smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BCILUWAMH said:

Actually it does in certain situations.. Like if the fiance in the military is about to be deported or something( I saw one case)... Should make researches about it..

Her question is 'does it make a difference if the petitioner is in the militar?'. Her question implies whether certain job desc allows the case to be treated with priority just because the petitioner is in the military. She did not say anything about having the case expedited. That's why I responded with 'everyone is treated EQUALLY.' Just because the petitioner is in the military, it does not mean that their case is to be processed first than that of the others whose petitioner isn't.

But if the petitioner is about to be deployed, expediting the case can be REQUESTED, provided that there is a documentation proving the said circumstances coming from the petitioner's higher ups. And it is not guaranteed to be approved 100%. It is still under USCIS discretion. That's why it is called a REQUEST TO EXPEDITE.

I research, too you know.  But I pay attention to the question, and do not assume that she meant something else rather than what was stated. I started doing research even before we filed last year. And what I learned from helping people through the process is that providing tons of info to people who are new to the process can be overwhelming. 

Best of luck to all of your cases. :)

Edited by TheSkywalkers

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

2 hours ago, BCILUWAMH said:

Actually it does in certain situations.. Like if the fiance in the military is about to be deported or something( I saw one case)... Should make researches about it..

Btw, please check the reply that Catalina21 quoted me with and tell me if I did not know what you were talking about. :)

Here it is if you can't find it:

[ On 9/15/2017 at 9:34 PM, TheSkywalkers said:
He may have had their case expedited. Is he in the military and on active duty or will be deployed soon? There are criterias that has to be met in order to have the case expedited, BUT DEFINITELY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING WITH RAPIDVISA.

Rapid Visa and/or immigration lawyers do not have any power to expedite cases and have the papers processed faster than others.]

You should try to 'back read'. :)

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, K+D said:

Hello, I believe that recently they began transferring all K1 visas to the California service center rather than it being based regionally, this is likely a contributing factor to the increased delay in receiving NOA2. Hopefully you will hear something soon! 

It's been a good 3 years since cases have been coming to CSC

VSC is for problems cases. No one wants to go there.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Catalina21 said:

Good day everyone.I am a may filer.We had NOA1 on first of June.Waiting like all of you NOA2.Does is make any difference if for example the petitioner is in the military?

Thank you and god bless.

It only makes a difference if he requests expedite process due to active duty transfer of location or similar issues.

Just being in the military doesn't get him expedited.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kirin2002 said:

Thinking about sending an inquiry on my case. Did anybody do that? :)

Many have done that of course. If you have not hit the 5 month or 150 day mark then the response will likely be "wait" or "we are working February still" which is a half truth.

As a fellow May filer I think it is way too soon as there are ZERO non-expedited May filers approved yet so our turn has simply not come yet.

Maybe later this week will start to see a few May NOA 1 approvals.

2 hours ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

Do you know where you heard the from? was it in one of the forums here?

I believe my application is in the congressional units hands and I don't really know what to expect as far a timing goes.

I thought it was a few pages back someone called and said it was being looked at by someonr else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
3 hours ago, TheSkywalkers said:

Her question is 'does it make a difference if the petitioner is in the militar?'. Her question implies whether certain job desc allows the case to be treated with priority just because the petitioner is in the military. She did not say anything about having the case expedited. That's why I responded with 'everyone is treated EQUALLY.' Just because the petitioner is in the military, it does not mean that their case is to be processed first than that of the others whose petitioner isn't.

But if the petitioner is about to be deployed, expediting the case can be REQUESTED, provided that there is a documentation proving the said circumstances coming from the petitioner's higher ups. And it is not guaranteed to be approved 100%. It is still under USCIS discretion. That's why it is called a REQUEST TO EXPEDITE.

I research, too you know.  But I pay attention to the question, and do not assume that she meant something else rather than what was stated. I started doing research even before we filed last year. And what I learned from helping people through the process is that providing tons of info to people who are new to the process can be overwhelming. 

Best of luck to all of your cases. :)

Wow chill my bad if I offended.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, LabOz said:

Many have done that of course. If you have not hit the 5 month or 150 day mark then the response will likely be "wait" or "we are working February still" which is a half truth.

As a fellow May filer I think it is way too soon as there are ZERO non-expedited May filers approved yet so our turn has simply not come yet.

Maybe later this week will start to see a few May NOA 1 approvals.

You are right. I'm 132 days so not too many until 150. Thanks! I'll wait.

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

1 hour ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

when you put it like that, it sounds really good. i pray we both get approved swiftly and without any hardships. ^_^

Thank you. Either we can look at how long its been or look at how long we have left. I think all of may filers will be going crazy soon lol.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Oberri said:

Hello all!! 

Has any "May filers" received any notice ?

STRESSED! 

If you read through a few pages of the thread here or look at Igor's list you will see your answer is no...accept for a few expedited cases.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=2&sortby=2  (Igor's list)

CSC has been approving about 5 cases for VJ members per day.

At this rate we "May" (pun intended) see a few May approvals trickle in next week.

Timeline
5 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

So VSC is bad news?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=2&option=3&sortby=2  - Igor's list for VSC

The last NOA 2 issued out of VSC for any VJ members was back on Aug 7th over 5 weeks ago and that couple waited 1 year so yeah I'd say extremely bad news.

Edited by LabOz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.