dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2017

933 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, cordoba2015 said:

Yep, we registered for the appointment right before selecting the courier service, right on the same page where we signed up for the courier. 

I assume you have accessed the page from the NVC website with the instructions for interview preparation for your embassy?

I accessed it from the link given me on the P4 letter the embassy sent me. I created the account successfully and selected dhl location but I can't get passed that page. confirmtion email is sent after successful completion of registration. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

10 minutes ago, R and KJ said:

Yay, congratulations :) 

Good luck on your interview :) wishing you all the best

Yeahh,, can't wait :) 

Thankyou!  Praying your medical goes smoothly this coming week :-) 

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

13 hours ago, cordoba2015 said:

Coming up on the two week countdown until the interview. After all of the waiting it is hard to believe this is not a dream and that this is all really happening. Months and months of imagining the interview day and it is just within our grasp.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their interview date to be assigned, and to those who have their interviews coming up this next month.

Thank you :) good luck to you as well :) hoping we all get to be there with our loved ones the soonestttttt , and may we all get through everything smootly 

13 hours ago, Mike vowell said:

I know  the feeling ,, I'm going in at end of may and it's driving me crazy ,, what a journey this has been ,, Good luck to you and everyone else ,, this way worse then waiting for xmas when I was a kid lol

I agree! Include birthdays :)

12 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

i feel the same way. its almost surreal.  I can't believe in 5 days I'll know my fate!

After all our long waiting, we are so close, am having my medical in 3 days, hoping and praying to pass it smoothly, 

you will be fine :) best of luck

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

16 minutes ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

Thankyou!  Praying your medical goes smoothly this coming week :-) 

Thank you so much, i have been so anxious, as am about to reach the last 3 steps 

medical, interview and POE.. may God bless each and everyone of us :)

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We got our Case Complete at NVC April 14th and we are waiting for an interview date. I read somewhere France was scheduling the last two weeks of each month but I couldn't find any recent case here to give me an idea of how long it's going to take to receive an appointment (does anyone here know?), so even if it was unlikely, I was still hoping to know by now. I guess we'll have an interview in June...  

Edited by __Siri

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
31 minutes ago, R and KJ said:

Thank you so much, i have been so anxious, as am about to reach the last 3 steps 

medical, interview and POE.. may God bless each and everyone of us :)

Amen. We almost there. Let hang tight folks :)

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, R and KJ said:

Yay, congratulations :) 

Good luck on your interview :) wishing you all the best

Yeahh,, can't wait :) 

how do you mean that he gave you Cr1 visa?didn't you enter US with any visa stamped on your passport before at the consulate after your interview?

Timeline
On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:24 AM, thegreatphoenix said:

Hi guys!!! It's been a while! 

So I entered the US via Los Angeles Airport (LAX) POE two days ago. I didn't have any troubles at all with the immigration. The officer at the counter basically took my packet and passport (and gave back my x-ray CD), then radioed for someone else to come pick me and my husband up and take us to secondary check. I was only asked when we got married--the rest of the time he was inside his tiny room inputting stuff on his computer. After a few minutes he emerged from said room with instructions about green card mail, etc. He gave me a CR1 visa since we haven't been married for two years upon my entry. 

I kinda hoped he would say the usual "Welcome to America!" final words, but he didn't which was a bit anti-climactic lol. He mumbled a short "welcome" and we were on our way out. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting for interview dates and interviews! 

how do you mean that he gave you Cr1 visa at point of entry?didn't you enter US with any visa stamped on your passport before at the consulate after your interview?

I wish you all the best. Just be truthful at the interview and everything will be good.

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hey all, just wanted to drop a note to this forum and will post in the forum for travelling too: had to come to the US for an important event for my husband and had obtained a B1/B2 visa while the IR-1 is pending. At the POE the officer asked me how come I didnt have a citizenship yet if my husband is a US citizen and I mentioned that the petition is finalizing. The officer only asked to see my return ticket but was prepared with all info for our IR-1 application. Just as an FYI.

On another note medical exam went well I had a good recoŕd of all my vaccinations and it lasted for about 1 hour in total including xrays.

30 minutes ago, penelope_Cy said:

Hey all, just wanted to drop a note to this forum and will post in the forum for travelling too: had to come to the US for an important event for my husband and had obtained a B1/B2 visa while the IR-1 is pending. At the POE the officer asked me how come I didnt have a citizenship yet if my husband is a US citizen and I mentioned that the petition is finalizing. The officer only asked to see my return ticket but was prepared with all info for our IR-1 application. Just as an FYI.

On another note medical exam went well I had a good recoŕd of all my vaccinations and it lasted for about 1 hour in total including xrays.

Wow that's great to hear!  I almost did the same to make it to a friends wedding (my husbands friend, but also our best man from our wedding). But travelling with a 9 month old baby and risking begin denied wasn't a gamble I wanted to take.  I will make it on time if I can, but my husband leaves 8th May regardless.  It sounds like you got a good officer on a good day, I'm really happy for you :-)

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

But travelling with a 9 month old baby and risking begin denied wasn't a gamble I wanted to take.  I will make it on time if I can, but my husband leaves 8th May regardless.  It sounds like you got a good officer on a good day, I'm really happy for you :-)

Thanks a lot! I also think I got a good officer on a good day. I was prepared to be extra screened having heard different stories for harder POE procedures nowadays so I had all possible paperwork on the reason I had to be in the US (our lawyer had said to take anything that shows the reason for visit eg wedding invitation if that was the case). At the end of the day if you are sincere and have significant proof for return eg. a P4 letter that shows all intent to follow the legal immigration route it should be taken into consideration. I also had many prior student visas with no overstays/violations so maybe that factored in.

But I completely understand your worry, if a child were ti be involced in my trip as well it would be very hard to decide such a move.

Edited by penelope_Cy

On 4/29/2017 at 9:22 AM, Saheed said:

how do you mean that he gave you Cr1 visa at point of entry?didn't you enter US with any visa stamped on your passport before at the consulate after your interview?

Hi, Saheed! So what generally happens your passport gets stamped at the embassy/consulate after the interview with IMMIGRANT VISA. Once at the Port of Entry, the officer decides whether to give you a CR or IR visa based on how long you have been married. For those married more than two years you need to present a marriage certificate if they ask for it, and then you automatically get a 10-year green card in your mail after a few weeks. Since I haven't been married two years, he gave me the CR visa which lasts two years, and which means I have to file to adjust my status in 2019 to get a regular 10-year green card.

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

Timeline
33 minutes ago, thegreatphoenix said:

Hi, Saheed! So what generally happens your passport gets stamped at the embassy/consulate after the interview with IMMIGRANT VISA. Once at the Port of Entry, the officer decides whether to give you a CR or IR visa based on how long you have been married. For those married more than two years you need to present a marriage certificate if they ask for it, and then you automatically get a 10-year green card in your mail after a few weeks. Since I haven't been married two years, he gave me the CR visa which lasts two years, and which means I have to file to adjust my status in 2019 to get a regular 10-year green card.

thanks I understand better now,I just got my own visa stamped from Lagos consulate too.what are the questions they asked you at the port of entry?

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Saheed said:

thanks I understand better now,I just got my own visa stamped from Lagos consulate too.what are the questions they asked you at the port of entry?

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.