two requests since I couldn't figure out how to do two years in one, but they came at the exact same time. About 5 days.

Edited by piano

ROC Timeline:

May 31: Package mailed    

June 8: NOA1 received, dated June 2

June 27: Biometrics done

Sept 25: Case Status Update Card in Production

On May 31, 2017 at 9:56 PM, janet&adonis said:

After reading a few older posts i think im going to send it on saturday morning. I dont want it to be rejected

For those of you wondering, i dated everything for june 3 (today) and mailed everything yesterday to csc with priority mail. I will order tax transcripts for 2016 because that was the only year i did not have a transcript for. If i get an rfe then i will have it to send in. I hope all of you remembered your two passport photos along with your evidence. 

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

2 hours ago, janet&adonis said:

For those of you wondering, i dated everything for june 3 (today) and mailed everything yesterday to csc with priority mail. I will order tax transcripts for 2016 because that was the only year i did not have a transcript for. If i get an rfe then i will have it to send in. I hope all of you remembered your two passport photos along with your evidence. 

The passport photos are only for those who reside overseas pursuant to military or government orders. I had to double check the instructions form as I thought I'd miss that but thank you for reminding for those who are in this exception. Good luck!! I am waiting 'til next weekend!

7 hours ago, First said:

Sorry but I got confused! it gave me 2 options Account transcript or Return transcript! which one USCIS prefer?

Thanks!

Return Transcripts :) You have to request for each year though. Honestly, I also ordered the Account transcripts since it's free. I included it in my packet as well but based on this forum, return transcripts is enough.

5 hours ago, piano said:

@First According to this thread the preference is for tax return transcripts as long as you didn't amend your return after filing (in which case get a copy of both), but it may not matter. Anyways, I send return transcripts. I had to put in two requests since I couldn't figure out how to do two years in one, but they came at the exact same time. About 5 days.

Actually you are right! We didn't have any changes made after filing our original return so I will remove the Account Transcript in my packet to avoid confusion. I'll submit Return Transcripts only.

2 hours ago, PauPau said:

The passport photos are only for those who reside overseas pursuant to military or government orders. I had to double check the instructions form as I thought I'd miss that but thank you for reminding for those who are in this exception. Good luck!! I am waiting 'til next weekend!

I still included the passport photos. I wanted to be safe.

ROC

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

I'm undecided whether to do the cover letter and list of contents separate or all as one document. Currently I have it all as one and its 4 pages long. Which way are you all doing it?

Also, do you think they will accept printed online bank statements or will they want copied originals? I'm having trouble getting any official looking paperwork from most companies I'm dealing with, today I received a pension statement from Wells Fargo that I requested and it looks like a scrappy online print off their logo isnt even clear.

Thanks all

2 hours ago, amanda_whitehead said:

I'm undecided whether to do the cover letter and list of contents separate or all as one document. Currently I have it all as one and its 4 pages long. Which way are you all doing it?

Also, do you think they will accept printed online bank statements or will they want copied originals? I'm having trouble getting any official looking paperwork from most companies I'm dealing with, today I received a pension statement from Wells Fargo that I requested and it looks like a scrappy online print off their logo isnt even clear.

Thanks all

I'd leave the cover letter in one piece to prevent confusion.

I send printout bank statements, all of ours is online only. For some i only did screenshot printouts. I think it's fine what you have as long as it's readable. 

ROC Timeline:

May 31: Package mailed    

June 8: NOA1 received, dated June 2

June 27: Biometrics done

Sept 25: Case Status Update Card in Production

16 hours ago, amanda_whitehead said:

Thanks all

My cover letter was just two pages with the signature part on second page. Very simple. 

ROC

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

I am looking at Part 1 question 23 of the I-751 form and the way it is worded does not make sense to me. "Is your spouse or parent's spouse currently serving with or employed by the U.S. Government and serving outside the United States?"

'Parent's spouse' - Does this mean my American husband's parents?

My husband's father is retired USAF but has continued to work on the base in commercial enterprises. 

Thanks all,

1 hour ago, amanda_whitehead said:

I am looking at Part 1 question 23 of the I-751 form and the way it is worded does not make sense to me. "Is your spouse or parent's spouse currently serving with or employed by the U.S. Government and serving outside the United States?"

'Parent's spouse' - Does this mean my American husband's parents?

My husband's father is retired USAF but has continued to work on the base in commercial enterprises. 

Thanks all,

I believe what they meant by "parent's spouse" there is if only you checked "Part 3.1.b. My parent's spouse because I am unable to be included in a joint petition filed by my parent and my parent's spouse." That is how I understood that question. 

Edited by PauPau
typo error

Well here we are again, going through this journey with you all.  I sent our packet back on 5/31 and hope for a smooth process.  Some of the things we included were as follows;

- IRS Transcripts

- Rental Agreement

- Joint Bank Statement

- Joint Utility Bills

- Beneficiaries on each other's life insurance policy

- Joint Car Insurance policy 2005 to present

- Title for car we purchased together

- Target and Amex statements

- Vet bills showing us as joint financially responsible parties

- Picture collage book (over 100 pictures of us at various functions with each other and friends)

Feeling hopeful that we have provided sufficient evidence of our good faith marriage.

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.