smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, tpeach said:

Me too....both sides of me now. one down and one up has been approved in the last two days,,,,,killing me.....

It really sux doesn't it?......I worry about a denial now as I do not understand how they go all around us...they looked at our chart(s) I am sure...so what is the problem? Hang in there friend.

7 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Philippine airlines from LAX is not cheap. I paid 1400 round trip, but they let you bid on 1st class and I have never lost. I am 6" 3" tall and do not fit in the seats well. So on their website, after buying a ticket, you can bid on an upgrade to 1st class...I always bid 700 and always get it. I find it worth the extra money as I am able to lay down, sleep, and feel good when I get there. Also, the service is impeccable.....at least on the international flights...they seem average when we island hop when I am there....going Tuesday, do you want anything? and no, I can't bring back your fiancé...HEE HEE

I'm guessing that a 12 to 14 hour flight in economy for a 6' 3" person is a bit less than comfortable!  Can you pick up some pandesal for me? lol

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Standard answer, You should start calling after 10 business days. Calling earlier just builds up more anxiety for you. Knowing it arrived at NVC then you still need the case which varies from case to case. I got my case number at the same time they told me my case was at the NVC

7 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

Can someone please tell me that it doesnt take 6 WEEKS for the NVC TO GET YOUR CASE!!😞😞😞my case was approved 10/20 but i got the notice on 10/24. And all the nvc keep saying is up to 6 weeks!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How much time nvc takes to transfer case to other consulate..is it necessary to call them to get case number???? 

If we have our lawyer,  its his responsibility to call them and fill DS-160. M so confused. :mellow:

Edited by vml

7 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

Can someone please tell me that it doesnt take 6 WEEKS for the NVC TO GET YOUR CASE!!😞😞😞my case was approved 10/20 but i got the notice on 10/24. And all the nvc keep saying is up to 6 weeks!!!!!!

That is their standard quote so you feel better when you get it sooner.  It seems to be running 2 to 3 weeks right now.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
29 minutes ago, JackSandy said:

Are there any specifics for a police check? What do i need for a police check in Mexico?

Hi Mexican beneficiary here as well, you need what is called " carte de no antecedents penates" it's pretty common some jobs here in Mexico ask for that sometimes. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, karinaaz said:

Hi Mexican beneficiary here as well, you need what is called " carte de no antecedents penates" it's pretty common some jobs here in Mexico ask for that sometimes. 

Hey there thanks for the info. Are there any k1 visa specifics for getting one?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

here is your country's portal - http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez which I found by clicking on Mexico in your profile.

I just looked at it and under Packet 3 information - 5. tells you where to obtain your police certificate. it provides a website.

also you can also ask the question in your country's portal and someone familiar with you process can answer that question for you. but typically you would get it from legal/court office in your country.

Thanks for the info, didn't know i can click on Mexico lol

Timeline
Just now, JackSandy said:

Hey there thanks for the info. Are there any k1 visa specifics for getting one?

I don't think so, I would try not to get it too early before the interview, usually the documents need to be recent.

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nemesiser said:

Standard answer, You should start calling after 10 business days. Calling earlier just builds up more anxiety for you. Knowing it arrived at NVC then you still need the case which varies from case to case. I got my case number at the same time they told me my case was at the NVC

How long was it when ur case arrived at nvc??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kpetraska said:

Okay so for those who are still waiting to see their day even be touched, please stop being sarcastic with those who are venting because they have been passed up by week's. Try and be sympathetic. Some of us early-mid may filers are being passed again and again while we watch late May filers getting their approvals and it's stressful. So for someone who filed late May to say the things that are being said, it's tough. When it starts happening to you, I'm sure your words will change as you will finally understand how it feels. As of me, I'm may 11th and I'm sure I'll hear something eventually. It's not like I'm crying that my case has disappeared. I'm just frustrated. I miss my fiance. I miss him terribly. And I wish he was here "/ I'm trying to just go with the flow and not think about it too much. We can try to be optimistic, but that only lasts so long. So again, please be sympathetic when those of us who are going through the same thing are venting about it. It helps to have the support from visa journey. This site has been a savior in this long journey.

Well put.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, karinaaz said:

I don't think so, I would try not to get it too early before the interview, usually the documents need to be recent.

Ok thanks,  how did you get yours?

This is sad submitted ds160 and gotten paperwork ready on both sides just need to book flight to her in the phils and now at stand still again stuff is still at NVC not transit or ready.... gggggggggrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Murph4865

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.