seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/20/2017 at 11:46 AM, Luis562 said:

Hi guys I just sing up here and I love this web site I'm waiting for my approval on the adjustment status it seems pretty backed up I'm in the April group as well I got my letter extension but we planning travel outside USA but I'm not sure if it's safe travel with expired green card and a letter extension.? I'm kinda consumed if risk it or not I've heard of passport stamp but we don't know what to do any advices ?:o

We are traveling. We have checked with USCIS and are taking the advice of everyone here. Travel with the letter, card and printed guidelines.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Estrella7679 said:

We are traveling. We have checked with USCIS and are taking the advice of everyone here. Travel with the letter, card and printed guidelines.  

Let me know how was is it! im planning go to guadalajara end of the month planning cross by the CBX im still scared!:unsure:

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone I have a question for you I applied I751 for my 7 years old son last April and his case is still under processing in same time I applied for my citizenship and my oath ceremony on Aug 22 so in this case is my son becomes a us citizen too or I must wait until he gets his new GC to apply for a passport for him??!! 

5 hours ago, Omarov2009 said:

Hello everyone I have a question for you I applied I751 for my 7 years old son last April and his case is still under processing in same time I applied for my citizenship and my oath ceremony on Aug 22 so in this case is my son becomes a us citizen too or I must wait until he gets his new GC to apply for a passport for him??!! 

It sounds like you may want to research "Derivation of Citizenship" for your children. A quick google landed me here: https://cliniclegal.org/sites/default/files/231718_clinic_08.pdf which may be of help.

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, JP & LMR said:

It sounds like you may want to research "Derivation of Citizenship" for your children. A quick google landed me here: https://cliniclegal.org/sites/default/files/231718_clinic_08.pdf which may be of help.

Thank you very much I think I can apply for a passport for him 

On 08/01/2017 at 2:39 PM, kay&K said:

Hi guys,

I visited the USCIS office and they didnt stamp the I 55 stamp saying that it is meant for folks whose cards expiry date is closer to an year or more. So am  going to risk travelling on the expired green card, NOA1, marriage cert and the CBP airlines carrier page 38 printout. Will update on how it goes. God has it all under control.

Pleas just tell us what happens when you come back. Good luck bro. Be safe

• 2 weeks later...

My stepdaughter and wife filed for I-751 in June.

I-797 has wife's name only and USCIS said that only wife's name would be on the letter, not stepdaughter. We drove 200 miles today to talk to an official about this. They said have stepdaughter take as much documentation as needed and that letter original. Went to airline and they said it should be fine.

Stepdaughter is flying to Thailand for doctor stuff in a couple of days. She will have the I-797, birth certificate, a letter from me explaining the situation, her expired 2 year green card, marriage certificate for her wife and I. (birth and marriage certificate to connect the dots. Their case number is not in the USCIS system as of 20 minutes ago. she will have her passport of course!

Edited by somtam

Hello everyone!

I'm an April 2017 filer and plan to be out of the country for 3 weeks in October. My concern is that I may hear back from USCIS around this time. Is this the time we should be expecting interview or possible RFE notices? I filed with Vermont SC and knowing the backlog, should I be concerned? Does anyone know around when they get back with a reply if filed in April '17? Also, will the interview notice and RFE show up in My Online Case Status? 

Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/29/2017 at 10:10 AM, MilaD said:

Hello everyone!

I'm an April 2017 filer and plan to be out of the country for 3 weeks in October. My concern is that I may hear back from USCIS around this time. Is this the time we should be expecting interview or possible RFE notices? I filed with Vermont SC and knowing the backlog, should I be concerned? Does anyone know around when they get back with a reply if filed in April '17? Also, will the interview notice and RFE show up in My Online Case Status? 

Thanks!!

Most recent estimates show both SC's working a 13 month backlog. Very unlikely you would hear anything in October, only 6 months from when you filed.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mmedaus21 said:

Just want to ask. If youre assigned to an officer, does that mean they are working on your case?

That could be, but how would you know they have assigned your case to an officer? I've never seen such a status.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
Just now, Russ&Caro said:

That could be, but how would you know they have assigned your case to an officer? I've never seen such a status.

to be honest with you I had selected a wrong group

On 08/29/2017 at 0:10 PM, MilaD said:

Hello everyone!

Thanks!!

Hi Milad. Is this your first travel outside with NOA. and if you can tell me where are you from thx.

On 8/30/2017 at 1:18 PM, Russ&Caro said:

Most recent estimates show both SC's working a 13 month backlog. Very unlikely you would hear anything in October, only 6 months from when you filed.

Thanks! That's good to know. I am hoping nothing comes for when I am away. With a 13 month backlog, perhaps the interviews and RFEs will come much later. Hope so. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.