JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, harpmi02 said:

Scan date:  4/18/2017

Our case is complete as of today 6/1/2017!!!!! FINALLY!!!!  Just got off the phone with the confirmation!!  Tears of joy for that representative!!  Praying for an interview date to come quickly!!

Congratsss!!  We have the same scan date!  Let me call to find out my status!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 hours ago, pjsr said:

Hey guys, Just called NVC again today.

SD 04\04\2017

Case Complete today...  I'm so happy :D

Now waiting for the interview. 

Good luck everyone

Did you see any changes on the case page?! Like case completed or N/A

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 minutes ago, yoel said:

Did you see any changes on the case page?! Like case completed or N/A

I honestly think it was just a coincidence that I found out today.  I went in to the summary information page yesterday, and everything looked normal, but when someone posted this morning about getting approved, I decided to go back to the summary page and see if anything had changed.  Typically there were 3 boxes of information, the DS-261 (stating complete), the AOS (stating paid), and the Applicant Information box (stating name of applicant, paid, and complete), but when I went in to look today, the AOS box was no longer there.  There were only 2 boxes present (the DS-261 and the Applicant Information box).  So then I went to the Visa Status Check website and filled all my information in, and it no longer gave me the list of documents I had to send to the NCV, the message had changed to just "At NVC."

It looked exactly how the webpage looked in the spreadsheet titled "Visa Status Examples" (green tab).  There was no where, where is specifically stated "case complete" or "n/a."  It was just my luck, and my OCD that I caught the subtle difference.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
3 minutes ago, harpmi02 said:

I honestly think it was just a coincidence that I found out today.  I went in to the summary information page yesterday, and everything looked normal, but when someone posted this morning about getting approved, I decided to go back to the summary page and see if anything had changed.  Typically there were 3 boxes of information, the DS-261 (stating complete), the AOS (stating paid), and the Applicant Information box (stating name of applicant, paid, and complete), but when I went in to look today, the AOS box was no longer there.  There were only 2 boxes present (the DS-261 and the Applicant Information box).  So then I went to the Visa Status Check website and filled all my information in, and it no longer gave me the list of documents I had to send to the NCV, the message had changed to just "At NVC."

It looked exactly how the webpage looked in the spreadsheet titled "Visa Status Examples" (green tab).  There was no where, where is specifically stated "case complete" or "n/a."  It was just my luck, and my OCD that I caught the subtle difference.

Thank you for the info and again congratulations!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

congrats to @pjsr@Ana0323@harpmi02, @Chahal, for your CCs!! 

Ana0323 and Harpmi02 are Spousal visa's and were not expedited! I'm just blown away on how quickly Harmi02 got processed (44 days/6/26 weeks !! Wondering if this is because of your USCIS priority date.. 5/13/2016..

Harpmi02 got processed at 8 weeks. We've seen this happen a few times in March. Hopefully we'll see it happen more often!

Thank you all for already updating the spreadsheet!! Please keep us posted regarding your interview date. :) 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just got told our case is in review Dept. The lady couldn't give a date for when it went into review though. Or maybe she misunderstood my Q about that.

Scan date 5th Apr

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Timeline
7 minutes ago, abfar said:

Just got told our case is in review Dept. The lady couldn't give a date for when it went into review though. Or maybe she misunderstood my Q about that.

Scan date 5th Apr

Awesome!! congrats. Almost there. 

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017  with your latest status. 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

Thank you! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Brasil2014 said:

What is the priority date? Mine is cr1 26 sep 2013. 

what?!?!? why so many years ago? The priority date is the day the USCIS received your original paperwork... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, JBMG said:

congrats to @pjsr@Ana0323@harpmi02, @Chahal 

I'm just blown away on how quickly harmi02 got processed (44 days/6/26 weeks !! Wondering if this is because of your USCIS priority date.. 5/13/2016..

Harpmi02 got processed at 8 weeks. We've seen this happen a few times in March. 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017

I'm not sure about that. Our Priority Date is 1 Feb 2016. We just got into review after 8 weeks. and we sent civil and financial docs, I'm fearing that might stretch our review time.

Edited by abfar
My cat did it
Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Timeline
2 minutes ago, abfar said:

I'm not sure about that. Our Priority Date is 1 Feb 2016. We just got into review after 8 weeks. and we sent civil and financial docs, I'm fearing that might stretch our review time.

Well there you go.. still no reasoning behind NVC processing.. Just as random as ever.. Hope you get a CC ASAP! Been waiting way too long.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, my case started in 2013.. took many steps to get until here..first the firm that I hire they are good but very busy and when comes to the paper work they took long time do prepare and review.  To start back in 2005 I came here tru the border .. I thought I was getting a visa .. but was part of those dealer and got money for it . but I was got by border patrol.. and when that happen they set me a date to court. So if you don't go the judge will give you an order of removal in    abscencia. When I found it out become a night mare.. for years. So then every stage of my processes was around that fighting for the cancelation of that order. Then thanks God was reverted then , finally I could request the I 601a waiver ( prove hardship) my wife and kids.. then when approved Nvc continues with the process . So just a quick list what happen that was a lot paper work lot patience and money..

1 •apply for the 130 approved ,forwarded to Nvc, then we noticed then about the waiver .

2 •sent the join motion to reopen to ice .if they join they send to the judge, but they Denied took 6 months . 

3 •send the motion to reopen To the judge .. accepted.. took 5 months 

4 •send the 601a waiver . 4 months Approved 

5 . Then send it again everything to the judge asking to terminate the case.. granted .

6• go back to the Nvc where was leftover. Still waiting ..wow I know lot work .. lot complexities . I adverte if anyone get in any complex cituation get an good immigration lawyer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.