Lemon23

I-751 May 2017 Filers

2,774 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, gc@gc said:

daca came to the states when they were very young and with their parents,  they didnt really have to ability to make such decision then and their parents made for them, i wouldnt call them illegal. i would believe those children have suffered enough all those years.

government is just trying to be compassionate to take care of this group of people, it would be great helpful to their growing: physically and mentally.

i can hardly image if one would like to live in a country lack of human and compassionate. 

we should alway remember why we come to the states for. 

Lol, you mean to imply that you came to the states because it is a richer place than where you came from, and not primarily because of a romantic relationship with a US citizen...? While I appreciate the honesty, I'm not sure I'd be owning up to that if I were you...

16 hours ago, raintintin said:

Went in for my I-551 stamp today and met a very nice officer who helped along the process with ease. I was told that I am eligible to apply for the N400 application.. she didn’t say that I should but indicated that it’s a good idea to do it because the wait time is increasing everyday. So , I will be applying for my N400 now. My green card was taken. I got a 1 year stamp. She said that every case (without exception) is now going to be called in for an interview, and it could take a year more!

Glad to know you got the 1-year extension. It is very frustrating to learn that every case will be called in for interview. Really don't understand why. The current I-751 processing time is around 18-20.5 months. The current N-400 processing time where I live is 14-24 months. All these policies will only delay the process by additional months, if not years. Very frustrating.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, khano1 said:

Glad to know you got the 1-year extension. It is very frustrating to learn that every case will be called in for interview. Really don't understand why. The current I-751 processing time is around 18-20.5 months. The current N-400 processing time where I live is 14-24 months. All these policies will only delay the process by additional months, if not years. Very frustrating.

It is frustrating. I am sorry.. it’s crazy it’s 2018 and something as basic as immigration is not completely sorted out yet. This should be a streamlined process by now. We really don’t have a choice except wait. The policies seem to be changing daily. So the interview thing could change and then change again. 

3 hours ago, Jameson78 said:

Lol, you mean to imply that you came to the states because it is a richer place than where you came from, and not primarily because of a romantic relationship with a US citizen...? While I appreciate the honesty, I'm not sure I'd be owning up to that if I were you...

you have no idea what i was talking about 

11 hours ago, khano1 said:

Actually, I think if I 751 interview is required for in-person, it might speed things up. I noticed some USCIS offices have AOS averaged around 5-6 months and they get approved. Same as employment based I 485 in person interview, whose waiting time is not like 18 months most of USCIS offices. So if in-person interview is required for all I 751, it could speed things up. 

The question is whether both USC and CPR can show a good faith marriage after 2-3 years of marriage when a couple starts to feel some nausea about their romantic relationship, hah. Generally, couples start to realize the grim reality of their lives and 2-3 years are critical steps toward potential divorces when their original romantic dreams are broken while reality starts to kick in as a negative effect such as paying bills. 

When every couples are married, they believe everything will be fine, but are they? Some of them have to go thru hardship including finance, health, and careers, who might eventually overcome the challenge, but unfortunately statistics shows there are many couples who do not get over the challenge and decide it would be their best interests to dissolve the marriage. 

21 hours ago, gc@gc said:

daca came to the states when they were very young and with their parents,  they didnt really have to ability to make such decision then and their parents made for them, i wouldnt call them illegal. i would believe those children have suffered enough all those years.

Yeah while I agree with your statement, the reality is that due to DACA and other refugees programs, it creates a longer waiting time for other applicants who are here legally and follow all the requirement and predicament. It is reverse discrimination if USCIS processes DACA faster than, for instance, I 751 filers, which they do now. 

I do agree the compassion is important part in democracy, but there are also grim realities that those compassion for undocumented immigrants come true at the expense of someone's sacrifices such as legal immigrants. I believe what is the most important thing is the fairness to which how USCIS processes each different category for immigration benefits, which are extremely hard to make it balanced. 

8 hours ago, gc@gc said:

you have no idea what i was talking about 

Well, you wrote that we should never forget why we came to Amerikwa, in the context of sympathizing with DACA applicants, whose parents illegally snuck into the country in order to derive benefit from being in an affluent economy and in proximity to high agency, white people. Since you wrote it in that context, this strongly implies that you yourself moved for the same reasons. I'm literally going on what you wrote. Maybe you meant it, maybe you didn't (I'm not a mind-reader), but you are the one who wrote it, not me, lol.

Edited by Jameson78

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

Well, you wrote that we should never forget why we came to Amerikwa, in the context of sympathizing with DACA applicants, whose parents illegally snuck into the country in order to derive benefit from being in an affluent economy and in proximity to high agency, white people. Since you wrote it in that context, this strongly implies that you yourself moved for the same reasons. I'm literally going on what you wrote. Maybe you meant it, maybe you didn't (I'm not a mind-reader), but you are the one who wrote it, not me, lol.

Wow, racism and mind reading in a single post! So talented.

11 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

Good thing most May filers have had their cases resolved by now and hopefully not many people have to read the bullshit youre spewing. This message board should be used to help people and answer questions. Its not your soap box to spread your vile viewpoints. Why dont you go on 4chan or some other troll site if you want to be a keyboard cowboy and rant about "Amerikwa". Many people, myself included,  have followed this thread for months and months, looking for hope and support. You didnt have anything to say back then, so i think you should try doing that again.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

Who gives the right to judge other immigrants and their pursue of their American dream? I wonder where you come from...

4 minutes ago, Jose V said:

Who gives the right to judge other immigrants and their pursue of their American dream? I wonder where you come from...

You got it wrong fam, I don't judge anyone. I empathize entirely, and actually appreciate the honesty. It's not even a country anyway, it's the North American Economic Zone, sustained by consumption, state-promoted degeneracy, an endless strategy of tension, and fiat currency. I'd probably be trying to do exactly the same thing if I were from one of the lower social strata third world, by any means necessary. In many ways, many third world immigrants have much better moral values than the native Anglo inhabitants.

Edited by Jameson78

12 hours ago, xillini said:

Actually, I think if I 751 interview is required for in-person, it might speed things up. I noticed some USCIS offices have AOS averaged around 5-6 months and they get approved. Same as employment based I 485 in person interview, whose waiting time is not like 18 months most of USCIS offices. So if in-person interview is required for all I 751, it could speed things up. 

The question is whether both USC and CPR can show a good faith marriage after 2-3 years of marriage when a couple starts to feel some nausea about their romantic relationship, hah. Generally, couples start to realize the grim reality of their lives and 2-3 years are critical steps toward potential divorces when their original romantic dreams are broken while reality starts to kick in as a negative effect such as paying bills. 

When every couples are married, they believe everything will be fine, but are they? Some of them have to go thru hardship including finance, health, and careers, who might eventually overcome the challenge, but unfortunately statistics shows there are many couples who do not get over the challenge and decide it would be their best interests to dissolve the marriage. 

I don't think there are any marriage without challenges. I understand what you are saying and every couple face those challenges (not only immigrants). Every couples perception of good faith marriage may differ from others, also from religious or cultural perspective. One couple may value romance more over responsibility, vice versa. Imagine you are an officer and we tell you how happy we are as a couple and the values we feel are more important for a relationship, while you may feel that these reasons are not worthy of good relationship because your perspective on marriage is different and deny the request.

For a side note I know someone who married a US citizen and applied for GC/citizenships right after their marriage. The relationship ended in a divorce after 3 years of marriage but he was still able to gain his immigration status because the reviewers looked at whether he went into marriage with good faith and not how it ended. Now I don't know how he did that. 

The reason I say that its going to delay the process is because they are going to mail you a letter with an interview date two months from the date of that letter. After interview they will process and send you the new card etc. All these chain of events will only delay the process by additional 2-3 months if not more.

Edited by khano1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sigh... what's going on with DHS, it's getting more and more slowly to process the application

It's 14 months in waiting without any response from DHS since the date of biometric

(VSC, May 22, 17235xxx)

14 hours ago, xillini said:

if every i-751 case is required for an interview,  then it is going to take much longer to get it done,  then it is pretty risk to file n-400 while i-751 pending. biometrics expires in one and a half year, if remember it correctly.  

2 hours ago, khano1 said:

For a side note I know someone who married a US citizen and applied for GC/citizenships right after their marriage. The relationship ended in a divorce after 3 years of marriage but he was still able to gain his immigration status because the reviewers looked at whether he went into marriage with good faith and not how it ended. Now I don't know how he did that. 

there are many marriage waiver cases here at vj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.