Yzabelle

RFE because of Facebook Terms and Conditions

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! Just want to ask if anyone of you met their fiancé thru Facebook group page? And they mentioned that Facebook group in their 34a, letter how we met.. We didn't attach the terms and conditions in our packet.. But we're worried now, because some says we should have attached it.. But before we sent it, I asked 2 of my friends if it is required, they said no.. I'm so confused ?? anyone of you here got an rfe because of it? Or anyone of you stated the Facebook page and did not attach the Terms and conditions but still approved? Thaaaank you! ?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

I myself never have heard of an RFE because of not attaching FaceBook TOS.

There's a good amount of people here that seem to have met through FB someway or another.

Generally, RFE's are sent out because the person reviewing the petition is unfamiliar with the website or dating site that people had met on.

Commong sense for most is that FB is in no way associated or thought of as a marriage broker at all.

Yeah.. You're right.. But I don't understand why they kept telling me I should have attached it.. I'm going to trust that we won't get an rfe because of it. Thank you. :))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, Yzabelle said:

Yeah.. You're right.. But I don't understand why they kept telling me I should have attached it.. I'm going to trust that we won't get an rfe because of it. Thank you. :))

Who are they? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Who are they? 

I joined in a group on Facebook where group of k1 filers are there, too.. They said to attach it to make sure we don't get an rfe

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

I think that they want to be sure you didn't go through an IMBRA.  I've seen it on here before for things like Facebook, tinder, etc 

Maybe.. But we didn't attach it so I hope it's still safe. :/

18 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

I thought this made sense and now I know why it does. You are filipino right? If that's the case then I understand why you think this because the rumor mill is very strong in the Philippines abut some friends brother or you know a guy who who knew a guy that it happened to.

This is VERY common in the Philippines and please disregard it because it can lead you down a bad path. I say this because alot of Pinoys tend to believe anything they here from other Pinoys, my wife being one of them.

21 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Who are they? 

Other filipinos. This is very common in that country to believe the rumor mill.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Other filipinos. This is very common in that country to believe the rumor mill.

:lol: It is true. When one speaks, everyone believes.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
15 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I thought this made sense and now I know why it does. You are filipino right? If that's the case then I understand why you think this because the rumor mill is very strong in the Philippines abut some friends brother or you know a guy who who knew a guy that it happened to.

This is VERY common in the Philippines and please disregard it because it can lead you down a bad path. I say this because alot of Pinoys tend to believe anything they here from other Pinoys, my wife being one of them.

Hahahaha! I'm a Filipina.. and I won't say you're wrong ? That's why sometimes, I don't read and post in the Facebook group anymore because it always confuse me. :D Thank you! 

18 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Hahahaha! I'm a Filipina.. and I won't say you're wrong ? That's why sometimes, I don't read and post in the Facebook group anymore because it always confuse me. :D Thank you! 

Not saying it's a bad thing but as a Kano this is one thing some of us have noticed. My asawa was the same way she would believe other Pinoys before she believed me even with evidence. But now those people have been proven wrong enough that she just makes her own opinion now. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

It's a hit or miss for this kind of RFE.

Myself and another VJ user applied for I-129F at the same time, our NOA1 date was the same, we both simply put that we met our fiances online "Mine literally said "Met online in June 2010, and then met in person at blah blah blah May 2013 blah blah", and didn't even state where we met online. I never received an RFE, but the other user did.

Now including proof that it's not an IMBRA site would have covered all your basis, but it'll be a hit or miss if you get an RFE.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.