k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, agnesita84 said:

I'm in Austin, so field office is San Antonio. No news since April 4th last year. I filed in late March, processing date March 30th. Status stuck on fingerprints since April 4th. No idea what's going on with my case, or why it's taking so long.

I would make an infopass appointment or service request

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 2/5/2018 at 7:45 PM, Spring2017 said:

Any Dallas AOS filers for April 2017?

I've had the worst luck so far with this process. My EAD/combo card was approved July 2017 and sent to me- to the wrong address, it was sent back to USCIS Sept 2017. After 3 Infopass appointments, letters to my congressman, and 3 service requests, I still have no EAD/combo card.

At this point waiting for my GC interview is my only hope...

I'm a Dallas AOS filer as well. Status was change to ready to schedule interview since June 19th. Received my EAD on mid August 2017, nothing since then

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
18 hours ago, hommeaetage said:

I'm a Dallas AOS filer as well. Status was change to ready to schedule interview since June 19th. Received my EAD on mid August 2017, nothing since then

Hello,

I am a Houston AOS filer too. My status was change to ready to schedule interview since June 21st. Received my EAD on mid August 2017, nothing since then. Wow ... same case over here 🤔😐

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Had my interview today.

It seems that USCIS had lost or misplaced a couple of forms which were supplied with my original packet (Marriage certificate; my wife's G-325a). After a rocky start, things went well and the IO was pleasant and easy-going, yet still professional.
Case has been put on hold, however, as the medical I supplied was filled out on the wrong edition of the form (an updated version had been released two-and-a-half-weeks prior to having my examination). This meant the gonorrhoea section was incomplete as it differs considerably on the old and new edition of the medical form -- frustrated that this error wasn't caught by the doctor as he was the one initially filling out the form, although I am also kicking myself for not having double checked the matter with my copy.

Bit down about the whole scenario after heading off first thing this morning with high hopes this would all be done and dusted. Will be visiting the doctor tomorrow to see if either:

a) he has a negative result for gonorrhoea testing (if it was carried out) which he can supply evidence of and reprint my results on the new edition of the medical examination form

or

b) I will have to have a separate gonorrhoea test done and signed off on the updated forms

It never ends...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday feb 15th. Everything went well it was a very short and stress free interview. The IO never told us if we were approved or not however few hours after the interview was over our case was updated online to 'new card being produced'

so i guess we were approved on the spot. We are so grateful that this part is finally done and over with at least for now

Goodluck to everyone 

18 hours ago, kaysee said:

We had our interview yesterday feb 15th. Everything went well it was a very short and stress free interview. The IO never told us if we were approved or not however few hours after the interview was over our case was updated online to 'new card being produced'

so i guess we were approved on the spot. We are so grateful that this part is finally done and over with at least for now

Goodluck to everyone 

Congratulations....

AOS Timeline:

05/01/2017: Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago, IL (didn't include child's form I-765)

05/03/2017: Delivered.

05/10/2017: NOA1s received via text/email at 11:30pm.

05/15/2017: 5 NOA1s received via mail 

05/16/2017: Form I-765 (for child) sent to Chicago, IL.

05/20/2017: Biometrics appointment letter received.

05/22/2017: 1 NOA for form I-765 (for child)received by text/e-mail.

05/26/2017: 1 NOA received via mail.

06/02/2017: Biometrics done.

06/04/2017: Biom appt letter rec'd for child's form I-765

06/14/2017: Biometrics done.(for child)

06/14/2017: Both Forms I-485; Ready to be Scheduled for Interview.

08/18/2017: EAD, new card being produced.(day 108)

08/23/2017: EAD, card is being mailed (day 114)

08/26/2017: EAD card received (day happy)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 11:33 PM, nyhd92 said:

Hi guys, I have been reading this forum for quite a while... Excited/Nervous that I haven't gotten any transfer/interview notice yet... 

Case Received: April 24, 2017

RFE for initial evidence (marriage certificate) - April 12

Biometrics Appt: May 24, 2017

USCIS Received RFE: June 02, 2017

EAD Approved: August 03, 2017

After that nothing. Is this normal? I live in New York... 

I haven't heard any news either after I got my EAD. I'm in New York City and my case was received about a week before yours, in april 2017...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 9:29 PM, Beefheart said:

Had my interview today.

It seems that USCIS had lost or misplaced a couple of forms which were supplied with my original packet (Marriage certificate; my wife's G-325a). After a rocky start, things went well and the IO was pleasant and easy-going, yet still professional.
Case has been put on hold, however, as the medical I supplied was filled out on the wrong edition of the form (an updated version had been released two-and-a-half-weeks prior to having my examination). This meant the gonorrhoea section was incomplete as it differs considerably on the old and new edition of the medical form -- frustrated that this error wasn't caught by the doctor as he was the one initially filling out the form, although I am also kicking myself for not having double checked the matter with my copy.

Bit down about the whole scenario after heading off first thing this morning with high hopes this would all be done and dusted. Will be visiting the doctor tomorrow to see if either:

a) he has a negative result for gonorrhoea testing (if it was carried out) which he can supply evidence of and reprint my results on the new edition of the medical examination form

or

b) I will have to have a separate gonorrhoea test done and signed off on the updated forms

It never ends...

sorry to hear, beefheart. hang in there, you are super close! it's great you had your interview, at least. keeping my fingers crossed you get your card soon.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have been reading a lot of the threads here. This is my timeline:

PD: 04/12/2017

Biometrics: 05/11/2017

Status online changed to Interview is ready to be scheduled on 05/25/2017

EAD combo card received: 08/01/2017

Status online changed to Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2018, received notice in the mail on 02/16/2018

Interview date 03/27/2018

Filed in NYC from E2 visa, married to my wife (US citizen).

Technically I need to redo my medical exam (I-893) as I did in February but I read that sometimes they don't ask for a new one even if it has expired so I'm not sure what to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 2/20/2018 at 12:18 PM, Jules75 said:

Hi guys,

I have been reading a lot of the threads here. This is my timeline:

PD: 04/12/2017

Biometrics: 05/11/2017

Status online changed to Interview is ready to be scheduled on 05/25/2017

EAD combo card received: 08/01/2017

Status online changed to Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2018, received notice in the mail on 02/16/2018

Interview date 03/27/2018

Filed in NYC from E2 visa, married to my wife (US citizen).

Technically I need to redo my medical exam (I-893) as I did in February but I read that sometimes they don't ask for a new one even if it has expired so I'm not sure what to do.

We have almost identical time lines.

You medical is valid for a year after submission and not a year from when it was done.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, azblk said:

We have almost identical time lines.

You medical is valid for a year after submission and not a year from when it was done.

Thank you! I guess I'm just gonna go without a new medical and see what happened.  I hope your interview will go well!

Hey everyone!

I just thought to drop an update that we had our interview today and got approved shortly after the interview. Although the officer told us that we'd hear from them in the next few weeks, I received the status update sms in about 30 minutes after the interview. I'd post a detailed account of the interview soon. For those of you still waiting, hang in there!

Cheers! :D

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, strider4 said:

Hey everyone!

I just thought to drop an update that we had our interview today and got approved shortly after the interview. Although the officer told us that we'd hear from them in the next few weeks, I received the status update sms in about 30 minutes after the interview. I'd post a detailed account of the interview soon. For those of you still waiting, hang in there!

Congrats! No more waiting games for two years! Thanks for sharing positive news from San Francisco Field office. It definitely cheers rest of us up! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
28 minutes ago, strider4 said:

Hey everyone!

Congrats. We had our interview yesterday and were only told she needed to review the file and we would receive something in the mail. Hopefully, it wont be too long to receive approval.

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.