8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

I just received my case number from NVC and I was under the impression that my son should be assigned a case number also?

The lady at NVC kept asking for a separate USCIS receipt number which I don't have a now I'm freaking out that he's not included. Can anyone please shed some light on this ASAP for me?

Just an additional note; you can likely confirm that the NVC number you got is the one for both you and your son by calling the same office and asking.

Edited by Yu&M

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
Just now, BlueCinderella said:

It's been a long wait, but finally we found out yesterday that  we're approved!! I'm honestly in disbelief, out of frustration I didn't bother checking the website yesterday. Fortunately, my fiance checked and he surprised me with this news! 

So, how long will it take to get an NVC Case # ? The NOA 2 date was 9/20. 

Was looking at the NVC dates on the timelines and the latest one logged is from 9/8 (logged yesterday). It looks like it's pretty consistent at around 2 weeks now.

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

I just received my case number from NVC and I was under the impression that my son should be assigned a case number also?

The lady at NVC kept asking for a separate USCIS receipt number which I don't have a now I'm freaking out that he's not included. Can anyone please shed some light on this ASAP for me?

There will be only one NVC case number. You will file and pay for two DS-160 visa applications with the embassy. You will use the same case number for both. As long as he's on the I-129F application you're good. 

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

One case number for both of you dear. Once you pay the Visa fee you print 2 receipt number and pay for 2 visa fee. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I was thinking about calling the NVC today (7 days since NOA2) because why not? but the USCIS has gave me a War Head flavor in my mind about calling anybody about my case :lol: I think I will wait until Tuesday next week it will be 12 days.

For everybody waiting for NOA2 still don't worry it comes unexpectedly. Just plan for the next steps and be prepared!

Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, JeniandMatt said:

One case number for both of you dear. Once you pay the Visa fee you print 2 receipt number and pay for 2 visa fee. 

16 minutes ago, lon552 said:

There will be only one NVC case number. You will file and pay for two DS-160 visa applications with the embassy. You will use the same case number for both. As long as he's on the I-129F application you're good. 

21 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

Just an additional note; you can likely confirm that the NVC number you got is the one for both you and your son by calling the same office and asking.

Thank you all for your help! I called back NVC who confirmed this all to me as well! Crisis averted, thank you for keeping me sane!

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

Oh, Thank You ... I tell you what I am about fit to be tied here. I can't even get a response from my Senator who said they were going to send the inquiry for me, but I haven'y heard a thing from them in over a month. I am tempted to call UCSIS again today as it has been two days since the last call, but every time I  do, I just get mad, so I think I'll pass. They will get to it when they get to it I reckon. I just keep praying and keep hoping. I hope you will hear on yours soon too! it has been too long for all the April Filers and all those who are still waiting before us! Congrats to the new approvals and Good Luck to all of you still waiting!  

@vcpdragon Did you reach out to Congresswoman Roby? I have been in contact with her office concerning my petition and they have been very helpful. I am originally from Crenshaw County (right below Montgomery) and she is my representative. I would assume she would be yours, too. I am currently living in Kentucky for school, but my residence and voter registration is still Alabama. I figured it would be best to contact her and not my Louisville rep. I haven't heard anything yet, but her staff is very helpful! 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Timeline
4 hours ago, Keith & Monica said:

@Estibaliz, I am very happy for you and Gary.  As @KeriAn and I were saying, this forum would not be the same without you.  You are what has made it great.  Everyone here would say the same thing.  

Do you know when you might be flying to the US?  

Monica is going to be giving her 30 day notice at work in the next few days, she needs to find out more info on when last paycheck is and all that.  We want to make sure that she gets all the money she is supposed to.  We have the DS-160 pretty much done, but the picture.  I tried to use one that I had, but it did not like the background.  She is going to get some taken this weekend that we can use.  Then she will pay the Visa fee and we will get her Medical scheduled and of course the Interview.  So looking forward to her and I finally being together forever. B-)

yes just have the load the passport style with ears showing . neutral expression. Bring USB so they can load it or have them email to her if option. 

We did that last month it was all of 80 Pesos I think. plus you get the printed copies as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Allthephils said:

@vcpdragon Did you reach out to Congresswoman Roby? I have been in contact with her office concerning my petition and they have been very helpful. I am originally from Crenshaw County (right below Montgomery) and she is my representative. I would assume she would be yours, too. I am currently living in Kentucky for school, but my residence and voter registration is still Alabama. I figured it would be best to contact her and not my Louisville rep. I haven't heard anything yet, but her staff is very helpful! 

I will reach out to them right now! :jest: Senator Shelby is who I've been working with ... I am very disappointed I tell ya

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

I will reach out to them right now! :jest: Senator Shelby is who I've been working with ... I am very disappointed I tell ya

Best of luck! :rolleyes:

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

1 minute ago, vcpdragon said:

Make sure to post an update afterwards. I'm beyond frustrated at this point. I know it's probably my imagination but it seems the average rfe response is much shorter than what we've been waiting. Grrrrrr

Timeline
1 hour ago, estebanlars said:

I finally got news (The NOA1 Received date is 21st of April), but sadly it is a RFE. Does anyone know how long it takes approximately to process an RFE? I am waiting for the mail, is there a way to speed it up? (for example call and know from beforehand what they need)

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help!

:time:

Once you mail it back expect 2 to 8 weeks although many getting them around 3 week mark lately.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Sorry, I was trying to catch up on everything happening around here.

Also limiting my use of the phone because I still have a bit of a long day ahead :P

Everything went fine. Visa Approved. I'll write a review tomorrow maybe, but I have to say they know your case and what they are asking even if it seems routine for them. The interview was easy, but the CO did ask if Gary had been married before, what happened (seriously), if she was a US citizen (because she's not) and if she had ever lived in the US (no).

Congratulations, Estibaliz and Gary !!! Happy for you ! :dance::):star:

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
1 hour ago, BlueCinderella said:

It's been a long wait, but finally we found out yesterday that  we're approved!! I'm honestly in disbelief, out of frustration I didn't bother checking the website yesterday. Fortunately, my fiance checked and he surprised me with this news! 

So, how long will it take to get an NVC Case # ? The NOA 2 date was 9/20. 

Celebrate for a week, then call every other day.  Average is still 20 days to NVC so don't get anxious.  Remember 20 days is an average.  I got mine in 6 days so to be a 20 day average, some take longer to get there.  Focus on your embassy specific instructions, you should be on their website and reading & making plans.  Congratulations! and speedy finish!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.