k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hey all, 

It has been a while since I wrote something. Just wanted to update everyone. 

I had my AOS interview yesterday in Newark and it went well. We were approved and I have already received a notification that my card is being produced!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

HELLO April filers.

Do you have the link where I can check the status of I-485 request submitted in April 2017? I am in Houston, My case reached 325 days today and I am still waiting for the interview letter/notice. Last status I got in June 21, 2017 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview.

Thanks a lot.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, Ninatica said:

HELLO April filers.

Do you have the link where I can check the status of I-485 request submitted in April 2017? I am in Houston, My case reached 325 days today and I am still waiting for the interview letter/notice. Last status I got in June 21, 2017 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview.

Thanks a lot.

You'll want to use the standard USCIS case tracker available here: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 2/9/2018 at 7:46 PM, hommeaetage said:

I'm a Dallas AOS filer as well. Status was change to ready to schedule interview since June 19th. Received my EAD on mid August 2017, nothing since then

I'm Dallas AOS Filer too. Got my EAD in August and from the 25th of August my state is stopped to: waiting for an interview to be scheduled.
Causing me a lot of trouble because I got a job offer from American Airlines and they can't hire me without the permanent resident card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

After a few hiccups with the doctor sending the wrong edition of my medical records to USCIS (twice!), I have finally been approved. Received a confirmation letter today, dated on the 17th -- St Patrick's Day -- so an easy date to remember when it comes to filing for citizenship in a little under three year's time.

My surname was spelled incorrectly on the letter however (the first time during all correspondence with USCIS). Should I be concerned or is my greencard more than likely to show my correct name as on the EAD/AP combo card?

Still no update on the app, either, or indication that my card is being produced. . .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/15/2018 at 9:41 AM, Davide90 said:

Causing me a lot of trouble because I got a job offer from American Airlines and  they can't hire me without the permanent resident card .

Doesn't sound right to me. Do you have an EAD card? If so, you are 100% authorized to work in the US and can't be denied employment solely because you lack a green card. I'd double-check that with AA's HR department to be sure.

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

Timeline

I have an 

8 hours ago, narakthisud said:

Doesn't sound right to me. Do you have an EAD card? If so, you are 100% authorized to work in the US and can't be denied employment solely because you lack a green card. I'd double-check that with AA's HR department to be sure.

I have an EAD card, but unfortunately their policy is to hire only personnel with Permanent resident card, so I have to wait until the green card. 

Timeline

This morning i checked the new USCIS processing time website, and it shows something alarming.

Look like that the USCIS office in Dallas for the AOS family based is processing August 2015, anyone from Dallas has more information about it?

Thank you.

Dallas.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Davide90 said:

This morning i checked the new USCIS processing time website, and it shows something alarming.

Look like that the USCIS office in Dallas for the AOS family based is processing August 2015, anyone from Dallas has more information about it?

Thank you.

Dallas.jpg

Hello,

It is frustrating I know ... in few days my I-485 AOS family request is going to reach 365 days!!!!!! 

I am in Houston and it says:

October 27, 2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, April filers!

My field office is Chicago, IL, and per Processing Times page, it shows:

Estimated time range                Form type Case                                                        inquiry date
9.5 Months to 23 Months         Employment-based adjustment applications     May 10, 2016
11.5 Months to 32 Months       Family-based adjustment applications                August 13, 2015

However, on March 23rd, I had received in the mail both the approval notice and the green card itself. I was surprised as the online status is still showing as "Fingerprint Fee Was Received." I also had not received any text or email notification to this date.

Timeline: (Adjusting from K-1; No RFE; No Interview)

Received Date: April 3, 2017

Approved Date: March 17, 2018

Green Card Received: March 23, 2018

Good luck to anyone who is still waiting. May you receive yours soon, too!

Edited by lovewins2016

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

RFE: None

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi April filers,

I hope everyone's case has been approved or will be very soon! 

I had my immigration interview yesterday at Seattle's DHS office. The interview was delayed by about 30 minutes. We were extremely nervous. All other couples showed up with a lawyer. I think we were the only ones without one. The waiting area was packed and very stuffy. We immediately became thirsty and too hot. Felt as if Immigration drains people before interviews on purpose. 

We did not get separated. The officer was a young friendly man with whom we even were able to have a few laughs here and there. The notetaker, I believe, was also present during the whole process, which took about 30-40 minutes. 

Honestly, the interview seemed easier than my spouse and I expected. Very basic questions, mostly from the file the IO already had. There were a few questions about new jobs, titles, where we met, whether we met each other's families etc. 

At the end IO asked for any other evidence we brought, and we had a whole lot. IO didn't take it all, but asked specifically for lease agreement, bank statement (on which he asked a few questions about cars' and rent), photos, immigrant's (mine) paystubs, retirement savings beneficiary confirmation, gym membership agreement. At the end, IO added that everything looked good and he doesn't need anymore evidence from us. He asked if we had any questions and said that we should get some notification or letter in the mail regarding the decision. 

He walked us out and kept watching as we were leaving down the lobby (which i thought was weird). Thankfully, i naturally took my husband's arm as we walked. 

I read so many forums where couples were saying they got an approval notification literally 30 minutes after the interview or same day, so now I am bit worried about whether we passed or not. I know it may take weeks, but seems like most people get approved shortly after. 

Does anyone have similar experience or can tell me anything positive in these moments of stress?

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️
12/27/2019 ROC delivered to Phoenix PO Box 📦

12/31/2019 i-797 NOA issued

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

1/3/2020 Check cashed 💵and Email Notification received. Case WAC***** routed to California SC

1/7/2020 NOA Received with 18-month extension

7/11/2020 🐾 Case updated to "Fingerprint Received" without Bio Appointment 

1/27/2021 New Card being Produced notification

1/29/2021 Case approved notice 

1/29/2021 Green Card shipped

2/2/2021 Green Card Delivered

N-400:

12/27/2022 N-400 Application online 

12/27/2022 N-400 Receipt Notice

06/12/2023 Interview Scheduled notice 

07/18/2023 Interview Date 🤞🏼🇺🇸🇺🇸🤠

Timeline
On 3/27/2018 at 12:49 PM, EvgeniaM said:

Hi April filers,

I hope everyone's case has been approved or will be very soon! 

I had my immigration interview yesterday at Seattle's DHS office. The interview was delayed by about 30 minutes. We were extremely nervous. All other couples showed up with a lawyer. I think we were the only ones without one. The waiting area was packed and very stuffy. We immediately became thirsty and too hot. Felt as if Immigration drains people before interviews on purpose. 

We did not get separated. The officer was a young friendly man with whom we even were able to have a few laughs here and there. The notetaker, I believe, was also present during the whole process, which took about 30-40 minutes. 

Honestly, the interview seemed easier than my spouse and I expected. Very basic questions, mostly from the file the IO already had. There were a few questions about new jobs, titles, where we met, whether we met each other's families etc. 

At the end IO asked for any other evidence we brought, and we had a whole lot. IO didn't take it all, but asked specifically for lease agreement, bank statement (on which he asked a few questions about cars' and rent), photos, immigrant's (mine) paystubs, retirement savings beneficiary confirmation, gym membership agreement. At the end, IO added that everything looked good and he doesn't need anymore evidence from us. He asked if we had any questions and said that we should get some notification or letter in the mail regarding the decision. 

He walked us out and kept watching as we were leaving down the lobby (which i thought was weird). Thankfully, i naturally took my husband's arm as we walked. 

I read so many forums where couples were saying they got an approval notification literally 30 minutes after the interview or same day, so now I am bit worried about whether we passed or not. I know it may take weeks, but seems like most people get approved shortly after. 

Does anyone have similar experience or can tell me anything positive in these moments of stress?

Update:

AOS case was approved on March 27, 2018, a day after the interview. Green card was mailed on March 29. 

For those who don’t know use My.USCIS.gov website to check your status, not the case status online on regular USCIS website. The regular one doesn’t work properly and my case was never updated until I found a way to check through My.USCIS

i was worried sick that my case is under review and that I will wait for months to get an approval or will have to go to a second interview. Thank god, I found this other website on a different forum. 

Best of luck, everyone! Have hope! 

Edited by EvgeniaM

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

1/3/2020 Check cashed 💵and Email Notification received. Case WAC***** routed to California SC

N-400:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
33 minutes ago, EvgeniaM said:

Update:

AOS case was approved on March 27, 2018, a day after the interview. Green card was mailed on March 29. 

For those who don’t know use My.USCIS.gov website to check your status, not the case status online on regular USCIS website. The regular one doesn’t work properly and my case was never updated until I found a way to check through My.USCIS

i was worried sick that my case is under review and that I will wait for months to get an approval or will have to go to a second interview. Thank god, I found this other website on a different forum. 

Best of luck, everyone! Have hope! 

Hello someone made mention of similar website. I have one I registered already but still showing ready to be scheduled for interview. what website did you use, Can you send me the link? 

Edited by Athens

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Athens said:

Hello someone made mention of similar website. I have one I registered already but still showing ready to be scheduled for interview. what website did you use, Can you send me the link? 

The link is in the post:) 

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

N-400:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.