seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bella1464 said:

The bank statements with all the transactions for 2 years. Now that will be a lot of pages. 

Hope to apply next week! 

Have a great weekend everyone~ 

I did not submit every month's statements.  Only for a few months stretching over the course of the two years to show continuous use.  Now, of course I am still too early in this process to say if I will receive any RFE's because of that, but I have read about others who have done the same and all went well.  So that is up to you.  We also have more than one account together, so I don't know if that will make a difference.

Good luck to you!

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

@Pickle

I didn't think about that. It does make a lot of sense though. That's what I will do. By the way, speaking of "request of tax transcripts"..It will take 10 days for them to process it. I really need to file as soon as possible, I think. So I'm just going to sort the copies and get the most important ones...It's weird that our 2015 one is 145 pages long, where the 2016 is 7 pages...Don't want to receive a RFE notice,but I do know we have a lot of other documents such as both vehicles, insurance, health and life insurance...I think we should be fine. 

Please let me know if you disagree. Happy to hear any suggestions! 

Thanks again! 

1 hour ago, Bella1464 said:

@Pickle

I didn't think about that. It does make a lot of sense though. That's what I will do. By the way, speaking of "request of tax transcripts"..It will take 10 days for them to process it. I really need to file as soon as possible, I think. So I'm just going to sort the copies and get the most important ones...It's weird that our 2015 one is 145 pages long, where the 2016 is 7 pages...Don't want to receive a RFE notice,but I do know we have a lot of other documents such as both vehicles, insurance, health and life insurance...I think we should be fine. 

Please let me know if you disagree. Happy to hear any suggestions! 

Thanks again! 

They say 10 days, but ours took three or four days to arrive.  Of course it can take longer, but that was my experience.

It sounds like you have a lot of evidence to submit. I would think that they probably get more nitpicky if you do not have a lot of evidence of your relationship, or if the bank statements you submitted doesn't show much activity.  I'm not an expert though, of course these are just my opinions.  And also, you never know if the person processing your application is having a bad day or is just stricter on certain things than his colleague next to him.  I would say submit with whatever you feel comfortable with.  And if you haven't yet, read some more here on VJ about other people's experiences (in threads where people were already approved).  That was very helpful to me, because some people submit a mountain of documents, others submit the bare minimum, and both gets approved.  I think mine was somewhere in the middle, and I'm crossing my fingers for no RFE's :) 

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

16 hours ago, Bella1464 said:

The bank statements with all the transactions for 2 years. Now that will be a lot of pages. 

Hope to apply next week! 

Have a great weekend everyone~ 

Mine last 3months bank statement of every year of 4 years almost being together as a couple. 😊 God bless!

Marney

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How long after receiving NOA do people generally get RFEs?

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:04 AM, anjans said:

Call them immediately!!

UPDATE - I called them, but no lucky on answer my questions. So on June 2nd I went to USCIS website and filled out a form on https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do;jsessionid=abcYLMJntkwY4_mtoYWZv?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn (Non-Delivery of Notice). They sent me an email with the message:

"Thank you for your request:
USCIS will review and process the request
Expect a reply by June 24, 2017"

On June 14 I receved other email from USCIS.

"On June 2, 2017, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 to notify us that you did not receive your receipt notice. Thank you for your inquiry.  We will mail your receipt notice as soon as possible.  You will receive it within 30 days."

On June 17 I received my missed letter NOA with 1 year extension =)

We hope this information is helpful to you all who had missed letters from USCIS.

Hello everyone! 

I do have a question...I've been told that this whole I-751  process will take about 6 months or so...Based on everything I have read it's going to take about a year..What is happening? Is it the new time frame or those long cases are the ones what are complicated or have some kind of issues?

Thank you.

Yes, same question as above .Thanks for any response at all.

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bella1464 said:

Hello everyone! 

I do have a question...I've been told that this whole I-751  process will take about 6 months or so...Based on everything I have read it's going to take about a year..What is happening? Is it the new time frame or those long cases are the ones what are complicated or have some kind of issues?

Thank you.

Yeah, this matches what I've read. About a year ago it was taking 6 months. Today it looks to be 12 months or longer, even for the Calif Svc Center. Don't know the reasons for the slow down. My wife and I are expecting to have to file for citizenship n-400 in 9 months to force them pick up our ROC case and process simultaneously with the citizenship case.

Not much else we can do, really. Calling them and asking for status seems futile until April 2018.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

10 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

Yeah, this matches what I've read. About a year ago it was taking 6 months. Today it looks to be 12 months or longer, even for the Calif Svc Center. Don't know the reasons for the slow down. My wife and I are expecting to have to file for citizenship n-400 in 9 months to force them pick up our ROC case and process simultaneously with the citizenship case.

Not much else we can do, really. Calling them and asking for status seems futile until April 2018.

Someone told me it has something to do with the new president. They are stricter now or whatever....That does make sense

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys I just sing up here and I love this web site I'm waiting for my approval on the adjustment status it seems pretty backed up I'm in the April group as well I got my letter extension but we planning travel outside USA but I'm not sure if it's safe travel with expired green card and a letter extension.? I'm kinda consumed if risk it or not I've heard of passport stamp but we don't know what to do any advices ?:o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.