8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, amishbaby said:

My fiancee made it to Brisbane a few hours ago. We've just been spending time together and will probably take a nap in a few minutes since he hasn't gotten much sleep (we like to nap together on Skype.) In a few hours I have to go grocery shopping so when it's 8am here my time, it will be roughly 10pm 9/13 in Australia, and his medical is the next day at 10:45am in the morning. I don't know how long on average the medical goes for, but I know he will spend the entire day in Brisbane, and then he leaves Brisbane on the 15th to go back to his town. It's funny because by the time he gets back in his town, he will only get a few days before he will be leaving again to go to Sydney for the interview. Each day that passes makes me more and more exicted.

In the meantime while I was waiting to speak to him today, I was filling out our wedding invitations that I'm going to send out. We have so far 53 people to invite to our reception. I'm not sure if anyone else has ever done it like this, but how were doing it is were planning on getting married in October, but having the reception in November. I just feel it's easier that way. Since the court house here is closed on a Saturday and our reception is November 11th, we can't get married on that day. All the days available for the place where I'm booking our reception are unavailable, and mostly only available on Saturdays, but I don't mind this. I actually like it. Just means that both October and November will be extremely exciting. 

So I'm picking up like 60 stamps tomorrow to mail everyone their invitations since some are family I don't see face to face... just trying to make it easier. Plus I don't mind the cost. I'm just happy stuff is getting done. Then tomorrow when he is done at his medical, were gonna work on a menu for the caterer, even though we don't know the exact number of people who will show up yet, it's good to have a menu of what were gonna have at the reception. I have a DJ sorted out... and now that I'm thinking about everything right now, everything is just about perfect. It's just figuring out what day in October were gonna get married.

I hope you enjoyed my little ramble. This is just my way of staying organized lol. I can come back to this if I get confused or not sure about something. Just a place to have a peace of mind where I can write it here for the world to see. I did literally almost every school assingment this week, so I can also slack off and take some extra time to relax. Just busy, busy, busy. Can't wait to finally cuddle in his arms. 

I hope you guys have a good night, and sweet dreams. I'll talk to you all later. <3

Congrats on the progress. We can all PM you our addresses so you can invite us LOL

Timeline
3 hours ago, asaeljethro said:

My fiance passed her 10 minute visa interview by the CO yesterday :) 

Congrats do you know what questions were asked?

Timeline
3 hours ago, An&In said:

April 19th NOA1

147 Days

I know its coming !!

I used to think I was a patient person. :lol: I know Gods timing is perfect!

Congrats to the recent Updates! It is not just NOA2 updates anymore! 

Good Luck!

Zero approvals for VJ members date 9/12 yesterday and so far zero approvals for today NOA 2's for 9/13.

We had 7 on 9/11

I guess they are done for the week :angry: (please CSC prove me wrong, very wrong)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

So my fiancé just got off the phone with a Tier 2. He asked all the questions, have our case been assigned to officer, are there any notes, have they done name check etc.. basically the lady (who btw was really helpful) said she could not see this info however she said that she would send an enquiry through to the CSC and that they need to give us an update within 15 days. Have anyone else heard of them doing this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Zero approvals for VJ members date 9/12 yesterday and so far zero approvals for today NOA 2's for 9/13.

We had 7 on 9/11

I guess they are done for the week :angry: (please CSC prove me wrong, very wrong)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

I guess the approvals for yesterday are coming by mail... Wishful thinking maybe? But sure the tracker updates being so inconsistent can be unnerving :blink:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, LabOz said:

We had 7 on 9/11

That is correct given the information that we have. Maybe the tracker is not working and there will be surprises in the mail. I am sure the approved parties just have not told us yet :lol:

Life and death are in the power of the tongue (Fingers too?). We speak (Type in this case) life and a flood of approvals from the CSC!

Our time is coming!:D

I like what somebody else put #LoveWins. Im not sure who it was but give credit to them for that lol

Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

NVC received my case 09/08 (NOA2 was 08/22). My fiancé has his medical tomorrow and we will schedule the interview as soon as Ns to NVC status changes to "ready." All needed documents were collected last week, when I was in Morocco. Does anyone know how long it takes for the status to change to ready?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
22 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

So my fiancé just got off the phone with a Tier 2. He asked all the questions, have our case been assigned to officer, are there any notes, have they done name check etc.. basically the lady (who btw was really helpful) said she could not see this info however she said that she would send an enquiry through to the CSC and that they need to give us an update within 15 days. Have anyone else heard of them doing this?

I just got off of the phone and the rep refused to send me to a Tier 2 person and she kept me on and was basically convincing me that they do not give any information regarding where they are with the process. She said to me everything looks normal, and no news is good news and I can't trust information that does not come directly from USCIS. She said an enquiry cannot be sent until they are outside of the processing time and since my case was received on April 24th, they are still within the normal processing time. We will know the new processing date perhaps by the end of this week.. I give up trying to find out more information, they seem to be super tight lipped. She even said a Tier 2 person would not have this information for me! All that she said was that when they receive cases, they are not sitting around they are "processing"...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

Happy show on November 2nd,  together !

Thank you! I'm just really hoping he'll actually be here for it

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

6 minutes ago, BlueCinderella said:

I just got off of the phone and the rep refused to send me to a Tier 2 person and she kept me on and was basically convincing me that they do not give any information regarding where they are with the process. She said to me everything looks normal, and no news is good news and I can't trust information that does not come directly from USCIS. She said an enquiry cannot be sent until they are outside of the processing time and since my case was received on April 24th, they are still within the normal processing time. We will know the new processing date perhaps by the end of this week.. I give up trying to find out more information, they seem to be super tight lipped. She even said a Tier 2 person would not have this information for me! All that she said was that when they receive cases, they are not sitting around they are "processing"...

Oh dear... I give up.. I just told my fiance that I'm starting to feel really tired and deflated with this whole process..They all say different thing.. and it's not hard to be within the normal processing times when they keep changing them.. Basically my fiance said that the lady he spoke to called it an 'electronic inquiry request' and that we will hear something within 15 days. We basically have the same dates so I'm not sure they wouldn't do this in your case. Our case was received on the 24th too, however our notice day was the 3rd May.. can I ask what your last 4 case numbers are? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Is the current processing time (5 months average) the longest the processing time has been for K-1? If it is then I am sure more people are calling asking for updates because of the new waiting time. If they receive more unwanted calls then they would stop giving out valuable/specific information so people would stop calling because they know they would not any updates. 

Food for though!

Good Luck!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Oh dear... I give up.. I just told my fiance that I'm starting to feel really tired and deflated with this whole process..They all say different thing.. and it's not hard to be within the normal processing times when they keep changing them.. Basically my fiance said that the lady he spoke to called it an 'electronic inquiry request' and that we will hear something within 15 days. We basically have the same dates so I'm not sure they wouldn't do this in your case. Our case was received on the 24th too, however our notice day was the 3rd May.. can I ask what your last 4 case numbers are? 

I will message you the last 4 digits. They have told me they never changed their estimates because we can only go by the processing times on their website.  She said this is why they are unwilling to provide estimates because depending on the number of applications they receive, the number of applications processed per week (or month) will be different. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, TamaraN said:

NVC received my case 09/08 (NOA2 was 08/22). My fiancé has his medical tomorrow and we will schedule the interview as soon as Ns to NVC status changes to "ready." All needed documents were collected last week, when I was in Morocco. Does anyone know how long it takes for the status to change to ready?

our case status took 3 days from IN TRANSIT /08 September)  to READY /11 September/ .. but 9, 10 - weekend, so it can take even 1 day, i guess... 

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
34 minutes ago, An&In said:

Is the current processing time (5 months average) the longest the processing time has been for K-1? If it is then I am sure more people are calling asking for updates because of the new waiting time. If they receive more unwanted calls then they would stop giving out valuable/specific information so people would stop calling because they know they would not any updates. 

Food for though!

Good Luck!

It just seems like the immigration officers are very inconsistant, some people have success receiving more information and some don't. Unfortunately, I'm very unlucky it seems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.