Philly512

Just for reassurance

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So the time has come for me to file my removal of condition ...when we filed 2 years ago we hired a lawyer because I wanted to make sure that everything was filed the right way but weeks after I found vida journey and realized I could have saved us those 2k the lawyer asked for (he literally sat down and didn't have to open his mouth on the interview ?Lol) ...so this time I'm definitely filing myself ...I'm pretty sure we have good documentation but just want to make sure and see what you guys think: 

-Apt Lease

-statements of checking and credit card accounts

-Both life insurances with each other as beneficiaries of the other 

-jointly filed tax returns 

-birth certificate of one child in common (and I can ask the school for record that shows husband is legal guardian of my older kid and involved im sure if necessary plus her report card that shows our address) 

-medical insurance through his job for both of us (kids get insurance through the State)

besides those "official" documents I have tons of pictures if necessary and  copies of itineraries of family trips inside the country and to my mother land.

do you guys think that's enough? Do I need to ask friends for affidavits? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I should think that is fine.

11/08/2012 - Became a couple online smile.png

08/21/2013 - I flew over from England to Boston to meet him smile.pngwub.png

08/29/2013 - I was due to go back home but decided to stay a little longer

09/20/2013 - We decided to get married smile.pngheart.gif

10/22/2013 - We got married!!!

12/13/2013 - Day 0 - Sent off I-130 and I-485 and I-765 to Chicago

12/16/2013 - Day 3 - AOS Packet arrived in Chicago according to USPS

12/20/2013 - Day 7 - Received e-notification to say case has been accepted and processing at the USCIS National Benefits Center.

12/24/2013 - Day 11 - Received official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) in the mail.

12/31/2013 - Day 18 - Received letter for biometrics appointment on January 23rd.

01/13/2014 - Day 31 - Received RFE for form I-864

01/23/2014 - Day 41 - Biometrics done!

03/04/2014 - Day 81 - RFE response sent!

03/06/2014 - Day 83 - RFE response arrived there!

03/20/2014 - Day 97 - EAD card in production!

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - EAD card mailed out!

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - EAD card in USPS possession and given tracking number

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - Green card interview being scheduled! :D

03/30/2014 - Day 107 - USCIS mailed out our interview notice, scheduled for May 6th!

03/31/2014 - Day 108 - Received I-765 EAD work permit in the mail!

04/01/2014 - Day 109 - Received appointment for GC

05/06/2014 - Day 145 - GC interview approved!!!

Just make sure your checking account statements and credit card statements are representative of the entire time you've been together, because that's what they'll want to see.

Do you have any cards or letters, addressed to you both, at the same address? You can include copies of those.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I think you have more than plenty of documentation.  By the way, the affidavits by friends are the least important.  Always remember that the documentation they look more closely is all signs that you shared common economical ties like 3 years of tax returns, joint bank account, joint rental agreements, joint bills and insurances, etc.

Archie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If the both of you drive add a copy of your license and joint car insurance. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

If the both of you drive add a copy of your license and joint car insurance. 

Oh yeah I forgot that part too ...the thing is, my license is from PA and it expires on the same day my green card expires (April 30th) BUT we moved to FL 2 weeks ago so I haven't done my change of license yet (he did his) because what's the point of paying for it now and then having to pay for it again in less than two months when o receive my extension letter ...but both our names are on the car insurance and by the way we both submitted our change of address to uscis already  

Looks good!

Like others have said, show credit/checking statements from throughout your marriage. Personally, I sent the oldest statement and the newest statement for each account.

I think the document showing your husband as legal guardian of your eldest child would be useful.

I included one piece of paper with multiple photos printed on it, from throughout our marriage - a mixture of seasons and some with family/friends in them. But just one piece of paper. I also sent photocopies of the boarding passes from trips we had taken together. I suspect that was just one piece of paper too.

Wills and medical power of attorney are great for ROC and for life!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

For this type of documentation how much do you send, surely not every month of banking statements ? first and last?

Do the stuff like beneficiaries have to be super recent, like I added my wife right away, but you know technically could change it. Do i need to get updated/recent stuff before filing?

If not probing, if you have medical thru employer ....how/why do kids get insured via state?

Edited by heo luoi

It looks good and you shouldn't worry at all. This is the exact same documentation I had for my wife when we did her ROC. She was approved with no interview. So go for it and you know we are here to help out if needed. 

Timeline
On 3/16/2017 at 10:48 PM, heo luoi said:

For this type of documentation how much do you send, surely not every month of banking statements ? first and last?

Do the stuff like beneficiaries have to be super recent, like I added my wife right away, but you know technically could change it. Do i need to get updated/recent stuff before filing?

If not probing, if you have medical thru employer ....how/why do kids get insured via state?

Because they can get it based on income. Based on our family size and how much we make they give children under 18 medical insurance ...it's cheaper than putting them on the one through employment 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.