smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiancé just received our RFE hard copy today. We are sending an additional evidence back tomorrow! But do you guys  know how long does it take until an approval in average!? I know some of you were talking about this earlier but can’t find the page anymore... Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some Fun Facts while you wait: :D

Example NVC Case Number: GUZ2013747003

You will receive your NVC case number by email and/or regular mail months after you file, once the USCIS approves your petition and forwards it to the National Visa Center (NVC).

The National Visa Center (NVC) gives each immigrant petition a case number. This \n number has three letters followed by ten digits (numbers). The three letters are an abbreviation for the overseas embassy or consulate that will process the immigrant visa case (for example, GUZ for Guangzhou, CDJ for Ciudad Juarez).

The digits tell us exactly when NVC created the case. For example a case with the number MNL2013747003 would be a case assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. 2013 is the year in which NVC received the case from the USCIS (formerly INS). The Julian date is 747 plus 500, so this case was created on September 4, 2013, the 247th day of the year. The 003 shows that it was the third case created for Manila on that day. This case number is not the same as the USCIS receipt number, which is written on the Notice of Action, Form I-797, from the USCIS. A consular section abroad cannot find a case if all you have is the USCIS receipt number.

Edited by JSCGPV

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Saki said:

My fiancé just received our RFE hard copy today. We are sending an additional evidence back tomorrow! But do you guys  know how long does it take until an approval in average!? I know some of you were talking about this earlier but can’t find the page anymore... Thank you!

From what I've seen in the scans, after they received it and depending on the nature of the rfe it takes 1-3 weeks. But I also saw some approved right away.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

You will receive your NVC case number by email and/or regular mail months after you file, once the USCIS approves your petition and forwards it to the National Visa Center (NVC).

The National Visa Center (NVC) gives each immigrant petition a case number. This \n number has three letters followed by ten digits (numbers). The three letters are an abbreviation for the overseas embassy or consulate that will process the immigrant visa case (for example, GUZ for Guangzhou, CDJ for Ciudad Juarez).

The digits tell us exactly when NVC created the case. For example a case with the number MNL2013747003 would be a case assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. 2013 is the year in which NVC received the case from the USCIS (formerly INS). The Julian date is 747 plus 500, so this case was created on September 4, 2013, the 247th day of the year. The 003 shows that it was the third case created for Manila on that day. This case number is not the same as the USCIS receipt number, which is written on the Notice of Action, Form I-797, from the USCIS. A consular section abroad cannot find a case if all you have is the USCIS receipt number.

Annnd another example of how we get crazy here and know more than a tier 1 will ever do...

you are officially in the crazy platform now enjoy 😂😂

Not today... maybe tomorrow? :(

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Annnd another example of how we get crazy here and know more than a tier 1 will ever do...

you are officially in the crazy platform now enjoy 😂😂

Thanks.

Just don't tell my fiance I'm crazy, she might change her mind and back-out after this long wait if she finds out I'm crazy (er)!  ha ha

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

From what I've seen in the scans, after they received it and depending on the nature of the rfe it takes 1-3 weeks. But I also saw some approved right away.

Thank you for the info!! We only got proof of us met in two years because the pictures we sent did not have the dates stamped. We prepared more proofs ready tonight and mailing it back tomorrow. Do you also happen to know how long it takes for people who only got meeting in 2 yrs documentation? Any other info helps. Thank you very much!

Timeline
Just now, Saki said:

Thank you for the info!! We only got proof of us met in two years because the pictures we sent did not have the dates stamped. We prepared more proofs ready tonight and mailing it back tomorrow. Do you also happen to know how long it takes for people who only got meeting in 2 yrs documentation? Any other info helps. Thank you very much!

Try checking the rfe list @Shoegums signature (I don't know if I have it in mine) there's a all times rfe list people are putting together, you may get a clue.

as I cannot see any kind of personal info like that I cannot say for sure. But if your evidence is good enough I wouldn't think it being longer than 2 weeks. If they end up wanting more though I can't say. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
51 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

I went with Rapid Visa and here is what they sent me for instructions on the I -134: Hope this helps.

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their Form I-134, Affidavit of Support:

1. Proof of current employment or self employment. A letter from your employer on company letterhead showing your income is good evidence. You must also include at a minimum your last

four pay stubs.

2. A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. If you are self- employed, you should have completed one of the following forms with your Federal income tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Schedule D (Capital Gains), Schedule E (Supplemental Income or Loss) or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming). You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal tax return. If you don't have a copy of your tax return, you can order a transcript at no charge from the IRS

here: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

3. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms (photocopies only, not originals).

4. You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines. You can see the Poverty Guidelines here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf 

5. Occasionally a consulate will ask for your last 6-9 months bank statements, especially if you are self employed. If possible, you should go ahead and include these bank statements just in case.

The Form I-134 must have your original signature. This means you must sign and mail to the alien. They will not accept a scanned or faxed signature!

If you are using the income of persons in your household or dependents to qualify as a sponsor, you must also submit a separate Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member,

plus all of the evidence listed above for each person whose income you will use.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if we can use financial support from the beneficiary as well. Like for example, the beneficiary’s savings account should they have any substancial amount of money or investiments in their names. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, TNJ17 said:

Thanks for the info. I wonder if we can use financial support from the beneficiary as well. Like for example, the beneficiary’s savings account should they have any substancial amount of money or investiments in their names. 

I dont believe you can.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

5 minutes ago, Saki said:

Did you send in your passport stamps to show you in the the country when the pictures were taken? My pictures aren’t date stamped either as they were taken with an iPhone camera. 

4 hours ago, Danny and Taly said:

1. That sucks, that’s part of the reason I haven’t been as pushy cuz I know there’s plenty of people ahead of me that’s are still waiting 

2. I know about that link- that’s my point it won’t do anything because they’re processing May 1st so filing the inquiry is just going to give you the norml processing response. :whistle:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

It depends on the country actually (this surprised me a lot)

in japan I can actually use my bank statements. In my case it's an average amount but I can use it as secondary. 

Timeline

"Before adopting this new processing time format, USCIS displayed charts with the processing time goal (e.g., 6 months), if the field office or service center was on target in meeting the processing time.  If the office had fallen behind its processing time goal, the chart listed the filing date of the last case that the office completed.  On Jan. 4, 2017, USCIS began posting processing times using a specific date format rather than weeks or months. "

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/01/17/uscis-announces-new-approach-posting-processing-times

i wish they they went back to that style... I don't care if it's harder to understand we would dechiper it!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
35 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

Interesting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.